Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OKAY! Yes. This. Plus, I think I mentioned this earlier, she started posting pics from the new place on IG while she was still vlogging from the house and buying furniture with Dean. What is the truth? I genuinely started following her content and enjoying it but lately she’s been getting on my nerves.
which I find strange because she was talking about the flat like she INSTANTLY needed a place 2 seconds after the break up and it felt like the new place was temporary because she didn’t have time to look properly

Reactions: 2
which I find strange because she was talking about the flat like she INSTANTLY needed a place 2 seconds after the break up and it felt like the new place was temporary because she didn’t have time to look properly
It’s all very odd. They worked hard on getting the house just to their taste and she seems to have moved on without a backward glance. I think she’s more in love with the flat than she ever was with Dean 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I buy into these theories. I thought something was sus because of how BB announced it and how she quickly moved into a new place.

The theory that they had bought the place together before and now she's living in it instead of renting it out makes sense.

Why else would she be buying furniture back in September?

Reactions: 5
No one would buy a £3k sofa to put in a rental, that would be total madness. She had to have ordered it knowing it was for her to use.

Reactions: 8
No one would buy a £3k sofa to put in a rental, that would be total madness. She had to have ordered it knowing it was for her to use.
This is a very good point. Puts a spanner in my theory for sure! Didn’t think of that at all.

I’m honestly just so confused about this situation. Not that she owes us anything, but it’s all just a bit bizarre 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
is anyone else on team dean? i mean, there is no basis for it and obviously we don't hear Dean's side of things so all entirely speculation and based on vibe, but i can't help thinking, especially from this latest vlog, BB wants to have her cake and eat it too? Dean is around to help with the tree, unpack the ridiculous sofa, probably take photos, all the things BB realises she can't do by herself. I'm definitely in the camp of, if you break up, you break up. I don't quite understand the staying friends thing (i've never done it), maybe like 'keep in touch' but not to the extent of what's going on here. it seems so messy and complicated. how can you move on if they're still around and you're still relying on them?

Reactions: 7
OKAY! Yes. This. Plus, I think I mentioned this earlier, she started posting pics from the new place on IG while she was still vlogging from the house and buying furniture with Dean. What is the truth? I genuinely started following her content and enjoying it but lately she’s been getting on my nerves.
Mine too. I feel that with Dean there was some partnership and friendship that was mellowing her worst impulses and she's become vapid and full of herself. There were bike rides and horses, and talking about the swans on the river. Now it's all what I've bought/read. I hope this period is short lived. Her taste is trendy and tasteful but uninteresting. The historical details of the walls/ceiling height are doing most of the work. Half the time in the old house she was in front of a beige duvet and beige wall and that was just fine, in fact, it was more interesting b/c it showed some sense of life, even if just the wrinkles of the sheets. Having the ability to acquire endless amounts of stuff, doesn't show skill, it shows over inflated self regard during a difficult time. Other influencers do this as well, I realize, and perhaps much more so. I think it's her "holier than thou" attitude that makes it so annoyingly incongruous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
BB is reality out here trying to tell us she's on a "trial separation" from her long time partner and she's dropping £3k on a couch. She's deluded.
Not to mention it’s literally the most basic sofa I’ve ever seen, for that price i want a purple velvet HUGE Chesterfield (each to their own 😂) it’s not even that influencers are getting sent free food... it’s the over zealous posting and gushing about it during this awful time for many.

Mine too. I feel that with Dean there was some partnership and friendship that was mellowing her worst impulses and she's become vapid and full of herself. There were bike rides and horses, and talking about the swans on the river. Now it's all what I've bought/read. I hope this period is short lived. Her taste is trendy and tasteful but uninteresting. The historical details of the walls/ceiling height are doing most of the work. Half the time in the old house she was in front of a beige duvet and beige wall and that was just fine, in fact, it was more interesting b/c it showed some sense of life, even if just the wrinkles of the sheets. Having the ability to acquire endless amounts of stuff, doesn't show skill, it shows over inflated self regard during a difficult time. Other influencers do this as well, I realize, and perhaps much more so. I think it's her "holier than thou" attitude that makes it so annoyingly incongruous.
I was trying to work out why she has started irritating me and you’ve pretty much summed it up. Earlier in this thread some posters had said how she was known for not being that nice when she was at college and I can see flashes of that now she isn’t with Dean. She seemed more humble and thoughtful before the move.

A few thoughts from a recent lurker but a long time fan of BB's for aesthetic, then realness in influencing over the summer/fall and now just for escapism. I followed Niomi Smart for years and after her crash and burn this year I found BB to be a great counterbalance. My thoughts:

- they seem to have a really healthy relationship and my take from her wording (something about relationships are not a straight line) was that they need a separation but are keeping the door open. That's a longtime and a big commitment, so whether it's temporary or permanent, they should try it. God knows... they can afford it, seemingly.
- style: loved it for quite a while, now I think she's reaching for an unrealistic price point but worse, I feel like she's chasing trends rather than shaping them (as someone alluded to in a past post)
- life is too short to not enjoy it: if she's anxious, needing independence (like she basically said in the video) or if someone wants to you know, get out there (I wonder if Dean has started following any interesting accounts) you know, to each their own
- I do think as someone said, she can go deeper in talking about art and interior design, rather than unboxing. Cheapens it, feels surface level. I appreciated her approaches to skincare and makeup and the way she speaks about books she's reading, she could dive deeper
- she is as someone said, a very good editor and I believe she does that editing herself but who knows

I think it must suck to turn this into your career at a young age and get stuck in it. Seems like a lot of fun and a lot of money, but you give away a bit of your soul, I bet.

I buy into these theories. I thought something was sus because of how BB announced it and how she quickly moved into a new place.

The theory that they had bought the place together before and now she's living in it instead of renting it out makes sense.

Why else would she be buying furniture back in September?
probably wanted it for the home and whether she planned to leave then or not, they both need a sofa, right? what an inane theory

A few thoughts from a recent lurker but a long time fan of BB's for aesthetic, then realness in influencing over the summer/fall and now just for escapism. I followed Niomi Smart for years and after her crash and burn this year I found BB to be a great counterbalance. My thoughts:

- they seem to have a really healthy relationship and my take from her wording (something about relationships are not a straight line) was that they need a separation but are keeping the door open. That's a longtime and a big commitment, so whether it's temporary or permanent, they should try it. God knows... they can afford it, seemingly.
- style: loved it for quite a while, now I think she's reaching for an unrealistic price point but worse, I feel like she's chasing trends rather than shaping them (as someone alluded to in a past post)
- life is too short to not enjoy it: if she's anxious, needing independence (like she basically said in the video) or if someone wants to you know, get out there (I wonder if Dean has started following any interesting accounts) you know, to each their own
- I do think as someone said, she can go deeper in talking about art and interior design, rather than unboxing. Cheapens it, feels surface level. I appreciated her approaches to skincare and makeup and the way she speaks about books she's reading, she could dive deeper
- she is as someone said, a very good editor and I believe she does that editing herself but who knows

I think it must suck to turn this into your career at a young age and get stuck in it. Seems like a lot of fun and a lot of money, but you give away a bit of your soul, I bet.

probably wanted it for the home and whether she planned to leave then or not, they both need a sofa, right? what an inane theory
You know there's a rave thread for discussing BB?

It's sketchy to say "we're on a trial separation" when it's not that at all and BB is spending £3k on a sofa. You don't just spend that much money on a sofa for a rental property. Either don't say anything at all except "we're split up" or be honest. BB is lying about inane stuff, why?

• Haha
It’s a problem for all influencers - how much of their lives to share & the implications of doing so for the people in their lives who aren’t choosing to be so visible. For all we know Dean could’ve given her the elbow & some of her dissembling could be to save face. I do buy that after so many years it is possible/preferable to part amicably - not all relationships implode, some just fizzle. But the friendship can remain. I can’t imagine how exposing & embarrassing it would be to have to go through a break up in the public eye & to have to keep documenting my life because agents/brands/followers expect it. Niomi Smart & Amelia Liana & Estee Lalonde have all been through it & despite their protestations to the contrary it must make them wonder if all the exposure comes at too high a price.

Reactions: 3
I really like Dean, I’ve been following him on IG for maybe a year or so now after finding him through BB and I think his painting is wonderful! Granted idk anything about him but I just am so jealous of people who can paint/draw AND do DIY like bloody hell BB you hit the jackpot there. I always felt they complemented each other well...

Reactions: 1
I really like Dean, I’ve been following him on IG for maybe a year or so now after finding him through BB and I think his painting is wonderful! Granted idk anything about him but I just am so jealous of people who can paint/draw AND do DIY like bloody hell BB you hit the jackpot there. I always felt they complemented each other well...
What is her art background that people keep referring to? What level, what did she study? I’m curious to know more about that.

Reactions: 2
Honestly, it seems clear to me that they are codependent after all these years and yet so set in their ways that even a breakup becomes codependent and intertwined but they’ll insist that’s just ~who they are~ and it’s totally healthy. So it won’t even be called a breakup, it’s a trial separation (lol), and they still get to hang out, watch each other’s lives on social media, and help each other with things that the other person would’ve helped with if they’d been together, because they can’t even be bothered leaving their comfort zone enough to not call the other up as their go-to for things.

It‘s yet another one of these over-long early 20s relationship where they pretty much grew up together and can’t imagine not only how their lives are meant to function without each other, but what their identities are without the other.

The fact is that even if they do get back together, if one of them felt this need to separate and explore that, why not just really try it for a decent amount of time... actually separate from that person and the relationship. Then you know you actually tried it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's going to be impossible for them to have (good) relationships with someone else if they continue to see each other like they are. Even if they're just friends, nobody wants to be in a relationship with someone who is that close to they're ex that they're acting exactly the same as they did when they were together.

Maybe if feels ok to do this now because after in a pandemic and otherwise they'd be alone (at least BB would be). But it's not going to be healthy long-term.

I agree that if they want to grow as individuals then they need to spend time apart. I understand that we are in unusual times but if they keep doing the same things together as when they lived together then they won’t know if they miss each other or not. I would be very surprised if they are both fully on the same page with the break up as it is usually one person who instigates it or wants it more so it isn’t fair to keep so much contact. As someone has said if one or both met someone else things would have to change. I think a break would do them both good and it feeling uncomfortable would be a good thing long term. This is far too comfortable for either of them to truly discover how they feel.

I think the ‘trial separation’ is their version of testing the waters, maybe for them to see whether they miss the intimacy or each others company 24/7 without either of them looking for new relationships.

Whatever direction Brittany and Dean ultimately go in they will remain friends for awhile at least until their joint assets, the house in particular, have been sold.

I was trying to work out why she has started irritating me and you’ve pretty much summed it up. Earlier in this thread some posters had said how she was known for not being that nice when she was at college and I can see flashes of that now she isn’t with Dean. She seemed more humble and thoughtful before the move.
Yes, that's exactly on the nail. I'm recognizing similar glimpses that seem to make the earlier comment about her being a bit of a "mean girl" in school ring true. Not that I doubted it, just hadn't really seen it, thought maybe she'd outgrown it. I'm not sure I'd be able to give a specific example, but it definitely seems she is having more trouble holding up the veneer and some of those not so nice tendencies may remain. We're all human, but she tries so hard to present a perfect image. It must be exhausting and now the mental energy and head space probably isn't as abundant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.