Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1) I don’t know if I’m biased and overly sceptical but the newest vlog gives me the feeling that she didn’t wear all of these looks during the week but filmed multiple of them in one day.
I didn't have your eye for detail but I kind of think that too. I can see why some people would put effort in what they wear to go grocery shopping these days just because they don't have the chance to wear nice clothes anywhere, specially people with a lot of time in their hands like Brittany. However, I feel like she might have started this "lookbook session" of her vlog genuinely buts now put together more outfits than the ones she actually wears. During lockdown, I don't think she leaves the house everyday and if she does if must be for walking/running for which those outfits are unpractical.

Regarding her concerns about her content after lockdown ends, I think she just used that as an excuse not to vlog this week for whatever reason. I mean, most of the restrictions will only be lifted next week and her reasoning doesn't even make sense. Surely, no one expects her to show her friends when she meets them or film whatever might make her uncomfortable. She vlogged her holiday in Australia which was pretty eventful. I personally find her vlogs quite relaxing and nice to watch, but that stems from how she edits them and I can't see how doing more things (which she might as well not film) would ruin it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Maybe she is concerned about vlogging after lockdown because nothing would really change? I think almost everyone has plans what to do after the restrictions (meeting friends, going to restaurants cafes, whatever) but maybe she doesn’t have those plans. She split with dean and maybe has not so many friends, fbecause her friend group is connected to her ex?
So when everyone is going out and doing nice things after lockdown it will be more obvious that she does nothing all day but read, run and take photos...

Reactions: 7
I don’t understand the posters either. It’s different if you like a specific painting and can’t find it in print and settle on a gallery poster, or you went to that specific exhibition but random posters? Bar Hockney it didn’t seem like she was familiar with the other two artists either.

I think what Brittany means by commissioning is to ask an emerging or unestablished artist for an original piece. I have a few friends who sell art this way, it can a specific size or colour palette so in a way it is a commission.
Yes, I suspect she only knows Hockney b/c of Dean. But then, who British, does not know about David Hockney? I mean, I doubt she knows much of depth or even really likes his work that much, it's not really her aesthetic (it's a lot more interesting). Dean looks like Hockney too, down to the glasses and posture. I thought that immediately upon seeing him - is this guy trying to look like Hockney or what? Ha! Not that it's a bad look.

Yes, I think she does mean that about "commissioning". I think I find the word pretentious. Why can't she just say, like normal people, I might ask a local artist to paint me something? It's my same cringe with "curation" being used to select and place stuff on a mantle piece. LOL. Commissioning isn't something I see her being happy with anyway. She's a touch o' control freak. Unless it's a portrait - like Dean's work, which doesn't really vary much, you know what you're going to get - your face, or something resembling you slightly, in that style. In my experience work is always better when an artist is given a brief but that's it, the customer then allows them control of the output. This is not for the weak hearted and carries risk. You may well hate it. She's not really the type to be okay with this process in my mind? I can see her being a head about it.

If you really care as much as she does how something is going to turn out and lack abilities to visualize a head of time (and she does, she is very much a person who has to try it out and then step back and ponder endlessly - think Christmas tree), it would probably be less stressful to go to studios of local artists and shows and get a feel for artists you like and select from finished work or buy vintage. Unless the artist just produces the same type of thing over and over again I suppose that's possible too, but I call that manufacture, not art and you certainly aren't really commissioning something. Working to a certain palette is not what most true artists want to be restricted by either. Young or emerging artists tend to be in the middle of developing their style.

I find her wringing her hands over whether she should continue vlogging disingenuous. She did not start blogging to give people a source of comfort during the pandemic. It just turned out that way. She started vlogging because she thought she could make a living at it, improve her reach, become a successful influencer. And all the way along, she (and other influencers) have been apologizing for not having much to say and blaming the pandemic. Like, I would be more interesting, but, the pandemic.

And now, for her, it's like, my vlog will be different because there is no pandemic and I can't serve my public in the same way. Complain about the pandemic but now complain that your vlog will change. Pull the other one!

It's very obvious to me, that now that the fact that the world might be opening up will require (or it will feel like it will require, particularly from agents) vloggers to make more effort in pursuing creative and unique content. That scares the tit out of her. Much easier to stay home, order stuff online and do the same thing over and over (including, the aforementioned staple of complaining about lockdown). She is a creature of habit.

And she sort of touches on that, or alludes to her anxiety and the pressure of FOMO and socializing. But I don't think that's at the heart of what's worrying her. This again points back to how, though she can be interesting, she isn't terribly well suited to this. Her controlling nature is the enemy of relatable yet interesting content. She has carved out a fairly distinct style within the minfluencers. But vlogging is more than that, it's more than static pictures. She's not very comfortable in her own skin and trying to present a perfect self comes off as stiff and not terribly likable.

I think she thinks that she is being noble when being "honest" about her anxiety. While I agree she is definitely anxious, she seems either unaware or unwilling to share the sense of dread and nerves and overthinking that are contributing to the procrastination and having a snowball effect of winding her tighter and tighter. If she cannot learn to show people a more human side, a more outward looking side and allow more mess to seem in around the edges, I think it probably would be wise for her to stop. But that's not because it will have changed, it's because she won't have. I don't know if this makes sense at all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s mowing the lawn at the old place today, on Dean’s stories
it's really pathetic to watch this unfold, to be honest. this whole situation doesn't really fit into her very curated lifestyle she depicts on social media. the fact that she has no friends and a failed relationship that she's clinging onto desperately really says a lot about her as a person.

Reactions: 10
What are the views on their relationship status? Do you think they are back together? Or that they've been back together for a long time now but decided not to move back together?

I personally found lockdown the worst time to separate on their terms. I mean, if you acknowledge that you still like your partner but decides to try a separation to "find yourself" (which I honestly have nothing against), to do that in a time where you are not allowed to go out, travel, explore different places and meet new people is really strange. I don't really care about the costs of moving out because that's pocket money for her (based on how much she spends in decorating etc.) but they were each other's bubble and kept seeing each other regularly... what would you gain from separating?

To me, it sounds a bit like playing it safe to become a self fulfilling prophecy - oh well, we tried, but we can't really be apart. Well, maybe because it happened during unprecedented times where no one is really allowed to meet anyone new?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don't know, if anxiety is a real problem during this time (it is for me) being alone and in a relationship... both are hard. Maybe she did this to improve? Maybe she thought it would help? Maybe this was planned with the guidance of a counsellor? There's no harm in trying if the intentions are right and everyone remains kind to one another.

Completely agree. I have pretty bad anxiety anyway but during the pandemic it was an absolute tit show, I was bleeping insufferable and it was definitely taking a toll on my relationship. I'm lucky that I don't live with my boyfriend because if we had been around each other 24/7 without anywhere to go or anything to do except for work, uni and working out, I'm sure we wouldn't have survived it. Honestly, props to Brittany for getting help and trying a change of scenery, it's insane how much that can help....

why not move in with a friend or family member? instead of renting a new place and furnishing the whole space with brand new designer pieces!!! that would have made more sense than doing what she's chosen to do. It would have given her the time to think things over and space to figure out what she wanted form the relationship without having compltely uproot and make a new home?

i guess it goes to show just how priviledged she really is to be able to do that! most of us would have had to either stay in our homes with our ex or move in with friends/family.

I get what you mean and I think she always knew it'd be more permanent than she lead us to believe, but sometimes you just have to be alone. Without having to take care of someone else's feelings and expectations....

Reactions: 2
why not move in with a friend or family member?
Idk, I think it made sense to move in by herself. It can be quite tricky to move in with other people, adjust to their behaviour and be around them 24/7 during lockdown on top of dealing with emotional stuff. I'm not my ex's BFF but I've done something similar last year after a break up (minus the designer pieces haha) - he stayed in the house we owned and I rented a one bed flat. I mean, I'm by no means loaded and if I could afford it in London she clearly can afford it living in Norwich with a big influencer wage.

I wonder if she'll let the internet know if and when they're back together.

Reactions: 8
Idk, I think it made sense to move in by herself. It can be quite tricky to move in with other people, adjust to their behaviour and be around them 24/7 during lockdown on top of dealing with emotional stuff. I'm not my ex's BFF but I've done something similar last year after a break up (minus the designer pieces haha) - he stayed in the house we owned and I rented a one bed flat. I mean, I'm by no means loaded and if I could afford it in London she clearly can afford it living in Norwich with a big influencer wage.

I wonder if she'll let the internet know if and when they're back together.
But they haven't actually broken up have they? they still see each other all. the. time. Which is why I think it's bizarre to move out, rent a new place, redecorate it and buy a ton of expensive designer furniture for it. if they really were "testing out a separation" then why go to all that trouble? especially when they're seeing each other every other day or so it seems! if they really are broken up, it's not healthy to see ach other all the time either.

Make it make sense!

Reactions: 4
Maybe the point is they're seeing if they have turned into friends/family rather than testing out if they want to stay in a romantic relationship.

it's really pathetic to watch this unfold, to be honest. this whole situation doesn't really fit into her very curated lifestyle she depicts on social media. the fact that she has no friends and a failed relationship that she's clinging onto desperately really says a lot about her as a person.
I said this six months ago. It’s a lonely existence, a friendless one. A part of me feels sorry for her but it’a because of her own actions. Nothing about her is real or genuine and all the money and shapeless clothing won’t change that.

Soo you're saying all I had to do in order to get rougly 5,5k people kissing my ass is to get rid of my Docs and wear my old Kindergarten slippers? I'm a Birkenstock away from being an influencer y'all! MOM, GET ME MY SLIPPERS
20210425_131158.jpg

(BB's pic from 2h ago vs mine from feb)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Soo you're saying all I had to do in order to get (at this point in time) rougly 6k people kissing my ass is to get rid of my Docs and wear my old Kindergarten slippers? I'm a Birkenstock away from being an influencer y'all! View attachment 545200
(BB's pic from 2h ago vs mine from feb)
Her picture- it looks like someone set off the fire alarm, and she had to rush out with her dad’a robe and the only pair of slipper she found in the hallway

Her picture- it looks like someone set off the fire alarm, and she had to rush out with her dad’a robe and the only pair of slipper she found in the hallway
HAHAHA true, plus with that trashbag handbag it looks like she's on her way to the bins 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ahh, in today’s vlog you can tell how highly she thinks about herself and her filming, from the way she talks about creating these vlogs, development in her editing vs “resting on her laurels”. While her editing is mostly solid, she really is convinced she’s a very unique creative. 🙄

Reactions: 11
Ahh, in today’s vlog you can tell how highly she thinks about herself and her filming, from the way she talks about creating these vlogs, development in her editing vs “resting on her laurels”. While her editing is mostly solid, she really is convinced she’s a very unique creative. 🙄
Totally agree! Like come on... it‘s well done but absolutely nothing special really. Doesn’t help that people praise her for that 🙄

I must say I used to like watching BB but now she just irritates me. Everything is so overly staged, posed, curated ... it just doesn’t feel natural anymore. And her constant overthinking.. talking endlessly about what color that red jumper is and if she should shorten those leaves (which I think is so pedantic like lol it’s because of 1mm?!) and which shoes she should wear. She‘s so indecisive it’s annoyingly, sorry.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.