Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glad I found this thread! random thoughts
-these aren't books with deep themes or creative twists. Some of the modern language, attitudes, etc are ridiculous but Bridgeton siblings interactions are so fun, which is why I thought the Eloise book was a drag. the show captures the fun of being among the bridgertons so makes the rather pedestrian plot interesting.
-I hate Daphne's bangs. They make a beautiful girl resemble a medieval monk
-there's 8 books but I don't think they will generate enough momentum for 8 seasons so I think they will combine some of the plots/books. Like in season 2 they don't need to spend as much explaining the whole concept of coming out or introducing core characters like the featheringtons, etc. Also they won't have the novelty of a racially diverse costume drama cast...anyways netflix independently produced shows don't seem to have a lot of legs. e.g. to all the boys I have loved was pretty meh but super hyped so got a sequel but no one's really asking for a 3rd
-I like the reveal of Lady whistledown because otherwise that character will have nothing to do and now there's the plot line of close calls of being found out and also sets up the contrast of how they are both totally obvious in plain sight yet ignored

Reactions: 4
It was a good and easy watch, a soap opera in fancy period costumes. Didn’t like the way the actress portrayed Eloise, it didn’t seem in keeping with the time. The sex scenes went on and on, I watched alone so didn’t feel embarrassed in front of kids or parents. But tbh they were so tedious I found myself picking up my phone. My favorite was Pen and her mother. They had a bit more to their characters. Not the best period drama but still enjoyable

Really liking it. I think THE SCENE is controversial in that if the roles were reversed there would have been huge uproar, but it does reflect a different time so in that context, isn't controversial.

I've watched it twice now. Was still hooked! Interesting to rewatch knowing who Lady Whistledown is.

Reactions: 1
I loved Bridgerton even though it isn't my usual cup of tea, can't wait for the next series! I'm a bit puzzled by one thing though, I'm not sure if I've missed something (spoiler ahead, obviously):

Wouldn't it be obvious to the Featheringtons that Penelope is Lady Whistledown, after she revealed that Marina was pregnant? It had to come from their household, and it was obvious that Penelope didn't approve. Marina, at the very least, would surely have known after their run-in about Colin. Or did I miss something that suggested people outside the family knew too?
It had to come from their household for sure, but those kinds of households used to be massive with countless servants ("staff" nowadays), so it's hard to say who the leak would be. It could easily be a maid trying to make some money. I forgot which period piece it was, but there was a whole story about servants making money off of their employers (masters) by selling surplus food etc.

I don’t get why the sex scenes have had people’s heads turned unless their sex life is dead.

Reactions: 9
I watched the first 3 episodes a while ago. Can’t get in to it 🤷‍♀️ But not seen any of the sex scenes yet 😂 is that when it improves?

Reactions: 1
Just finished the last episode and omg I loved it or should I say I loved the Duke.
Guessed the identity of Lady W around episode 5 or 6 I think.
Looking forward to season 2