Britney Spears

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can't see it either. is this one of those the dress is blue/white/gold thing? that some ppl can see it and some can't? it's so sad I hope she gets the help she needs. does she see her kids?
Like those puzzle pictures, kind of let your eyes go cross eyed to see it

Reactions: 1
I just feel so sad for her. She does not look well at all. Why is her make up always smudged. She was my idol when she first came out it’s so sad to see what’s become of her. Definitely all is not well there. Where’s her mum?

Reactions: 14
Apparently in her latest post she was dancing & then crying at the end... this got deleted, the crying was cut and was reposted on her story

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Re her team posting her captions. The fans started thinking something was up when she “checked herself” into rehab (this was in the last year or so) and had a caption about it saying “me time : )” She always uses loads of emojis, not just characters like that. So they knew it wasn’t her posting it and suspected they’d forced her to go there.

Re Lindsay Lohan - one of Brit’s managers is a v conservative woman called Lou Taylor. Apparently when Lindsay was going through her meltdown, Lou suggested a conservatorship but her parents refused to put Lindsay in one.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
How could they have got an early dementia diagnosis without expert opinions? There is definitely a lot wrong with her and she does fit some of the dementia behaviours. But I agree that she is being very very closely controlled and handled. I worry that even if she gets the conservatorship reversed the damage has been done. They've had her on medication and sedatives for years.

Reactions: 10
I haven't been following Britney for years but I always found her dad creepy and that her life was fully controlled by her family because they don't want to let her retire (as she seems to have been wanting for years, she's being rich enough to never have to work one more day in her life and as it'd be healthier for her mental health) since she's their cash cow and they don't want to stop the money flow.

Reactions: 3
If she was diagnosed with early onset dementia when her conservatorship started in 2008 she’d more than likely be in a pretty vegetative state by now 12 years later unless they have her on some amazing meds that aren’t available to everyone which would mean she’d be a medical marvel. Someone diagnosed with early dementia 12 years ago wouldn’t be as coherent as she appears in her videos.
I’m amazed judges accept this explanation it seems so ridiculous!

Reactions: 25
If she was diagnosed with early onset dementia when her conservatorship started in 2008 she’d more than likely be in a pretty vegetative state by now 12 years later unless they have her on some amazing meds that aren’t available to everyone which would mean she’d be a medical marvel. Someone diagnosed with early dementia 12 years ago wouldn’t be as coherent as she appears in her videos.
I’m amazed judges accept this explanation it seems so ridiculous!
I think she was initially put under the conservatorship due to her breakdown in 2007 as she was more of a risk to herself then however it has just been extended and extended ever since. I agree with what you are saying though. Surely if her dad and team are arguing that she has early dementia/symptoms why is she being worked?!?

Reactions: 6
It's long and complicated but basically she was put under a conservatorship in 2008- it was after she locked herself in the bathroom with her son after an access dispute with her ex. You might remember pics of her being taken away in an ambulance (this was after the 2007 head shaving).

It means that her father (who is the main conservator) has control of her as a person and her as a brand. He has control over all her money. It's usually put in place for people with dementia etc who are totally incapable of making decisions for themselves.

Over the years, Britney has tried to get out of it (she spoke about it in her 'for the record' documentary, calling it worse than prison) but she hasnt been successful. It was only supposed to be temporary when she was having problems in 2008. It has meant that her dad (who by the way has a history of abuse and most recently he was reported for being violent with Britney's son) can pay himself (and other people) a wage to be her conservators. There's also a leaked voice mail where she she's telling someone that her dad is threatening to take her kids away. K Fed currently has custody.

The worst part is because of the restrictions, she cant even choose her own lawyer, so it's hard for her to get out of it.

The details are murky because Team Britney are so strict about who talks to her (eg she cant be alone with someone who isnt approved). Most notably, she spoke about the c'ship on Jonothan Ross and it was cut out. Many people who have worked with her during the c'ship have spoken about how she seems on edge and her people control everything.

There's obviously the mental health situation too which no one knows the truth about.

But at the base of it, her fans are saying if she is so incapable of controlling herself - deciding where she wants to go, driving her car etc etc, then why has she spent all these years since 2008 working (world tours, albums, products, vegas residencies). There is an abuse of power somewhere.

If you're interested in the proper explanation, BritneysGram started it all with a podcast episode a year or so ago called FreeBritney (its number 70 something) - they were approached by an ex paralegal working on the conservatorship case and wanted to reveal that one of the conservators quit because of how immoral it was. And it snowballed from there. This was longer than I intended!

I had no idea about all these details and it makes me feel so sad for her! Why is her dad who was an ex alcoholic and who allegedly has been violent with Britney's son, even getting a restraining order, the conservator? Why is the court allowing this and if she has to keep under conservatorship, why aren't they giving the conservator role to another person? It all seems very weird and fishy to me. Where is her mom in the middle of all this?

I remember on a documentary many years ago (can't remember the name) she said she wished she could retire, move to an island in peace and raiser her children. It's been obvious she doesn't have the love for performing anymore and that it'd be more beneficial to her to simply slow down and rest. With the money she has and an actual conservator who cares for her, they could've helped her make smart investments that would allow her to retire early on and live well plus providing for her children and at the same time that someone could ensure she takes her meds and gets the treatment she needs and gradually increase her freedom to allow her to get used to be independent. The way her father is handling the conservatorship according to what I read here and seems to me, is actually ensuring she never gets out of it, is never able to retire or do something else she likes and never gets the treatment she needs. It's so illogical and sad to me.

Reactions: 13
I had no idea about all these details and it makes me feel so sad for her! Why is her dad who was an ex alcoholic and who allegedly has been violent with Britney's son, even getting a restraining order, the conservator? Why is the court allowing this and if she has to keep under conservatorship, why aren't they giving the conservator role to another person? It all seems very weird and fishy to me. Where is her mom in the middle of all this?

I remember on a documentary many years ago (can't remember the name) she said she wished she could retire, move to an island in peace and raiser her children. It's been obvious she doesn't have the love for performing anymore and that it'd be more beneficial to her to simply slow down and rest. With the money she has and an actual conservator who cares for her, they could've helped her make smart investments that would allow her to retire early on and live well plus providing for her children and at the same time that someone could ensure she takes her meds and gets the treatment she needs and gradually increase her freedom to allow her to get used to be independent. The way her father is handling the conservatorship according to what I read here and seems to me, is actually ensuring she never gets out of it, is never able to retire or do something else she likes and never gets the treatment she needs. It's so illogical and sad to me.
I think her mum is on her side. She always goes to court with her and has previously liked ig comments about freebritney. The latest is that her mum is trying to get in on the conservatorship (presumably so she can help Britney rather than control her).
It makes me really sad too. You should watch “for the record”. It’s a documentary she did just after the c’ship was put in place.

Reactions: 8

Yeh for me the strangest thing in all this is her mum, where is she?!

Reactions: 2
And her sister out here living her best life while Britney treated like a criminal 🤔
This is what confuses me too...... her sister seems to have a completely different lifestyle and dare I say normal. I suppose she’s not the one making the millions that line her dads pockets though!

Reactions: 10
This is what confuses me too...... her sister seems to have a completely different lifestyle and dare I say normal. I suppose she’s not the one making the millions that line her dads pockets though!
100% it's just a crazy sad situation and I hope the day it's resolved a lot of people are who are letting this carry on and are benefiting from her money are held accountable! I don't know how they sleep at night

Reactions: 6
I remember an interview with Britney where she said her sister was far more cut out for that life than she was, and this was long before the publicised breakdown. It was around the time the show with her sister started. I don't know how much faith I have in her mother. If Britney recognised she wasn't really cut out for it way back then, and was still being pushed by mother dearest, I'm not sure her mum would have her best interests at heart either.

From what remember of a documentary way back when, they suggested she showed signs of mental health issues from a young age, lost her virginity at 14 and was somewhat wild. I don't know how much of it was sensationalised though, to benefit off the back of the breakdown. It also speculated that depression and bipolar were present in the dad's side of the family. The dad himself being an alcoholic, but also demonstrating quite volatile behaviours in the past.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Just been scrolling through twitter and seen that Lindsey Lohan is liking a lot of #freebritney tweets etc. I really hope she gets some public support I feel so sorry for her
If there was lots of public outrage and celebrities speaking out for her, maybe that'd press the courts to review the whole conservatorship. At least take her father off it and have proper people who care for her and don't see her as their cash cow show pony taking care of her plus a proper medical evaluation and review of her meds.

• Heart
If there was lots of public outrage and celebrities speaking out for her, maybe that'd press the courts to review the whole conservatorship. At least take her father off it and have proper people who care for her and don't see her as their cash cow show pony taking care of her plus a proper medical evaluation and review of her meds.
Some celebrities have been posting about it but then their agent gets contacted and told they have to take it down or face legal action.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I think they're lucky to have a "normal" life with a non-famous parent, but they're not lucky to have him specifically. He's not in it for the parenting and you'll never convince me he is when he requests more than 30k PER MONTH to parent them.
I think he even wanted Britney to pay for the other kids he has with his current girlfriend/wife.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.