Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Francesca has social anxiety they need to do a better job of representing it. At the moment she has zero personality and just seems indifferent to everything

Reactions: 1
If Francesca has social anxiety they need to do a better job of representing it. At the moment she has zero personality and just seems indifferent to everything
I've got an anxiety disorder and felt pretty seen and yeah I've been told I come across as aloof or cold at first, so maybe that's why I like her. I thought she lit up when John showed up.

I saw it floated around that she might be neurodivergent. Will be interesting to see if that's explored more aand how the next 4 episodes deal with her.

Not a fan of them making us wait almost a month and also don't get what the point of it was. It's not fully a month so if you were to get Netflix right now, you could watch the second drop within that single month of membership so... What was the point?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Agree it seems busy this season. I thought I was missing something with Colin but seems I’m not alone in finding him cringey.

I haven’t seen a single positive comment about Colin or the actor in various forums 😁 he’s not even providing a sensational hotness factor it seems, unlike the previous two leading gentlemen. Sad that the chemistry between him and Nicola hasn’t improved at all.

Reactions: 2
I think colin is just a bad actor tbh. He's got away with it before, but now he I'd the focus it is really showing

Reactions: 6
Agree it seems busy this season. I thought I was missing something with Colin but seems I’m not alone in finding him cringey.
I took it as we were meant to find him cringey cause, like Violet tells him, he's wearing an armor and pretending to be someone he is not?

I try to be understanding but then again, the threesome scene was laughable.

Reactions: 4
Francesca comes across to me like she just finds the whole pretence during those lavish social events a complete faff and waste of time, I agree! :LOL:

Reactions: 7
I have to be honest that was really disappointing. Such a shame because I’ve been looking forward to it for weeks!

Cressida Cowper is about the most interesting story line.

I’d have liked to have seen more genuine friendship between Colin and Pen, and see them really having fun and a laugh together. There was somehow too much of them, but also not enough? Colin was mega cringe!

Reactions: 8
I’m watching it now and bleeping hell Colin is making my skin crawl. He is neither suave nor good looking so I don’t know why they’re trying to portray him as some kind of stud.

Reactions: 8
They are quite a sexless couple. They'd have been better to lean into the romance side of things. Not every couple has to be steamy (and tbh I think Bridgerton has never been that steamy in the first place, despite the hype)

Reactions: 5
Haha I'm in the minority then but I actually think Colin is hot and I do think they have chemistry.

HATE that they've split up the season, please never do that again, Netflix.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I never understood why Penelope is seen as unmarriagable to the ton, while her sister's are the most ugly and stupid characters in the show and have husbands :LOL: if they can attract a man, anyone can!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Haha I'm in the minority then but I actually think Colin is hot and I do think they have chemistry.

HATE that they've split up the season, please never do that again, Netflix.
I don't find him attractive for myself but I do love their chemistry!!

Reactions: 5
When is the rest of it meant to be out? I miss the Duke!
Lol he turned up in S1, took his cheque, and left rather than be a background character in S2 onwards. Clever man. I wasn't really getting the hype about him, but compared to Colin... geees bring him back.
I'm not one for falling the the hottest sexiest guy, I'm a sucker for friendship-turned-romance trope but I'm not really buying the friendship between Pen and Colin. I agree with those who say Colin is cringe. He doesn't have to be sexy but he's not pulling off romantic either, for me at least.

I just can't see this series lasting until the last book. I wonder if they will try merging a couple of books into a series to get through it before all the cast disappear 🤭

I do like the sets and the costumes though, I know they are not accurate etc but the aesthetic is wonderful. That's why I'll watch but it's a one-and-done for me, definitely not a rewatch. I don't understand why there's a gap of a month to release the second half other than perhaps to avoid all 8 eps being binged in one day and everyone moving on quickly... I feel like after almost 2 years of hype it seems a little cruel to make people wait another month. I also don't rate Nicola Coughlan that much but I will hand it to her she's definitely done her fair share of hyping fans before the release.

Reactions: 4
The delay is a business move, people have to pay for two months membership, not one

Reactions: 7
I think I'm right in saying that Emily in Paris will also be "dropped" (that makes me cringe) in two separate parts? Seems to be the way forward for b bigger releases and for all the reasons everyone else has already said.

Reactions: 1
I think I'm right in saying that Emily in Paris will also be "dropped" (that makes me cringe) in two separate parts? Seems to be the way forward for b bigger releases and for all the reasons everyone else has already said.
Yeah, same with You last year. I think its the new norm for the big shows.

The delay is a business move, people have to pay for two months membership, not one
It isn't a whole month between them, so surely it would make sense to do it just over a month if that was the case?

It isn't a whole month between them, so surely it would make sense to do it just over a month if that was the case?
I'd assume they've crunched the numbers of how many members expire at what dates, how many join up prior to the start etc etc.

Reactions: 3