Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jbxyz

I know this isn’t a thread about Becca but I must say even as her fan the video impressed me. I didn’t expect her to leave YouTube forever and now was a good a time as any to return. I don’t see anything suspicious. It’s lucky for her she was able to come back with something of interest to the world right now but I don’t see her utilising this cause for her own gain like others.

I have followed her for years and yes she is lovely, thoughtful but I never got the impression she took notice of the world around her rainbow bubble. I was wrong.

This video really gripped me. She’s not just reposted some social media rubbish but gone ahead and done some significant thinking about the situation and how she can help and accept how she’s not been the best ally she could. Truthfully I expected Becca to be another Brogan, sit back repost and relax. I was wrong. A lot of her comments were very humble as she accepted that she will say things wrong but she would rather do that and be corrected than say nothing.

This is the difference between Becca and Brogan. The humility to accept criticism and want to learn and grow from the experience in order to help OTHERS rather than pretend it isn’t happening and protect YOURSELF.

A very important relation to the influencers industry - her story about the black blogger and the haircare products, the lack of diversity at PR events. Got to say I didn’t notice this and I’m also ashamed. Going forwards I hope brands will start to change their ethos for good and not hop on the bandwagon whilst their IG page is whiter than milk.

Good for Becca. It’s not easy to come back at the time she did and I’m sure she knows there will be some people frothing at the mouth to say her timing was “convenient”. Yet at a time like this white peoples have to be willing to put aside their fear of criticism in order to speak up for black lives which are threatened, no matter the situation. But one watch of her video and I think they will be impressed at how genuine she is about accepting faults and he Serious attitude she it taking towards current issues. Something that hit me which I must learn - it is not the job of black people to educate us. It is not their job to make the content for white people to repost and pretend they’ve done their bit. It is OUR job to go beyond scrolling through social media and to challenge our thought processes by properly educating ourselves on prejudice in society, not just individual cases that hit the major news.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Gemini224

Don’t know what’s worse, not bothering to upload a video or ignoring subscribers legitimate questions
But..but... we’re in the middle of a pandemic and she’s doing the best she can remember!! 🤣

• Haha

bsw123

VIP Member
She’s obsessed with the 100k because YouTube award you with 100k keepsake trophy type. She will see it as a status thing.

Lucy wood and jade billington both have reached the goal and been on the vlogging scene less time than Brogan

Brogan hasn’t been awarded anything since 2016.

She gets the award for being an arsehole on tattle though.
YouTube have stopped automatically giving the plaques to anyone who reaches 100K they are more selective about it now. So just because you reach 100K doesn’t even mean you get the plaque anymore 😂😂

““Creator Awards are given at YouTube's sole discretion and we only recognize creators that have played by the rules. Each channel is reviewed before an award is issued to keep the playing field fair. That means rewarding creators that keep their accounts in good standing without copyright strikes, community guideline violations, or artificially increased subscriber counts, among other criteria.”

Last edited:
  • Haha

Laur91

VIP Member
I can’t really see how she can pick herself from everything that’s gone on lately. Her channel has been stale for months now and if she can’t make an effort now whilst she’s at home more and able to film and plan content etc then when can she?

I think she’s one of the few YouTubers who have really missed a trick by not opening up more to their followers and subs. You don’t have to share every detail but by censoring so much she’s made herself entirely up relatable to the point where she’s just showing content of her sitting in bed playing AC, on the sofa playing AC, playing games with Benji that she doesn’t even show etc.

Where does she talk about the reason why she’s doing more Pinch of Nom recipes? Her progress? What she eats in a day? Her mental health journey, what’s helping her right now? Why doesn’t she do the assumptions vid EVERYONE else has done?

She’s so afraid of getting some negative feedback or comments that she just avoids everything entirely. It’s like she has no identity at all.

hellogoodbyex

VIP Member
Likes and dislikes been turned off. 🙄
youtube should deactivate this and force you to allow likes/dislikes to see an accurate representation of the video. She could say to brands my video has 10k views but if that video has 50/50 likes and dislikes it shows what that audience think

Reactions: 23

itsgonnarain1

VIP Member
She’s hired a consultant to help give her YouTube ideas? I’m sorry but if you need someone to basically tell you what to do and how to do you’re job you’re in the wrong job

Lola123

VIP Member
Does anyone think maybe the upload was so early and shoet because the ~big annoucement~ is coming in a video at her regular scheduling?....
Nah, she’s done it so she doesn’t have to stay up all night patrolling the comments to delete all the negative ones

• Haha

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Today I took the plunge and filmed my first video, starting my channel about losing weight, and starting life again at 27 after a divorce.
Wish me luck that people won't be mean 😂😂
Well if you're a regular reader here you know exactly what NOT to do to grow a successful channel 🤣 Best of luck with it.

• Haha

Lola123

VIP Member
Why are they actively looking for a dog if they’re going to Florida in October? Seems really silly to me

Pennycray

They are following each other on Instagram, sometimes it’s a glitch on instagram.

I noticed aswell that Alice and Beth have become more friendly in past few months which must bother brogan now that her and Beth have fallen out

brogan really only sees Alice at the Southampton bloggers events or if brogan goes to see her. I was surprised brogan named Alice as one of “ her girls” who helped out becca as she apparently doesn’t like drama.
ah ok must be that then, I could see Alice was following her but not the other way around it must be a glitch!

Thoughts on the vlog - it could be prescribed to help insomnia, good grief!
The bins took centre stage, first we heard how it was outside and she needed to wait to empty the hoover and then we had a montage of her cleaning said bins - thrilling.

The puzzles look like something my Nan would have on her wall and she said “ haven’t decided if we are going to put them on the walls yet “ - framing puzzles to sit in a cupboard, I have heard it all.

I hope her YouTube consultant tells her to stop blocking everyone and censoring the channel. The irony is she would have reached 100K a long time ago had she conducted herself a bit Better. No comment I have ever seen has been rude for the sake of it, more like constructive feedback

• Haha

Mable912

VIP Member
Beth's recent tweets are about Brogan 100%, hits the nail on the head perfectly!
This is 100% about brogan!

I have to say though, I’m quite surprised by how much Beth is talking about Brogan/aiming stuff at her. Her “assumptions” video seems to be nearly entirely based on Brogan. There have been other cryptic stories and tweets that seem to be about Brogan, too. It seems a little odd how much she’s still going on, not that I’m complaining. I wonder if it’s all fuelled by Beth reading here?

• Haha

Jess89

VIP Member
If you said to me this was a 50 year old at a glance I would believe you. A reminder to wear sunscreen kids
20200601_111954.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Another theory for the lack of videos is it could be tied in to her weight loss. She’ll post in a month time with a video showing her weight loss and raving about WW? Just a thought!

• Heart

Gigglywink

I hope Ben is going to try knock some sense Into her, at the end of the day they have actually paid for this trip themselves. So you would think they wouldn’t want to waste £££ on a restricted /limited experience.

ATD have told us they can extend our tickets up to 1yr But we are seriously thinking 2022 now.

it just shows how shit she is as an influencer that she’s clinging to a holiday for content.
To be honest, I think Benji is just as bad as her. She wears the trousers in that relationship and he just goes along with everything she says/does: he will NEVER stand up to her and encourages her stupid behaviours.
He’s a complete fool and I’ve zero sympathy for him at all.

• Heart
  • Angry

Bluebell721

Chatty Member
So I thought the piano was something to do offline, for her, and yet it took all of 5 mins for it to be plastered everywhere? Yup ok.....
I think the reason Ben makes all of her meals, not only because she’s lazy, but she is like a child that can’t be trusted with food. He has to make the meals because then he can monitor what she eats, really sad but true it seems. I’m still on the fence with this guy, he’s a nice guy, but he lets her talk to him like shit and he takes photos of her babying her teddy bear. I dunno guys!

Disneyprincess

Guys I am not trying to offend anyone here, but some things are a bit insensitive to those who do have trips and have also spent months planning things that will now be cancelled, I know some may think it’s karma for brogie etc. But from someone who is also upset after having spent a year planning stuff for a Disney trip it is a bit upsetting to read people taking the piss out of it.

• Heart
  • Angry