Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't understand what all the fuss about this is.
I watched up to the wedding and was very bored by then
Sort of feel the same way.
I'm enjoying it but not really, I think part of the reason for me is the fact that the characters really don't seem to have that much chemistry between them. I was actually hoping Daph would go off with the Prince at one point just because that seemed like a more interesting story arc.
I'm not swooning over the Duke, though he is very good looking, and I think part of that is that he's just so... boring? The character had a lot of potential but feels very 2D even with the whole weight of the dead father stuff

Reactions: 4
Guys give it to me straight. I naively started watching this with my prudish mum and dad thinking it was a Pride and Prejudice style romantic drama. Have so far watched 3 episodes including the masturbation scene and I hear that it gets a lot more racy. How bad does it get? How much awkward sex do I need to sit through with my parents in the room? 😩😩😩😩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Guys give it to me straight. I naively started watching this with my prudish mum and dad thinking it was a Pride and Prejudice style romantic drama. Have so far watched 3 episodes including the masturbation scene and I hear that it gets a lot more racy. How bad does it get? How much awkward sex do I need to sit through with my parents in the room? 😩😩😩😩
There's quite a few scenes, I'd watch them alone if I were you unless you and your parents are open like thatπŸ˜† especially episode 5 and 6 πŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh a lot!! Definitely watch on your own....oh and close your curtains too incase the neighbours see in πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh a lot!! Definitely watch on your own....oh and close your curtains too incase the neighbours see in πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Oh goddd πŸ˜‚ even worse I’m pregnant and sat next to my husband while the characters keep wanging on about β€œhow are babies made” etc I mean we all know but don’t need a constant reminder to my rents that my husband and I shagged a lot to get me in my condition πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh goddd πŸ˜‚ even worse I’m pregnant and sat next to my husband while the characters keep wanging on about β€œhow are babies made” etc I mean we all know but don’t need a constant reminder to my rents that my husband and I shagged a lot to get me in my condition πŸ˜‚
I know, they were so naive back then πŸ™‚.
I really enjoyed the series, hope you enjoy the rest of it too πŸ˜€. It gets better and better with each episode πŸ₯°

Reactions: 1
😱 πŸ˜‚ no way id watch that with parents, you don't really see anything as such, bit of boob or skin but there is the honey moon with a lotttttttt of it going on a couple of other acts carried out πŸ˜‚ its more the gasping etc id be dying off in a corner

Honestly you will be exhausted after there is that much πŸ˜‚

I had to turn it down during the sex scenes the noises! πŸ˜‚

I enjoyed the series though!

Reactions: 3
I honestly loved it! So interesting seeing how things were back then (I know this is a little more conventional) I like what they did with mixing the black characters especially as I’m pretty sure at this time in england this kind of β€˜race mixing’ would have been extremely frowned upon and just not heard of? Anyway daphne is meant to be really elegant and classy, I think that’s what the point is about all the men wanting her because they wanted someone like that then, someone classically beautiful and graceful

Reactions: 1
I loved Bridgerton even though it isn't my usual cup of tea, can't wait for the next series! I'm a bit puzzled by one thing though, I'm not sure if I've missed something (spoiler ahead, obviously):

Wouldn't it be obvious to the Featheringtons that Penelope is Lady Whistledown, after she revealed that Marina was pregnant? It had to come from their household, and it was obvious that Penelope didn't approve. Marina, at the very least, would surely have known after their run-in about Colin. Or did I miss something that suggested people outside the family knew too?

My 16 yr old daughter watched it, then I watched it a few days later and oh my giddy aunt, I’d NEVER have let her watch it if I’d known. (J/k really, she is old enough, I can imagine it’s her generations Dirty Dancing). But she kept coming into the room in the sex scenes and saying β€˜ooh this bit’s good, mum!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I finished this the other day, and enjoyed it for the bit of fluff it is. Loved the string versions of modern songs, especially Bad Guy. Didn't guess the identity of Lady W, I thought it was going to be the Queen, but then it didn't make sense for her to be so excited to get the papers if she wrote them πŸ˜†

Speaking of Lady W, I liked this announcement of season 2:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The only character I didn't enjoy was the opera singer who was the brothers fbuddy. She reminded me off Bianca Gascoigne, I actually thought it was her!

Reactions: 5