Brooklyn and Bailey #6 Brooklyn got a man now needs a baby too, Bailey who are you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eurgh her comment about antibiotics cancelling out birth control. Very few antibiotics cancel out birth control now - read the damn pamphlet instead of spreading false information.
This really grinds my gears (I've worked in pharmacy since I was 18, so going on 16 years omg). The most current research is that the only antibiotic that affects birth control to any measurable amount is rifampin or rifampicin-like antibiotics. Know what those are used for? In the US, tuberculosis and meningitis. Not sinus infections, not UTIs, not bronchitis. TB and meningitis. So a very preventable illness uncommon outside of immigrant populations in this country and an infection that they would've had to have been vaccinated for before living in a dorm at college. As of a few years ago, there were some who thought ampicillin could decrease efficacy but they haven't been able to substantiate that and ampicillin is rarely used anyway.

You should always, always, always ask your damn pharmacist and doctor about the most current peer-reviewed research and recommendations, and also if you don't want kids right now, use a back up method. This is common sense. If you're not preventing, you're trying.

k getting off my high horse now.

Reactions: 14
This really grinds my gears (I've worked in pharmacy since I was 18, so going on 16 years omg). The most current research is that the only antibiotic that affects birth control to any measurable amount is rifampin or rifampicin-like antibiotics. Know what those are used for? In the US, tuberculosis and meningitis. Not sinus infections, not UTIs, not bronchitis. TB and meningitis. So a very preventable illness uncommon outside of immigrant populations in this country and an infection that they would've had to have been vaccinated for before living in a dorm at college. As of a few years ago, there were some who thought ampicillin could decrease efficacy but they haven't been able to substantiate that and ampicillin is rarely used anyway.

You should always, always, always ask your damn pharmacist and doctor about the most current peer-reviewed research and recommendations, and also if you don't want kids right now, use a back up method. This is common sense. If you're not preventing, you're trying.

k getting off my high horse now.
why did bailey say about birth control?

Reactions: 1
Don’t get me wrong, the McKnights have a lot of really problematic behavior, so please don’t see this as me defending them, but I’ve seen a ton of posts on here claiming Bailey only uses the pullout method. While she did mention the pullout method in her initial discussion of birth control, she said that she uses both condoms and the pullout method. When used correctly, condoms are actually 98% effective. You don’t have to use a hormonal birth control to have safe sex as long as you know how to use a condom correctly.

Reactions: 5
Don’t get me wrong, the McKnights have a lot of really problematic behavior, so please don’t see this as me defending them, but I’ve seen a ton of posts on here claiming Bailey only uses the pullout method. While she did mention the pullout method in her initial discussion of birth control, she said that she uses both condoms and the pullout method. When used correctly, condoms are actually 98% effective. You don’t have to use a hormonal birth control to have safe sex as long as you know how to use a condom correctly.
I thought it depended on where she was at with her cycle tho? Like they use condoms when she’s ovulating and the pull out method when she’s not. Does she always use both (condom and pull out together doesn’t make a lot of sense lol)

Reactions: 2
I didn't say otherwise, if this is directed at my comment. I was saying that if you're at all unsure, you need to use a back up method of contraception if you're trying to prevent pregnancy, in regards to her comment about hormonal birth control. No one needs to be on OCP if they don't want, but in relation to Bailey's false comment about antibiotics affecting them, if someone is worried, use a condom. The likelihood of an antibiotic decreasing the efficacy of your BC is less than 0.02% unless you're being treated for latent TB, active TB, meningitis, or MAC and taking rifampamicin-like abx.

If she's using the pullout method without condoms.......I can't help with that level of stupid.

Reactions: 3
I didn't say otherwise, if this is directed at my comment. I was saying that if you're at all unsure, you need to use a back up method of contraception if you're trying to prevent pregnancy, in regards to her comment about hormonal birth control. No one needs to be on OCP if they don't want, but in relation to Bailey's false comment about antibiotics affecting them, if someone is worried, use a condom. The likelihood of an antibiotic decreasing the efficacy of your BC is less than 0.02% unless you're being treated for latent TB, active TB, meningitis, or MAC and taking rifampamicin-like abx.

If she's using the pullout method without condoms.......I can't help with that level of stupid.
She herself said she’s safer when she’s ovulating so I interpret that as not using condoms when she’s not 😬. I really don’t think the twins should be talking about that kind of stuff period. They’re not health care professionals.

Reactions: 4
She herself said she’s safer when she’s ovulating so I interpret that as not using condoms when she’s not 😬. I really don’t think the twins should be talking about that kind of stuff period. They’re not health care professionals.
I assumed she still meant using condoms tbh. They’re a good form of birth control when used responsibly and preferably with spermicides too. If she is seriously relying on the pullout method though…like damn. That’s basically just unprotected sex… 😂😂

Seems about average for houses here. The framing goes up quickly, it's the innards that take longer. I'm surprised that it looks like they don't have a basement. Very weird to me, but I'm from a totally different part of the country and my house was built in the 1800s and has a few hundred more years in her so I don't trust current building styles lol.
It’s pretty common for houses in the south not to have basements. I don’t know why, but as someone from a part of the country where everyone has a basement, it was a shocking fact to me!

Post about Brooklyn coming off the pill confirmed to me she did the deed before marriage

Post about Brooklyn coming off the pill confirmed to me she did the deed before marriage
How? I personally don't see the link. They have talked before about how Brooklyn went on the pill to regulate hormone levels that were out of whack (she mentionned this in their birth control video). I also went on the pill years before even thinking about sex to regulate acne.

Reactions: 6
How? I personally don't see the link. They have talked before about how Brooklyn went on the pill to regulate hormone levels that were out of whack (she mentionned this in their birth control video). I also went on the pill years before even thinking about sex to regulate acne.
Aaaah I’m not a long time viewer!

Reactions: 2
She also stopped because it made her incredibly depressed and anxious which is unlucky

Bailey should really stop addressing health related topics as she is dim AF and not a healthcare professional.
Some antibiotics can affect both control efficacy (rifampicin isn’t the only one by the way) but pharmaceutical interactions should be analyzed on a case by case basis by a pharmacist. Even if Bailey wanted to bring awareness tothis risk, she didn’t provide an appropriate solution for a viewer on birth control who has been prescribed an antibiotic. They could be tempted to stop taking the antibiotic or double their birth control dose. People are really creative when it comes to these things. Influencees in general should refrain from providing medical information. There is a reason why this field isn’t accessible to everyone

Reactions: 5
Some meds have low numbers of correlation with birth control failure, so rifampin isn't the only one that can cause BC to be less effective but it is the only one that is known to actually decrease plasma estrogen levels to a measurable degree.

Tbh, why did she even address this topic?? Is it just another #ihavesex moment to get her young Christian followers excited?
Meanwhile the rest of us are like 😐🙄😳👀 Because not only are 99% of people more experienced/not waiting until marriage, but also not expecting health info from influencers!!!! It’s cringe at this point, let’s be real.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.