Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finished it last night, the first thing I noticed is Daphne's mum is tracy beaker's mum hahah

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I didnt realise the actress Daphne's mum is Sally from Coronation Street!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Only watched three so far but really enjoying it!

Daphne's actress was also in Waterloo Road years ago, as was the Duke of Hastings actor! Both in completely different series of the show, so they never appeared together but it was bugging me where I knew them both from

Reactions: 4
I can’t unsee Sally Webster in the main character 😫 ruined it for myself IMDbing the cast.

I think the sex scenes go on a bit - we get it, you’re shagging. 😂 The Duke and Duchess storyline is the least interesting for me, I’m much more interested in the Featherington sisters and other Bridgerton brothers.

Im intrigued by the shocking scene now though.. that must be coming up in my next ep 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I loved it, pure escapism. Its not historically accurate at all in many ways, its a modern story set in the past. Nothing wrong with that, you have to take it for what it is.

As a guy that scene has been blown up out of proportion. It was consensual sex and he could have easily pushed her off him and pulled out if he really wanted, she didn't drug him or get him drunk (like she does in the book), she doesn't physically restrain him. The minute positions were reversed her gave up power and he could have done something then. He had lied to her (as a young innocent girl) and she was doing what she could to know and understand the truth. It was a toxic situation all round.

Also, while not quite the same women lie to men all the time to get pregnant, using a man as a sperm donor is a story as old as time.

Reactions: 23
I’m enjoying it and I think it’s so well shot. The costume and setting is lush! However sometimes in some scenes I feel I’m watching a spoof comedy show about period costume dramas... rather than an actual period costume drama. I can’t put my finger on scenes or characters I’ve felt this with in particular, it’s just a general vibe I’ve got sometimes. Maybe it’s because some of the acting is quite hammy?? I don’t know! This might just be me!!! Overall I am enjoying it though and look forward to where it will all go.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
On another note who was everyone’s favorite character?
Pen was my favourite character, there was something about her that made me want to see more of her and I suspected the ending because of her behaviour towards Eloise.

Reactions: 12
I loved it. The music mixes of pop songs to strings are AMAZING - on Spotify as well if anyone else loved them.
the Duke 🤤
The main relationship was toxic AF but I still rooted for it. Ah well. Sad there were so few episodes, more please!

Reactions: 20
Pen was my favourite character, there was something about her that made me want to see more of her and I suspected the ending because of her behaviour towards Eloise.
I hated her! 😂 But I also got suspicious when she came crying to Eloise and then the next day the whole Marina thing came out.

Reactions: 3
I hated her! 😂 But I also got suspicious when she came crying to Eloise and then the next day the whole Marina thing came out.
See controversially I didn't like the Duke and don't get why so many think he's 🤤😍. I did however quite like the boxer 😂

Reactions: 13
I loved it. It felt like a bit of escapism that has been needed in weird lockdown times

The actor who played the Duke was 🔥🔥 (the boxer was hot too) I thought he played his role well. I would have liked to have seen more of Daphne's unconventional side. She seemed too stiff, even though I know it was supposed to be of that time, but they didn't gel together to me a lot of the time.

Love the set and costumes, the fabrics they used were amazing. The whole thing gave me a Great Gatsby movie vibe and perhaps a touch of Tim Burton, both styles I love

I hear there's a season 2 coming

Without any spoilers, did anyone see Lady Whistledown happening like that (trying to keep it vague)? I loved that it was Julie Andrews voice, it felt very nostalgic and comforting

Reactions: 11
Bridgerton is strangely watchable but rather like a Poundland version of Jane Austen.😀

I've seen 4 episodes so far and have to say that the story is very weak. A Duke refusing to have an heir to spite a dead father 🤣 absolutely bloody ridiculous. An opera singer appearing at a society ball without a skirt 😁 but as we're told this is Regency fantasy with no bearing to real life then I guess it's pointless harping on about historical inaccuracies.

The costumes are lovely and the production values good but the main problem for me is that I couldn't give a tit about any of the characters so far, and was actually hoping that smug Daphne with her stupid fringe would get shot in the duel scene. I couldn't care less who she marries.

My daughter is enjoying it though so I'll probably watch to the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Bridgerton is strangely watchable but rather like a Poundland version of Jane Austen.😀

I've seen 4 episodes so far and have to say that the story is very weak. A Duke refusing to have an heir to spite a dead father 🤣 absolutely bloody ridiculous. An opera singer appearing at a society ball without a skirt 😁 but as we're told this is Regency fantasy with no bearing to real life then I guess it's pointless harping on about historical inaccuracies.

The costumes are lovely and the production values good but the main problem for me is that I couldn't give a tit about any of the characters so far, and was actually hoping that smug Daphne with her stupid fringe would get shot in the duel scene. I couldn't care less who she marries.

My daughter is enjoying it though so I'll probably watch to the end.
A couple of my friends watched with their mums in the last few days and I did warn them (and will pass on to you) there are some quite long sex scenes in ep 5 &6 - absolutely fine if you and your daughter are fine with that but the idea of watching those with my mum made me feel very awkward 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
A couple of my friends watched with their mums in the last few days and I did warn them (and will pass on to you) there are some quite long sex scenes in ep 5 &6 - absolutely fine if you and your daughter are fine with that but the idea of watching those with my mum made me feel very awkward 😂
Don't worry my daughter is an adult and we're used to it in this house 😆

I do remember feeling embarrassed watching ye olde sex scenes with my mum though in the days of yore 🤣

Reactions: 4
Don't worry my daughter is an adult and we're used to it in this house 😆

I do remember feeling embarrassed watching ye olde sex scenes with my mum though in the days of yore 🤣
I think it’s probably more a reflection of me and my mum than anything else ha!

Reactions: 2
I loved it. It felt like a bit of escapism that has been needed in weird lockdown times

The actor who played the Duke was 🔥🔥 (the boxer was hot too) I thought he played his role well. I would have liked to have seen more of Daphne's unconventional side. She seemed too stiff, even though I know it was supposed to be of that time, but they didn't gel together to me a lot of the time.

Love the set and costumes, the fabrics they used were amazing. The whole thing gave me a Great Gatsby movie vibe and perhaps a touch of Tim Burton, both styles I love

I hear there's a season 2 coming

Without any spoilers, did anyone see Lady Whistledown happening like that (trying to keep it vague)? I loved that it was Julie Andrews voice, it felt very nostalgic and comforting
The Lady Whistledown reveal i guessed about half way through. I didn't think it was that much of a surprise. Julie Andrews is just perfection as the narrator and in many ways steals the show.

For me its Jonathan Bailey as the oldest Bridgerton brother that takes the hot crown.

Reactions: 18
I loved it! I already need season 2, hurry up Netflix!

At one point I had guessed lady Whistledown correctly but I was actually surprised it was revealed.

I don’t really care about historical accuracy or costume etc, imo that’s not what the show is trying to be.

Reactions: 8
I LOVE this!! The music all being modern artists played classically, it’s like a Georgian Gossip Girl XOXO

Absolutely loved it, I binged it in 2 days! It’s like a period drama Gossip Girl. Also Jonathan Bailey is hottttttt 😍
Just noticed you said this too! 100%

Reactions: 5
The book series is well worth a read if you liked the TV series, It’s better IMO (and I did enjoy the show!)

There are so many intelligent stories in the Romance novel world that would make great TV shows or movies, and it’s great to see Netflix and Shondaland take a chance on Julia Quinn’s series. She wrote the first book around 2000 I think, and they’re beloved in the romance novel world. Which is super active online by the way -Twitter, FB, IG etc. My favourite site to check book reviews in the genre before I buy is Smart witches Trashy Books.

Quick correction to someone who mentioned this being the Georgian period, strictly speaking its actually early Regency. The Prince Regent was given his position/role in 1811, after his father was declared insane, and the books begin in 1813.

I loved little historical details like Queen Charlotte preferring an older style of dress (she did!) interspersed with the obviously more creative license elements, like the colours chosen for the fashions and the modern music score etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 10