Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why they don't film back to back I don't know.
Yeah I don't get why they didn't do that.

I think there's been some turmoil internally. The show runner of the first two seasons left and even though the new one worked with him I imagine things stalled and they maybe wanted to gauge reaction to the third season under this new show runner? But they didn't count with the strike and how it'd affect post production. And then Netflix and it's nonsense of pushing it back from winter to very late spring.

Reactions: 2
I think it was a bit underwhelming but I’ve binged it regardless 😂 the actress who plays Francesca is beautiful.

Reactions: 3
I can’t get over Colin and his bouffant hair styling 😂 that wig was wigging.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I've watched the first episode, I enjoyed it enough but I'm not sure (for me) it's going to live up to S2! I remain a staunch Kanthony fan!

Colin definitely can't pull of the suave rakish vibes...I think mainly because you can see Luke Newton thinking "must smoulder at all times" while acting!

Reactions: 8
First episode in, I already want Penelope to get with Lord Debling instead of Colin :LOL: I haven't read the books, so I don't know if he's a scoundrel or not yet, but she deserves someone who notices her as she is without having to play games to get suitors attention

Reactions: 9
There’s something wrong with this but I can’t put my finger on what it is. It should be a lot better than it is. Maybe editing, I don’t know. I find myself thinking ‘oh yeah, forgot about that part’ all the time. Just doesn’t flow properly.

Nicola still comes across as very young.

I really enjoyed it - wasn't a huge fan of S2 but this season I am on board with 🤷🏻‍♀️ wish they'd released all the episodes in one go though - annoying to have to wait for second half!!

Reactions: 7
I've watched the first 2 epsisodes.There seems to be alot of stories going on and I'm struggling a bit with Colin at the moment, he's no Duke. But overall I really like it.

I really can’t be arsed with it at all, I turned it off halfway through episode two. Colin is absolutely ridiculous, too made up, too coiffed and far too dull (and don’t get me started on his threesome scene, he must have paid them!) while Penelope is a horrible person who seems simultaneously determined to be both a complete victim but also a bitchy backstabber.
I think Eloise would’ve told Colin that Penelope was lady whistledown, i just don’t think she wouldn’t have that much loyalty left to her to keep her secret.
I think ultimately, I just don’t give a duck about either of the main characters. Kate has irritated me intensely with every scene she’s in ‘let’s do something for ourselves for once’ indeed 🙄 Francesca just seems super boring so far, albeit ever so pretty. Eloise is, as she always was, a bit of a rude cow.
The only one saving the season is Benedict!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Please can someone refresh my memory to save me having to go back to S2. Where did the Featherington money come from? Was it an old Aunt or was it the Whistledown money? Does Lady Featherington know that Pen is lady W? Ta.

Please can someone refresh my memory to save me having to go back to S2. Where did the Featherington money come from? Was it an old Aunt or was it the Whistledown money? Does Lady Featherington know that Pen is lady W? Ta.
I think only elouise knows pen is lady w.

Can't remember re the money

I enjoyed it more than I thought I was. Wasn't looking forward to these 2 really.
Colin does not suit what they're going for. Verges on cringe.

I agree that there are too many storylines going on at once though.

Reactions: 4
I enjoyed it more than I thought I was. Wasn't looking forward to these 2 really.
Colin does not suit what they're going for. Verges on cringe.

I agree that there are too many storylines going on at once though.
Wonder if this is because they realised that Colin wasn't going to quite hit the mark so needed some distractions 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the several storylines are in the hopes of having viewers get hooked on these "new" but also familiar characters (new in the sense they hadn't been the focus, like Violet and Francesca, the other Featheringtons, the Mondriches and even to a point Cressida), while they're still watching a show that looks very similar to how it started, only Daphne and the Duke have really departed. Because I expect season 4 will have very little or no Penelope, Anthony, Kate, and perhaps even Colin. So the cast will be shrinking in a way, and it's best to get us invested in these other characters now.

Of course some also make sense in terms of the books. Francesca does get married early on, because her book takes place once she's already been married for a bit. I don't find her dull, I think she has social anxiety and would love to see that well represented.

Also, there's the fact that this season had to do less to establish the characters because they're characters we already knew. S1 introduced us to everyone, S2 to the Sharmas. But the main couple here was established, we knew them and therefore there's less screen time for establishing their personalities and goals and problems.

My very lengthy two cents.

Reactions: 9
one thing that jarred with me was how awful the acting was, particularly minor female characters talking about what they want in a husband.
Im a drama teacher and I teach kids who could have acted all these actors out the park!