Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the fact that BB agonizes over every little thing goes to show how truly staged her whole life and persona online is. anyone who is truly unique, original, and creative, doesn't fret over whether something they do fits in with their ~aesthetic~ they just do it because it's part of who they are.

BB making such a song and dance about wearing a red jumper highlights how she's always thinking about how best to present herself, and whether something she says or does fits in with this curated lifestyle she portrays online.

it's so bleeping fake and boring.

Reactions: 16
There were a couple of moments from this vlog that further illustrates to me how pedantic and anxious BB is..

1. Wanting to take that shirt to the tailor to take the sleeves up by seemingly 1mm
2. The excruciating decision of which pair of almost identical black shoes to wear
3. 30 day gym challenge the moment lockdown lifts
4. The red jumper

Gosh I really feel for BB. I feel like she controls every element of her life to compensate for so much out of her control. It is hard to watch and also makes me anxious. It also isn't relatable. I wish I could follow up by $200 purchase with a trip to the tailor which would cost $50+. It is too much.

Reactions: 10
I wish I could follow up by $200 purchase with a trip to the tailor which would cost $50+. It is too much.
it's even worse when BB continues to support and work with brands like h&m under the guise of sustaianbility when BB is wealthy enough not to shop there and doesn't need the money from the brand work.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well, all that aside, there is something about her that screams fake. Something unpleasant. I wouldn’t be surprised if she turned out to be a bully indeed.

And her sartorial choices aren’t for me. I’m not willing to spend that much money on something shapeless and overpriced.

Reactions: 3
Gail Platt on Corrie currently sporting a Brittany look.

I have said before Brittany reminds me of her 🙈

• Haha
God it's so tiresome watching her perfectionism. Like the internal debate with the red jumper was exhausting

Reactions: 6
^ soo glad that you guys have the same thoughts as I do!

Another thing: Why did she saw her sister only 5 times in the past year?!?! But she met her EX (!!!) loads. I don’t understand.

Ahh, in today’s vlog you can tell how highly she thinks about herself and her filming, from the way she talks about creating these vlogs, development in her editing vs “resting on her laurels”. While her editing is mostly solid, she really is convinced she’s a very unique creative. 🙄
Yes, I agree. And then she goes on to fill the rest of the vlog with what she wore each day in her normal, I forget what this is, kind of slipshod way. Very creative (sarcasm).

Also, it's clear to me that it dawned on her after last week's vomit of thoughts about quitting b/c it will be different after the pandemic, even though she whinged all the way through about the pandemic restricting the content, she had a lightbulb moment of, oh my God but what else am I going to do that gets me so much stuff for so little effort? So proceeded tout de suite to backpedal into I need to stretch myself artistically to counter her opinion of herself (and others regarding her post Dean content) that's she doesn't do anything groundbreaking, in fact, she doesn't do much at all.

As far as her relationship with Dean, who knows? I've needed to live alone before. Some people continue to live alone and within partnerships. Some people prefer low grade misery with someone over being alone (not a judgement, it can be a a choice). Some people like a lot of friends, others are fine with 2 or 3 real ones. Etc. etc. Normal does not exist. What one thinks is weird is another's ideal.

That said, when you have a vlog honesty and sincerity is appealing. You can be a controlling, closed person on Instagram but it's not going to make video content compelling. If she opened up more about her surrounding life, and not necessarily her relationship, it could go along way. She's so jammed up that I feel being on youtube is not right for her.

Loneliness is exceedingly common among women her age. It's not necessarily a character flaw and I don't think there is any shame in it. It would be nice to hear about that and that would endear her to those who feel the same. Anxiety is crippling, but it's become an easy to say you are anxious to avoid discussing real feelings because people feel internal shame about what they are really anxious about and the more one is anxious the worse things that enable it (not going out, not developing friendships) become (in addition to brain chemistry). A self perpetuating loop of increasing severity unfortunately.

The pandemic is isolating even for introverts. After college, friends move away, it is harder to connect with people b/c more effort has to be made and the skills to do this are lacking in those who have led a rather sheltered existence and it can be a hard transition in non-pandemic times. I suspect Dean provides her some relief from this loneliness but it makes it harder for her to branch out and help develop a community. But I don't know and I don't think she does either, or even contemplates it to that level.

the fact that BB agonizes over every little thing goes to show how truly staged her whole life and persona online is. anyone who is truly unique, original, and creative, doesn't fret over whether something they do fits in with their ~aesthetic~ they just do it because it's part of who they are.
So well put. Exactly. Agonizing on how something will be received and true creativity are opposite poles.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
LOL - the height, the expressions, the body mannerisms. So mean but so funny.

"Should have worn my primary red bomber jacket" - Brittany in 20 years, trying to keep up with the other influencers and feeling anxious:
All that perfectionism just to be told you look like Gail Platt !

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Gail platt thing is the weak chin/jaw sorry I truely don’t mean that horribly my daughter has inherited a similar face shape to Brittany from my husband and I think they’re still both pretty just my daughter is chubbier and she has a more pronounced double chin than she would if her actual chin/jaw was more pronounced. Emma Hill has a similar face shape too and had a complex about it for quite a while again a shame as she’s attractive as well

Reactions: 1
I don't know who Gail Platt is, but I definitely see the resemblance! Prominent nose, a little jowl-y, bit of an overbite. Speaking of her face....

Yikes. I mean, it takes guts for anyone to post a closeup of their face, and there's nothing inherently wrong with her face, but... this makes me cringe. Also, this is surely an ad, right? She didn't mark it anywhere, but it'd be a weird thing to post if it wasn't.

ETA: I am sick and tired of expensive-ass beauty products that do nothing. The biggest beauty marketing ploy ever has got to be the "wash of color". I blame Glossier and their claims of "Fuss-free! Subtle! Women are children and desire the sophistication of a Magic Marker!" Well, if I wanted that, I would buy tinted chapstick at the drugstore for $3, not a $30 lipstick that has zero color payoff.

I don't know who Gail Platt is, but I definitely see the resemblance! Prominent nose, a little jowl-y, bit of an overbite. Speaking of her face....

Yikes. I mean, it takes guts for anyone to post a closeup of their face, and there's nothing inherently wrong with her face, but... this makes me cringe. Also, this is surely an ad, right? She didn't mark it anywhere, but it'd be a weird thing to post if it wasn't.

ETA: I am sick and tired of expensive-ass beauty products that do nothing. The biggest beauty marketing ploy ever has got to be the "wash of color". I blame Glossier and their claims of "Fuss-free! Subtle! Women are children and desire the sophistication of a Magic Marker!" Well, if I wanted that, I would buy tinted chapstick at the drugstore for $3, not a $30 lipstick that has zero color payoff.
Is it 60 quid for that Hermes Lip Balm?

Ffs

Is it 60 quid for that Hermes Lip Balm?

Ffs
Omg. No. If you are rich enough where buying Hermes is a drop in the bucket, go for it. But I doubt most of BB's followers are at that point, so it makes my stomach turn to think people will now want to spend that kind of cash on a LIP BALM (by the way, she stole the product description word for word from the Hermes product page. Didn't even add her own spin or opinion on it). I have never hit pan on a lip balm or chapstick in my life; maybe other people do, but I probably only get about 25-50% of my money's worth with those things, so I have to stop myself from buying them. The ~special~ oils and extracts are at the bottom of the ingredients list, too, so likely in quantities too minuscule to matter. You're paying $67 USD for silicone, wax, and packaging. Sadly, I expect this kind of chicanery from luxury brands, but BB is either so stupid she fell for it or too greedy to care that she's complicit in it.

By the way, Someone wrote this review of it on Nordstrom.com:
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 1.01.28 PM.png

Reactions: 8
Omg. No. If you are rich enough where buying Hermes is a drop in the bucket, go for it. But I doubt most of BB's followers are at that point, so it makes my stomach turn to think people will now want to spend that kind of cash on a LIP BALM (by the way, she stole the product description word for word from the Hermes product page. Didn't even add her own spin or opinion on it). I have never hit pan on a lip balm or chapstick in my life; maybe other people do, but I probably only get about 25-50% of my money's worth with those things, so I have to stop myself from buying them. The ~special~ oils and extracts are at the bottom of the ingredients list, so likely in quantities too minuscule to matter; you're paying $67 USD silicone, wax, and packaging.

View attachment 553963
Tbf she could have been asked to copy it word for word

Omg. No. If you are rich enough where buying Hermes is a drop in the bucket, go for it. But I doubt most of BB's followers are at that point, so it makes my stomach turn to think people will now want to spend that kind of cash on a LIP BALM (by the way, she stole the product description word for word from the Hermes product page. Didn't even add her own spin or opinion on it). I have never hit pan on a lip balm or chapstick in my life; maybe other people do, but I probably only get about 25-50% of my money's worth with those things, so I have to stop myself from buying them. The ~special~ oils and extracts are at the bottom of the ingredients list, so likely in quantities too minuscule to matter; you're paying $67 USD silicone, wax, and packaging.

View attachment 553963
I'm the same I buy them then I hardly ever use them. That's absolutely ridiculous for a lip balm

Tbf she could have been asked to copy it word for word
Yes, most brands probably want you to say something specific about their product, but I'd think if you're a savvy enough influencer, you'd try to add some BS about why you "love" it.

Edit: Don't forget, she didn't label it as an AD. So she's either plagiarizing or lying.

Does anybody else on here follow Sam Reid (@samstonestyling)? Her style is kinda similar to Brittany’s bar ridiculously huge dresses and ridiculously expensive shoes. I like her for some outfit inspo.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.