Brittany Bathgate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just looked at her Facebook I live in Norfolk we have 6 mutual friends how mad is that !!

Reactions: 6
Does she have any brothers or sisters?
She has a sister who lives in Australia. She does not look like her at all, seems a bit of a glamour puss sort. I don't remember her name but I was curious about her b/c Brittany drove with her dad on one vlog (dads face never on camera) to pick her up from the airport and she showed her (the sister) for about 2 second hug her dad (who from the back looked perfectly normal). I suspect that her sister doesn't meet her minimalist aesthetic requirements and so she doesn't talk about her much or show photos but she does go to visit her in Australia so they are not estranged or anything. Dean fits with her vibe (though not exactly like her). Which, that's really odd when you curate your family. Of course they may just not want to be in frame, but when I looked at the sister's insta she was all about it, but it was like vavavoomy.

Today I was walking my dog and I have COVID brain (I've never had COVID but I mean from isolation) and I just thought for a split second about her the ROW flip flop shoes and I blurted out to my dog "700 pounds". I guess because I was wearing black flip flops today and it jiggled that thought. I'm losing my god damn mind I tell ya.

And it's only b/c they are the ROW that she's so besotted with them. If she had seen those flip flops for 100 pounds (still too much) she would be like nah. That's what irks a lot. Snobbery for snobbery sake. Same with the jil sander boots. "These go slightly up on the leg" the vamp is like 1.5cm higher up and she wears them under the pant so? I don't know, that could feed a family of 5 for a week. Gurl. Get outta town.

Last thing. "I bought these with my own money". You only bought them with your own money to attract the brand or farfetch to "they were ever so kind and reached out and sent me this" (as if it was unsolicited and you hadn't been banging on about it and your agent or you hadn't reached out first, most of the time). LOL. It's not just something she says...

They are all charlatans! LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
She has a sister who lives in Australia. She does not look like her at all, seems a bit of a glamour puss sort. I don't remember her name but I was curious about her b/c Brittany drove with her dad on one vlog (dads face never on camera) to pick her up from the airport and she showed her (the sister) for about 2 second hug her dad (who from the back looked perfectly normal). I suspect that her sister doesn't meet her minimalist aesthetic requirements and so she doesn't talk about her much or show photos but she does go to visit her in Australia so they are not estranged or anything. Dean fits with her vibe (though not exactly like her). Which, that's really odd when you curate your family. Of course they may just not want to be in frame, but when I looked at the sister's insta she was all about it, but it was like vavavoomy.
her name is abbey, she comes up if you search who brit follows. They are really different but still just as committed to a specific aesthetic, interestingly. I’m not sure how far we can go before it leads into doxxing territory, but from her sister’s account it seems their parents have divorced and their dad has remarried.

it also seems like her sister visited Brittany recently. I haven’t watched the most recent vlog but maybe she was left out for a reason. I personally would find brit far more interesting if she revealed people in her life who were different from her.

Reactions: 5
Can see why she’d leave that out. Surely her sister isn’t meant to be there if Dean is her support bubble?

Bubbles aside, it’s good to see she has some support and someone else to talk to. Interesting that she came round though. Tbh I don’t know the rules in Norwich at the time.

Reactions: 5
Can see why she’d leave that out. Surely her sister isn’t meant to be there if Dean is her support bubble?

Bubbles aside, it’s good to see she has some support and someone else to talk to. Interesting that she came round though. Tbh I don’t know the rules in Norwich at the time.
that’s a good point. I forgot Brittany had been making a big deal about Dean being the only one in her pod.

Reactions: 3

Ah, yeah, fair enough. That does make sense. That's better than leaving her out because she is so different and it would be a bit "spanner in the works" in the middle of her vlogs. I don't remember what I saw that made me think vavavoom. I guess she's more Australian and her clothes seemed a bit more body con and she was bit more traditionally glamorous, tan and I don't know, kind of Essex, not that everyone in Essex is "Essex". But hopefully you know what I mean. Definitely also image conscious and specific as you guys say. It's not like she's totally bogan (as Aussie's would say). Giggle.

Reactions: 4
Ah, yeah, fair enough. That does make sense. That's better than leaving her out because she is so different and it would be a bit "spanner in the works" in the middle of her vlogs. I don't remember what I saw that made me think vavavoom. I guess she's more Australian and her clothes seemed a bit more body con and she was bit more traditionally glamorous, tan and I don't know, kind of Essex, not that everyone in Essex is "Essex". But hopefully you know what I mean. Definitely also image conscious and specific as you guys say. It's not like she's totally bogan (as Aussie's would say). Giggle.
Tbh I could see her leaving her out for that reason as well. Doesn’t really fit with her aesthetic and would ruin her perfect vlog. I think you’re right and she’d be left out of the vlog regardless of rule breaking.
But in terms of covid, can definitely see why she’d keep it extra quiet and not even mention her sister visiting (without showing her).

Reactions: 3
This all reminds me of the time she said she tries to schedule things throughout her week that she thinks her audience will enjoy seeing, like when she was doing clay, or when they go on hikes, etc. I don’t think she realizes it just makes her vlogs seem empty and soulless. To that point, I do wonder if her style shift could be related to her mental health. Looking at old photos when she wore color and patterns, she seemed so much livelier. I’ve gone through ruts like this too so I do feel for her in that way. Like many have said, there are so many missed opportunities for genuinely interesting content but maybe she’s just not in a place to even be aware of that.

Reactions: 4
This all reminds me of the time she said she tries to schedule things throughout her week that she thinks her audience will enjoy seeing, like when she was doing clay, or when they go on hikes, etc. I don’t think she realizes it just makes her vlogs seem empty and soulless. To that point, I do wonder if her style shift could be related to her mental health. Looking at old photos when she wore color and patterns, she seemed so much livelier. I’ve gone through ruts like this too so I do feel for her in that way. Like many have said, there are so many missed opportunities for genuinely interesting content but maybe she’s just not in a place to even be aware of that.
Yes! Great points.And if you are even slightly clinically depressed, which as someone who has had major depressive disorder in my past, this actually becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Not that I'm making any diagnosis here, I don't think she is in major depression. But because of this I'm hyper attune to its ramifications. Even if you are only mildly low, which many during this period are and she has expressed, the tendency to cope with it in maladaptive ways such as over eating (she does not), over spending, becoming overly anxious and internally directed is very strong. So we should probably cut her some slack... maybe a lot of slack actually. Because as you continue to do this to soothe yourself, it makes it worse. The best thing to do is get outside and be with others and physically active and these days even that is curtailed. Not that this is a rave thread, but I don't think it's an out and out cruel thread either. Thank goodness. I mean we all do weird stuff. She does have a specific point of style that can be inspiring. She does wear some coats that swamp her but it's not all too big for her. She definitely is a cut above the other "minfluencers" in my mind. It reminds me a little, critiquing her, of people watching bands and going, "well they're rubbish!" Ha ha ha, I've done it. My ex who used to be in one used to say, but "But you're not up there are you? What are you doing exactly?" in response to that sort of thing. LOL. Yeah, maybe her vlogging is not great, maybe its revealing negative aspects of her personality along with the good, but she's up there trying and that counts for something. And I wouldn't be commenting if I didn't watch. I wouldn't be watching if there wasn't something redeeming b/c I don't just watch for shitshows, I do enjoy quite a bit of her content. I just wish she would wise up, exactly as you say, trying to let others in to a more honest portrayal instead of this varnished veneer which is...ho...hum. Her personality and content both would organically become more compelling if she did. Her life with Dean more interesting but even that too was wearing thin.

Last edited:
The picture of Brittany‘s sister was posted on December 6th. I don’t think Norfolk was in lockdown back then? And looking at her sister‘s IG it seems like she’s in the UK for some time now (at least since the summer) so even more weird that Brittany never mentioned her?

Reactions: 1
The picture of Brittany‘s sister was posted on December 6th. I don’t think Norfolk was in lockdown back then? And looking at her sister‘s IG it seems like she’s in the UK for some time now (at least since the summer) so even more weird that Brittany never mentioned her?
I can't remember which vlog but she showed going to the airport to pick her up with their father.

Australia have essentially closed their borders. The Australian government are making it very hard and expensive for Australian nationals living abroad to return to Australia, even if their visas are expiring in the countries they are living in. Realistically they wouldn’t allow Brittany’s sister, a British national living in Australia on a visa, who left Australia on her own accord to return to Australia easily.

I think Brittany is trying to go for the enigmatic approach but I don’t think a vlogger can ever truly be enigmatic. I can believe that a lot of her family and friends don’t want to be included in her content, which she respects, but then it helps Brittany create the illusion. If you’re meeting someone who doesn’t want to be filmed then why mention meeting them at all? Especially if it plays into giving the impression of respecting Covid guidelines.

I think with all influencers you have to read between the lines because none of them are honest with their followers and most of the time their family and friends content doesn’t align to the influencers.

I think with all influencers you have to read between the lines because none of them are honest with their followers and most of the time their family and friends content doesn’t align to the influencers.
This is very true. We only see a carefully edited part of bloggers/influencers lives. Who would have known Brittany was planning and arranging to move out of home just going by her videos. Although you’d also be hard pushed to know she had separated from Dean if you’d missed the odd video 😂. I still don’t get their ‘separation’. I guess if you are a friend who wears bright colours and patterns you definitely won’t be making the cut!

Reactions: 1
I love her style but she's so boring. I get the feeling she's lived a very sheltered (wealthy + privileged!) life. She has zero personality and her vlogs really highlight that.
Disappointing to read this, I can only surmise you do not know her personally. Whereas I do and despite whatever impression you may have formed, I can testify that she has come from neither a wealthy nor privileged background. She went to a standard high school and just happened to do well academically and got a place at Uni. Rather than live rent free at home, she chose to do the whole Uni experience, found her own digs and supported herself financially. She is fiercely independent with a strong work ethic and has succeeded through study, application and her own sense of focus on where she wants to go.

Does anyone else feel a bit tired after watching her vlogs? I get that she likes a certain aesthetic and does everything to ensure that every aspect of her life fits that particular aesthetic, but it's exhausting to watch. There's way too much thinking and planning involved, where is the fun? I feel like she's trying to fill a void. Maybe that's unfair for me to say, I do like her. A few years ago I was exactly the same and everything in my life was so curated, for example I couldn't just buy a normal pair of scissors, it had to be from Hay for the design. My life was bland af dressed up with material goods and so much time was spent deliberating over non important things. I wonder if she will get tired of this.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.