Brooklyn and Bailey #8 Bailey flaunts her ring every time she can, Brooklyn dodges kisses from her man

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
40K ppl/year hike to base camp but they thought THEY would be quicker then normal hiking back down 🤣. Even without taking into account that they did NO training, that assumption is crazy and shows so many feelings of superiority.
Like what is the demographic of people going up to EBC they thought they would be quicker than?View attachment 2876745

Once again this shows such lack of training, anyone who has ever hiked in mountains on mountain trails knows how difficult descending without slipping can be.
it just proves that they did absolutely NO prepping outside of shopping 🤣 there are a lot of videos on YT of people doing the trek, they should at least have watched some of them! They reeeeeeealy have a “better than thou” attitude 😳

Reactions: 6
Looks like some of the group is starting to plan to get helicoptered out of EBC😂 according to Mindy’s instastories at least some of the group thought the way back down would be an easy downhill decent 😅
I can see Mindy, Brooklyn, and Dakota flying out. Brooklyn sounds so over it in her story (she’s showing how high they have to hike and at the end she goes “ugh”). Also, I don’t understand why Brooklyn sends videos/photos to Bailey for her post, instead of just posting them herself. Mindy, Kamri, and Charlie are posting their own stories, why can’t Brooklyn post them herself?

Reactions: 6
Brooklyn: "we got solar panel chargers for our phones and camera, so basically the sun powers it up".🤡
No way, I thought it would have been the moon /s

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I gotta say, it’s fascinating how the trek is going just like this thread predicted! They were so unprepared and now they’re totally miserable

Reactions: 13
I think it’s quite disrespectful how Mindy is complaining about the food. Also have they not hiked before that they don’t know that to climb a mountain it’s not all straight up and same for coming down. It’s not all down. Sometimes down can be worse on the legs.

Dakota and Mindy are definitely over it. Dakota saying his motivation was they are closer to base camp when the others are saying podcasts and playlists. Brooklyn seems still in good spirits all things considered.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s quite disrespectful how Mindy is complaining about the food. Also have they not hiked before that they don’t know that to climb a mountain it’s not all straight up and same for coming down. It’s not all down. Sometimes down can be worse on the legs.
Kamri was even worse, gagging at the breakfast today 🤮 So rude!

They don't seem to have any clue about anything outside of their sheltered bubble. They seemingly never came across fog before, too. Or drizzle. Or freezing temperatures.
It's hilarious from a european perspective, as they are basically hiking in standard february weather.

I bet the sherpa (? don't want to be disrespectful) is lying to them about being faster than regular groups to cheer them up at this point.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12

They don't seem to have any clue about anything outside of their sheltered bubble. They seemingly never came across fog before, too. Or drizzle. Or freezing temperatures.
It's hilarious from a european perspective, as they are basically hiking in standard february weather.

I bet the sherpa (? don't want to be disrespectful) is lying to them about being faster than regular groups to cheer them up at this point.
I totally agree. They seem the type that go on holiday and eat at the local McDonald’s and don’t try any local cuisine. I understand eating the same thing most times a day can be tough but surely after a day of hiking being able to fuel your body is paramount rather than what it tastes like.

Reactions: 11
I often mock Bailey for being a bit dim but I think she knew herself well enough to pass on the hiking trip, they all look miserable and haven't been able to wash for over a week, have issues with the altitude, it's cold yet they are sunburnt, and they are struggling to eat dry tortilla wraps for breakfast. I bet they are really hungry. Oh and they have to be careful the yaks don't push them off the trail 🤭 I therefore have to congratulate Bailey on not putting herself through that. The views are amazing but I'm not sure it's worth going through all that for however many days they are there. They just don't have the right mentality or training for it. Fair play to genuine hikers who live for this kind of trip, but yeah, the McKnights are not them!

Reactions: 20
I totally agree. They seem the type that go on holiday and eat at the local McDonald’s and don’t try any local cuisine. I understand eating the same thing most times a day can be tough but surely after a day of hiking being able to fuel your body is paramount rather than what it tastes like.
Yep, it surely is tough but they could really phrase it politely.

Currently watching Mindy's stories and omg, can she please stfu?! STOP CALLING EVERYTHING BASIC YOU LIL BI***. Yes, it is "basic" to most of us but anything she (more or less understandably) complains about sounds mean, degrading, offensive, spoilt and just lacks any respect. Stop acting as if "western" whatever is better per se. Not everything that's different is worse! Spoiler alert: Squatting toilets have lots of advantages.

And jfc, stop scratching your scalp and face constantly! We already know your hair and skin care products suck!

Gah.

Reactions: 9
Clearly they were told what type of food to expect going on this hike? The people working at the tea houses are doing their best with whatever they have on hand. They are so disrespectful to other cultures.
---

The way Kamri was like "we are currently 'in a cloud'" and I was like, ok, so what? I've been on hills where clouds were low enough and I did not make a big deal of of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly, I’m not surprised at how they’re acting disgusted by the food and bathrooms. This isn’t the first time they’ve been disrespectful to other cultures. When Brooklyn went to Japan, she made grossed out faces at many of the foods she tried and complained about having to take off her shoes. When they were in the Azores, Mindy was surprised people spoke English. They live in their privileged bubble. I feel like they didn’t think this through and Everest is just a photo opp for them.

Reactions: 12
I'm pretty sure the Sherpas set the pace, they're not going to allow the crews to go any faster than is safe because they're going to get altitude sickness. Doing a 2.5 hour hike in 50 minutes? Absolute bullshit. I've done some hiking before (not for a long while, and nowhere near as mountainous as EBC) but you physically can't cut a hike, especially though hills, by that much.
We used to estimate 20-30 minutes per km, upper end when you're dealing with hills and carrying all of your stuff.

Reactions: 9
Remember when they went to the Azores and ate beef stew every day? 😂😂
---
Honestly, I’m not surprised at how they’re acting disgusted by the food and bathrooms. This isn’t the first time they’ve been disrespectful to other cultures. When Brooklyn went to Japan, she made grossed out faces at many of the foods she tried and complained about having to take off her shoes. When they were in the Azores, Mindy was surprised people spoke English. They live in their privileged bubble. I feel like they didn’t think this through and Everest is just a photo opp for them.
Its100% just for the gram

Reactions: 3
100% the type of people to do white saviour things in Africa and pretend they changed the world by painting the side of a school

They probably think Africa is one country too 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I keep refreshing instagram waiting to see if they’ll actually helicopter out of base camp🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I gotta say, if they actually trek back down it’s impressive! They were so ill prepared for this so if they actually do the entire thing I’m going to be very impressed

Reactions: 4
I keep refreshing instagram waiting to see if they’ll actually helicopter out of base camp🤪
They’ll use the excuse that they want to spend more time exploring the towns at the bottom or they’ll go to a big city somewhere

Reactions: 3