Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
good luck to babs with her desperate attempt to go viral by rehashing content from the previous few years. not only is twitter absolutely filled with tweets calling out the exact products babs is posing with, but there is a entire article in the sun from 2020 reporting the story. sorry babs, but the journalists you dreamed of talking to aren't gonna be knocking at your door to interview you about your SHOOKETH reaction to years-old, rehashed content. it's old news, babs. 🤦🏻‍♀️

wild idea; try creating some actual original content for once, instead of copying content shared by other people to save the time and energy you want to save for netflix. 👌🏻

Screenshot_20220705_005016.jpg

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Good Egg

VIP Member
New thread title suggestion: shaking over a £ for a lb... Babs your contradictions knows no bounds...

• Heart

Givemethetea

VIP Member
I don’t get it- if you don’t want to buy it then don’t! I find things like slimming world a hell of a lot more hurtful to women feeding into terrible eating habits etc- stop trying to act all high and mighty

• Heart

lessthaninfluenced

She can never just see something and think “I’d love that” but have the sensible side of her say “however we really don’t need that” - she’s like Verucca Salt - give it to me now.

• Heart

Nadurath

VIP Member
My favourite part of that vlog was asking what people put in reward boxes once their kids are in High School. I thought reward boxes for an 11 and 9 year old was ludicrous but the fact she's still planning on giving Erin a reward box when she's a teenager is batshit insane. Oh, and the "what happens with birthday parties in high school" as though babs will have any involvement in anyway once Erin is celebrating her birthday with her friends....I'm beginning to doubt babs was ever a teacher given her total lack of basic understanding!

• Wow
  • Haha

Missymoo92

VIP Member
So hopefully she's dropping the kids in town and getting a coffee somewhere rather than chaperone them and pay for stuff. The whole excitement of town on a Saturday when I was that age was getting a McDs and buying abit of cheap makeup myself, no parent in sight.
Ah man those were the days. When was I 11/12 I was allowed to get on the bus into town - we had a bus down the road from our house and the bus into town was only 10 minutes.

As long as I let mum and dad know where I was on my Nokia 3310 phone it was all good 🤣

Used to spend our pocket money at superdrug on cheap lipgloss and like you say get a McDonald's
Sometimes, Saturdays would involve a sleepover with my bestie (still best friends to this day) My parents would drop me to hers and we'd walk from her house to town and do our shopping and get a movie from blockbuster and sweets. I wouldn't see my parents until the following afternoon! I can't believe how little freedom she allows Erin ☹

Sorry for the nostalgia post 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thread title suggestion -

Brummy Mummy #115 - Babs left the store "shaking" like a leaf, The Range are asking Emma, What's your beef???

• Haha
  • Heart

Nahmate100

Chatty Member
My daughter starts primary school in September and not once have I been emotional or said in front of her "I'm not ready" because at the end of the day, it's about her not me. I tell her matter of factly that she is going to school in September and that in 2 weeks she'll leave nursery and won't be going back. She has had taster days and practically yanked my arm off when running to her teacher 😂. She didn't even give me a second glance when she ran into her classroom and that's because I haven't projected my fears and sadness onto her. If course I'm worried about her and will she be happy but I haven't let her know that because I'm not a selfish arse hole who is trying to make her first day all about me.

• Heart

choochie

Why does she always. Write like this. It's weird. Masters? Published author? So. Bizarre. In 2022 as well. I am shaking.

• Haha
  • Heart

Nemodory

Doesn’t she have some bullshit sign about calories on her hot chocolate stand at Xmas? I know this because it boils my piss how she talks about calories not counting at certain times as it’s such a weird and outdated thing to say! I’m also annoyed with myself that I know this information 😂😂

• Heart

teaandtoast8

Chatty Member
Babs has genuinely inspired me to lose weight. I’ve piled on quite a lot of pounds since lockdown and haven’t been dealing with it. Watching her delusion and defensiveness around weight, as well as taking no responsibility for her health issues has really spurred me on to finally tackle my weight. I’ve started to eat healthier in the last couple of days and I’m going to pick up exercising again. The thought of it getting out of hand like it has for Bab, where she can’t climb down from her position has given me the kick up the bum I needed!

• Heart

jf99

Chatty Member
I can't believe the bloody BBC have been reporting this absolute rubbish!

I do accept there may be a small number of people who could find those things triggering but saying that they are encouraging eating disorders is such bloody crap. Obesity in this country is a much bigger problem than supposed diet culture. If people truly believe in the the 'health at any size' stuff then that's great so long as that means actually working to be healthy.

I'm in my late 20s now and I've got so many friends who have bought into this stuff over the last few years, health at any size, body confidence. Nearly every single one of them has got bigger and bigger through their 20s, including my best friend who is 5'1 and now weighs 18 1/2 stone. She refuses to admit, to anyone else anyway, that it's impacting her health despite the obvious signs that it is - barely able to keep up when walking, totally out of breath and sweating after the most basic physical exertion. She went on holiday last month and put up an Insta story laughing about the fact she needed to ask for a seatbelt extender on the plane!!

Sorry rant over, but I'm honestly appalled by people like Emma who claim to care about people being healthy and having good relationships with food, but completely ignore probably the biggest issue and promote unhealthy lifestyles.

• Heart

hattie20

VIP Member
Oh and AP can fuck off too.

Triggered if someone else has lost weigh and dares talk about it.

Just waiting for Toby and Roo to jump on it as well.

How about you all adress why it triggers you so much on a personal level and let the rest of the world get on with it?

It really upsets me. I’ve lost so many friends because of my weight loss. Larger friends who got upset becuase I got smaller than them, smaller friends who didn’t know what to do because I was no longer the fat one.

It’s all about them, not me. Just like shit like this is about Emma and her own issues around her body.

I hate it when people put their own emotions on to others.

• Heart

shazbev

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220704_172521.jpg

Ha..she's getting right rattled now. Hasn't quite gone to plan has it Bab? Thing is if you're going to make a controversial comment- be prepared to back up your statement with facts in order to have a reasonable debate- but this is Bab who doesn't engage her brain before she speaks!

• Haha
  • Heart

Missymoo92

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion

Brummy mummy #115 - Emma Louise Conway. Shaking like a leaf. Changing the world. One. Snowflake. At. A. Time.

• Haha
  • Heart

Allthecakes

VIP Member
Wow. A week with a theatre trip and a whole load of Stitch stuff for Erin. Now tell us again you don't have a favourite 😐

• Angry
  • Sad