Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else love the music in it or just me? 👀 I love how they use modern music but in such a classical way! I've been on Spotify all lunchtime listening to more songs from them😅

Reactions: 13
I loved it - the Duke is so good looking but it's also how he acts which make him attractive (the body language)

Pretty much everyone in it is beautiful though. Lady Danbury is my favourite character.

Reactions: 10
Please tell me, does this get better after episode 1? I just wasn’t into it but most of my friends absolutely loved it. I found the first episode a bit slow and boring 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Please tell me, does this get better after episode 1? I just wasn’t into it but most of my friends absolutely loved it. I found the first episode a bit slow and boring 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes! I started to play Sims during the first two episodes but then got hooked! 😂

@Lara98 me too! Especially the Girls like you cover

Reactions: 1
Yes it does. I just didn't get Episode 1. But watched all of it and loved it. I then watched Episode 1 and understood it better. 😄😁😆

Reactions: 5
I must be the only one in the world who hasn’t liked this show 😂 I’ve watched all in the hope it would get better but it just hasn’t clicked with me. Nothing to grip me to keep me watching and I haven’t cared really about any of the characters. I also find the acting at times too much. Daphne went from being fairly likeable to annoying. And I felt like Simon needed to get over himself. Lol - I know I’m very much in the minority!!!!
also once I realised the dress maker was Louise from Two Pints of Larger I couldn’t unsee it and kept expecting her to totter out with a fluffy handbag and flipphone.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm gutted I've watched it....because I wish I could re watch it as if I hadn't! Watched it all pretty much in one go...loved the Duke, have to be brutally honest sorry, couldn't see the appeal of the lead actress...yes she's pretty! But all the men were swooning couldn't see why? Anyways I didn't guess who the mystery writer was and didn't suspect at all! Any suggestions on anymore period dramas gratefully received!
No I agree. She was pretty enough, but not stunning. I think the bitchy blonde frenemy was more striking.

also once I realised the dress maker was Louise from Two Pints of Larger I couldn’t unsee it and kept expecting her to totter out with a fluffy handbag and flipphone.
I recognised her as Meghan Markle on the Windsors!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
No I agree. She was pretty enough, but not stunning. I think the bitchy blonde frenemy was more striking.
Definitely, I thought exactly the same! Even some extras at the different balls you'd see dancing were more appealing.

I have just watched the first episode. I’m a bit of an Austen/Regency era fan when it comes to dramas, so wasn’t sure how I would find Bridgerton because I had seen it was going to be a bit more sensational with costumes than you would expect from other period dramas, not that that is a bad thing. I did also wonder if the hype was going to lead to disappointment.

I was going to give Bridgerton a try anyway but held off over Christmas because I had lots of stuff on my to watch list. Now though facebook and instagram etc have been insufferable for all the constant posts about it so I caved in and started watching so I could see what the fuss is about 😆

The Duke - so far, NICE, and nice voice!

Daphne - I appreciate her plight, as women were brought up to succeed on the marriage market, very unfair, etc etc, but I just get a sense she is going to annoy me in the coming episodes?

Pen? (Nicola Coughlan’s character) - so far I like her as she seems to be the “average yet lovely person who gets overlooked” so I want to see her be happy in the coming episodes.

I’m not sure about Eloise, she seems a lot older, Though if she’s “sat out this season”, is that because she is like a year younger than Daphne? I can’t see past the actress really. I’m sure she’s good but the outfits, plus her supposedly being young... I’m not convinced.

I really feel for the Featherington cousin who is brought to London - can’t imagine how frustrating it must be to have people inspecting your bedsheets for evidence of period!! Women were really under scrutiny in every way, breaks my heart. I know they didn’t realise it back then, but periods can be late for stress, health issues etc - why be so horrible to women and assume ‘scandalous’ things before you know the facts.

I don’t like the older Bridgerton brother, he seems selfish though perhaps he will reform. So typical to be able to go gallivanting around yet say to his sister she must marry some old eccentric git so that his brotherly duty is “done”. :sick:

So far I like the Queen and Lady Danbury.

I love the settings, opulence etc.

The costumes don’t bother me too much as I understand they have attempted to dial up the fashionable colours to appeal to people who might not want to watch Pride and Prejudice where everyone wears cream and rose, etc.

I have read that Netflix have ordered 8 series now? Will I want to watch all of them? We’ll see. For now, I will try Episode 2. Who knows, I was reluctant to watch Sanditon when it first came out because Austen didn’t finish it, but when I did actually watch it I fell in love with it and really want a Season 2.

Reactions: 3
I like Eloise, at first I wasn't sure as she's meant to be portraying a 17 year old yet sounds like a 30 year old. It was really ruining how I viewed her however she grew on me and the actress who plays her is great! I think you need to get past the fact she has a maturer voice for a 17 Yr old but other than that, she's hilarious! I askari had to remind my self its just a show, so not everything is going to be an accurate portrayl

Reactions: 4
I'm gutted I've watched it....because I wish I could re watch it as if I hadn't! Watched it all pretty much in one go...loved the Duke, have to be brutally honest sorry, couldn't see the appeal of the lead actress...yes she's pretty! But all the men were swooning couldn't see why? Anyways I didn't guess who the mystery writer was and didn't suspect at all! Any suggestions on anymore period dramas gratefully received!
I can see what you mean about the lead actress, she is very plain in todays world but think that's why she was perfect for the role, back then the purer and plainer the more sought after as they knew she wasn't 'spoilt' how awful!

Reactions: 7
Finished it last night and I’m gutted, I loved it!!!! Tempted to start it again today 😂 I may be in love with the duke 🙊

Reactions: 10
The actress who plays Penelope is 33 and the actress who plays Eloise is 31

Reactions: 2