Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The video BB included in her latest Instagram post has got me in stitches. She waddles down the beach so awkwardly it's hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The video BB included in her latest Instagram post has got me in stitches. She waddles down the beach so awkwardly it's hilarious.
It’s tragic for the brand. I wouldn’t be pleased if I was the designer. The sleeves are beautifully tailored, shame she doesn’t realise this is not her size.

Reactions: 3
It looked a beautiful coat but odd presentation as she looked like an elf in motion.

Reactions: 4
I feel horrible laughing but it’s impossible not too. Like a penguin in its dad’s coat and shoes 😂🤣 It’s actually adorable in an anime Totoro kind of way but I don’t think that was quite the idea she was looking to project.

• Haha
I enjoy BBs style, not so much geyt personality. It's a shame she's become obsessed with clothes that are too big for her. Her outfits are starting to look silly and not so chic anymore.

The historical details of the walls/ceiling height are doing most of the work.
This is so true and it comes to mind every time I see another post from the living room. The room looked impressive without much furniture in it.

i was just looking at her blog circa 2017. i find her style then a lot more interesting. more colour, less 'volume' but still interesting and unique cuts and shapes without being so overwhelming. more creative and also a bit more 'wearable'. of course everybody's style develops and changes... i wonder if she is less confident now and that is reflected in choices of clothes that overwhelm her or 'hide' her?

Reactions: 2
We're continuing with the endless consumption and "I don't have much to vlog about to be honest" routine I see with the latest offering. A bit more cinematic but some horrendous attitude sprinkled in. Got to get through a to-do list that's so long...whine...you know, boring stuff like wrapping all the presents I've bought in expensive artisan paper, buying a table cloth AND coasters, putting a star on the tree because I have such ANXIETY about the bareness of the top. STREUTH! Why the hell do you need a tablecloth and coasters as essentials to have a dinner with Dean during a massive lockdown. Can you not get creative? If you are truly upset about the situation would you not try to stay home and avoid potentially spreading this virus? Or are coasters an emergency? LOL. And heaven forbid you put the glasses on the cloth. Got to work hard (LOL) so I can take a much deserved break. FFS. I believe it's finally sunk in she has no clue what a a to do list looks like for most of the world. And there is plenty to vlog about, you've just let your work ethic atrophy and too busy taking photos of your ear to think about it. You could actually make something? Show us how you made your orange garland on the tree (which is lovely). Or did you just buy that too? Oops, bit harsh but I reckon fair these comments. It is Christmas though so probably should turn down the Grinch. Ha! Maybe I'm the asshole for having the time to bother looking at her vlogs today. I just do see potential there for really cool stuff and she has interested me in the past..I hope she comes through again!

Reactions: 9
Agreed, so unnecessary. She could just ask Dean to bring some of the stuff instead of rushing out to buy a carving knife and thermometer. Seems in such a rush to get everything finished to impress everyone (internet and irl).
Can't believe all the endless ornaments and books to fill spaces. It's such a beautiful flat but it feels so soulless with all the random candles and untouched coffee table books. It's like she brought nothing with her and wants to start completely fresh to create the perfect backdrop for her new aesthetic. Not like she's moving out for the first time, she's already bought so much homeware over the years. I'm sure she could have taken some of it from the old house.

Reactions: 9
Not like she's moving out for the first time, she's already bought so much homeware over the years. I'm sure she could have taken some of it from the old house.
Exactly. It's an excuse to buy more. And it is largely pretty but as you say, soulless.

Reactions: 2
Agreed, so unnecessary. She could just ask Dean to bring some of the stuff instead of rushing out to buy a carving knife and thermometer. Seems in such a rush to get everything finished to impress everyone (internet and irl).
Can't believe all the endless ornaments and books to fill spaces. It's such a beautiful flat but it feels so soulless with all the random candles and untouched coffee table books. It's like she brought nothing with her and wants to start completely fresh to create the perfect backdrop for her new aesthetic. Not like she's moving out for the first time, she's already bought so much homeware over the years. I'm sure she could have taken some of it from the old house.
felt odd how panicked she Got about buying a carving knife and thermometer, I’m sure she’s cooked a chicken before! Can just use a regular knife lol x

Reactions: 5
In regards to whether she is renting this place or bought it, you can see two huge boxes from Lick paint behind her in the vlog. I understand that her flat is the backdrop for her photos so she needs it to look nice and aspirational, but I can't imagine going through so much effort for a place I might only live in for 6 months or a year. I suspect she might have bought this place as an investment and is furnishing it to eventually become a luxury Airbnb.

I was searching for some older photos where she looked so much inspiring and inspired, as these days she doesn’t even seem to enjoy her clothes as much. Her aesthetic has become a compulsory following of strictly restricted palette and silhouettes.
I stumbled upon this photo which I find hilarious when compared to others shot and edited by her or Dean to make her appear taller. This perfectly shows how much different her clothes look in real life (not to mention these are not the oversized outfits she wears these days, so one can only imagine how those look unstaged).
E532CF77-D968-4A56-AEE4-80D17913EE65.jpeg

2812BF15-309B-412B-BED2-778DCF175C6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
BB is all style and no subsstance. She's really good at making things look nice - her clothes, her home, her lifestyle - but there's no soul there. It's all for appearances sake. it's so shallow and must be quite unfulfiling. Everything has to look perfect and stylised, which results in her life looking empty. I agree with others who have pointed out that BBs true personality is coming through since the split. You can see her rampant consumerism - no so different from the rest of us are you BB!

I think she does have something special but it's being drowned out by her insecurity and greed unfortunately and this, like a snowball effect is making her life more and more empty and shallow. I speak from self recognition in the fashion industry and now social work. I worked in it for decades and even though I retained much of my identity I was perpetually unhappy with the pressure to keep up. I have friends who didn't feel the pressure so intensely, and I buried it a lot, but now that I'm out if it I see how ridiculous it all is and how entrenched you become in never feeling adequate or having just the right thing. And that industry promotes that feeling by design. It's how it survives. There's a big difference between art and design and Brittany, in my mind isn't an artist, a designer or much of a content creator (yet at least) except in the sense of being able to regurgitate what's given. Artists living around me in Brooklyn actually helped me see the frailty within design. Their personal sense of style was more consistent and original and less flitting from thing to thing. And all the fashion girls attending the shows were like dog's dinner gilded lillies in comparison. All their petals (including mine) could be blown off with a single sneeze. LOL. And the influencers are generally (and there are exceptions) the worst of the lot. In design, at least you've gone to school or taught yourself how to sew, the names/ composition of textiles and stitches and how to create a three dimensional object that has to move on a two dimensional piece of paper. People underestimate true fashion design. I know she went to school. I'm sure she does have some foundational knowledge but it rarely makes an appearance. Influencers (bloggers of the past) think that they are the same thing, actually better than designers, they get to tell design what's really up and yet they have little bedrock grounding. I'm tired, as a designer, of hearing many (not all!) of them say, I don't know the name for this, or this print (when it's knit or an ikat) or "I'm sure I'm saying this wrong". Look it up! Now we have the internet which you use and exploit. We have things that pronounce the words for you for heaven's sakes. Put some effort into making a connection with the things you wear and espouse as so important. You don't need to be an expert, but just try to relate to what you are saying a little more. That is sustainable, in the sense of providing meaning (not environmentally), and will achieve more depth. So, while I relate I don't think I look back on my past with as much distain as I reckon some of these vloggers may if they have any hint of self awareness. And believe me, I have plenty of regret for devoting so much of my life to the fashion industry. Not to fashion, I love fashion, but the industry is very different to the purity of making things that can represent identity to the world. That is beautiful. People confuse the two. It's strange to me to go to art installations and see the world around you and be able to film and curate it in an appealing way and yet be utterly clueless as to the shallow waters in which you are swimming. I feel though she is not oblivious to this subconsciously, it seeps around the edges and is the root cause of much anxiety but at present she pushes it away by expending energy on the accumulation of more as distraction. It's a common predicament, she's not alone. And Dean is a part of the matched set. He seems slightly less consumed but vicariously enjoys some sort of prestige she brings him perhaps? He likely feels a little adrift. His artwork is slightly stagnant and has reached a plateau and building probably not what he imagined for his life in school. If he is able to fully remove himself of BB, for a while, and develop more separately I really think the two of them could make headway to becoming more themselves but that will require a strength that is not easy to face, especially now in this screwy time so I do empathize a little despite their youth and, yes, undeniable (and largely unacknowledged by them) privilege. There I go with my armchair analysis. I enjoy contemplating it I suppose. It helps me make sense of how everything comes together and where we are headed - not all of it bad. Sorry for the length. I'm old school and can't soundbite myself. LOL. I'm the slumber party kid that won't shut up. Everyone has their head under the covers sleeping and then, up pops me to start talking again....! Hahahahaha! Pipe down and go to bed will ya!

P.S. if you want a giggle look up this older video she did for Barbour. I'm very sure this must be a big embarrassment for her and yet, it's something she cannot take down or edit! The sweatshirt is so naff and their script cringeworthy.

Sadly, the Barbour video is probably one of the most honest things she's done though. Okay, I'm really going to shut it now I promise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve only started following her more recently, but does anyone know anything about her family/friends? Been watching her vlogs and it seems the only person she ever spends time with is Dean (despite the separation). Why wouldn’t she bubble up with her family instead and have a proper separation from him rather than spend all their time including Christmas together?! I mean what is the point of this separation if they still keep doing everything together? Just finding it all so bizarre.

She seems to lead such a sad, empty existence... the footage of her taking photos of her ear, so dire!!! Can’t imagine that being my job. Watching her vlogs ends up depressing me.

Reactions: 10
I’ve only started following her more recently, but does anyone know anything about her family/friends? Been watching her vlogs and it seems the only person she ever spends time with is Dean (despite the separation). Why wouldn’t she bubble up with her family instead and have a proper separation from him rather than spend all their time including Christmas together?! I mean what is the point of this separation if they still keep doing everything together? Just finding it all so bizarre.

She seems to lead such a sad, empty existence... the footage of her taking photos of her ear, so dire!!! Can’t imagine that being my job. Watching her vlogs ends up depressing me.
I googled Brittany bathgate family and only found this:
I think some of our family members are confused as to why we've done some of the things we've done. My dad's face when he saw we didn't have a railing on the stairs and told him the floor is concrete intentionally was priceless, but I love that.
someone else mentioned knowing her in school and that her dad used to buy all of her fast fashion. Some light sleuthing on insta will lead you to a younger sister with a very polished social media presence as well.

I also found this blog post. Her friends seem to be other bloggers.

Last edited:
I've always thought it quite obvious BB doesn't have many friends and it's not surprising the few she has are from social media, which in my opinion only goes to show how empty her life is. It's tough to make friends but not impossible at all. Maybe if she had some hobbies that she actually enjoyed instead of picking ones that look good on camera, she might find herself building more relationships with people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.