Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a bit confused about this series, because they’ve also moved a fair bit away from the book. The carriage scene in the book has so much build up whereas to me that was a bit…flat? Pen/Nicola looks gorgeous though 🥰

Yeah tbh I feel like this series could finish now.

The other two series had build up, feelings developing over time. This is so rushed through. Barely any reason why he suddenly developed feelings for her

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one that absolutely loved it? I think I reminded the carriage scene about 6 times 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yeah tbh I feel like this series could finish now.

The other two series had build up, feelings developing over time. This is so rushed through. Barely any reason why he suddenly developed feelings for her
I agree. I noticed each episode was written by a different person as well. When another series I watched started doing that it ruined it.
Their story is poorly executed as like you say why after all these years did he suddenly develop feelings for her ? Because she changed her hairstyle and clothing ?! As if.

Reactions: 6
I find myself much preferring the dashing and kind nature lover Mr Debling!

Reactions: 10
Am I the only one that absolutely loved it? I think I reminded the carriage scene about 6 times 🤣🤣🤣
Same. I am certain Nicola and Luke have got it on in real life. Their touchy feely behaviour at press goes beyond good PR in my view. He might have a girlfriend now but I’m not sure he did while they were filming, which was 18 months ago. There’s also a millisecond in the carriage scene where he licks her neck and I just have this feeling it was him getting carried away and not scripted.

Reactions: 4
Same. I am certain Nicola and Luke have got it on in real life. Their touchy feely behaviour at press goes beyond good PR in my view. He might have a girlfriend now but I’m not sure he did while they were filming, which was 18 months ago. There’s also a millisecond in the carriage scene where he licks her neck and I just have this feeling it was him getting carried away and not scripted.
Absolutely agree, they have so much chemistry! And it’s not the normal way a show relationship is shown at events, they just act normal. Yet Nicola and Luke can’t seem to keep their hands or eyes off each other 😳. I love it 🤣

Absolutely agree, they have so much chemistry! And it’s not the normal way a show relationship is shown at events, they just act normal. Yet Nicola and Luke can’t seem to keep their hands or eyes off each other 😳. I love it 🤣
I think back to season 1, and they were promoting during Covid so we never saw Phoebe and Rege together so it’s the only promo couple we could compare them to. Jonathan and Simone definitely never carried on so physically in press, although it’s public knowledge that he is gay. Nicola is a more experienced actor and very confident and I think he’s enamoured with her. I suspect she has a great deal of affection for him but not sure she wanted to pursue a relationship. Could be just incredible acting, but he’s not exactly an Oscar worthy actor just yet so I don’t think he could keep it up.

Even in interviews he seems so uninteresting (which is mean, given how little experience he has doing promo), but on screen he can’t translate his character‘s thoughts and feelings either. I’m sure he’ll have an amazing career after Bridgerton but I hope he can one day show what he’s capable of.

I love that he waited until she nodded before going ahead. That lives rent free in my head and put him higher in my estimations. Nicola was awful in that scene.

Even in interviews he seems so uninteresting (which is mean, given how little experience he has doing promo), but on screen he can’t translate his character‘s thoughts and feelings either. I’m sure he’ll have an amazing career after Bridgerton but I hope he can one day show what he’s capable of.
I'm not sure he will, if even the Duke from season 1 has struggled to have a breakout hit then I can't see Colin managing.

Jonathan Bailey and the guy who plays Benedict already have established theatre careers prior to Bridgerton so they'll probably be fine. But I'm not sure Colin is making enough of an impact.

I'm not sure he will, if even the Duke from season 1 has struggled to have a breakout hit then I can't see Colin managing.

Jonathan Bailey and the guy who plays Benedict already have established theatre careers prior to Bridgerton so they'll probably be fine. But I'm not sure Colin is making enough of an impact.
I wonder if Regge-Jean regrets leaving. He’s good looking and charming but that doesn’t always translate to versatility in roles or guarantee more jobs.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if Regge-Jean regrets leaving. He’s good looking and charming but that doesn’t always translate to versatility in roles or guarantee more jobs.
Financially he is probably still better off as I doubt he would have earned as much as a supporting role with much less screen time. He may have not had hits but at least he had the pay cheque, plus the modelling/ad work.

But I don't think he is going to have some massive career.

He is proof that sometimes it's the character and not just the actor himself. The Duke was *the moment* for him. It all aligned for him. I've watched all his other stuff and he is fine but he doesn't stand out and the actual movies have been tit (I still resent the hours lost to The Grey Man).

I think he could have easily managed to be back for S2 in a limited capacity and do the other things he filmed, like Jonathan Bailey did for S3. He just didn't want to, which fair enough but did feel like he thought he was better than Bridgerton and reality then took it upon itself to show him he wasn't.

Reactions: 9
I think he could have easily managed to be back for S2 in a limited capacity and do the other things he filmed, like Jonathan Bailey did for S3. He just didn't want to, which fair enough but did feel like he thought he was better than Bridgerton and reality then took it upon itself to show him he wasn't.
Tbf his role in season 2 and beyond would have been very very limited as I would understand so getting out early wasn’t that much of a bad choice

Reactions: 1