Bridgerton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got tickets to watch the first episode early tonight and even though it’s only 2 days early, I’m so excited!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve said before that I wasn’t excited for this season, but I have to say Nicola‘s amazing promo work has done it 😁 that woman has worked tirelessly to drum up excitement for this season and managed to make me almost forget the negative energy between her and whatshisface in previous seasons. Let’s hope that the writing helps them and that there aren’t too many plot holes (like, will Pen continue to scheme as Lady W while being with Colin?? etc.)

Reactions: 4
I am fangirling Nicola. She is afterall sausage girl go and seems very down to earth while enjoying her success.

Reactions: 2
Watched the first episode and it was all pretty flat. None of the newer characters have any charisma, and the same for Pen and Colin who also have zero chemistry. Colin is a good looking guy, but he can't pull off 'man of the world'

Reactions: 5
Watched the first episode and it was all pretty flat. None of the newer characters have any charisma, and the same for Pen and Colin who also have zero chemistry. Colin is a good looking guy, but he can't pull off 'man of the world'
Nooo this is exactly what I feared :( I’ll start watching tonight, hopefully there’ll be something good. The Polin chemistry was always bound to be a problem sadly. I watched a few interviews yesterday and while fun, you can tell that they don’t have any chemistry.

Reactions: 1
Nooo this is exactly what I feared :( I’ll start watching tonight, hopefully there’ll be something good. The Polin chemistry was always bound to be a problem sadly. I watched a few interviews yesterday and while fun, you can tell that they don’t have any chemistry.
It might get better. Tbh I think the main reason I liked season 1 was it's different and lockdowns. Season 2 was all about Jonathan Bailey. So season 3 was always going to be a struggle.

The only decent/interesting character left is Benedict

Watched it, loved the 10 minutes of Kate/Anthony and Francesca/John made a sweet couple (and yes I know what happens in the books lol). Nicola is beautiful but I came out of it thinking that she should have married the other bloke who seemed rather nice than Colin who rotated between looking gormless and shagging around. Also thought the Kate/Anthony sex scene was much sexier than the much hyped Colin/Pen scene in the carriage.

This is the problem when a book series is filmed, the actors want to move on but there's still like 5 books left, and interest wanes.

I haven't seen it yet but I'll try ep1 and see. I think they got lucky in lockdown as people were hyped to have something new to watch but it's been 3/4 years now and people are moving on.

I'll be the voice of dissent and say I really enjoyed it and liked that Penelope-Colin's chemistry was sweeter for lack of a better word. It's a different kind of romance.
---
I do think they pushed up Colin-Pen's season because Nicola wants to leave. Doubt we'll see much of her in coming seasons if at all.

Watched the second episode, it was a bit better. The featherington sisters did make me laugh, Pen is more likeable but Colin, I think he just isn't a great actor tbh

Yeah Nicola said she’ll be in season 4 (if they actually get one) but probably in a very limited role.
The problem is that streaming services and their weird shooting and release schedules make it hard for the actors to move on. They shot this season in 2022 and had to wait until now for its release. A fourth season hasn’t been officially announced so who knows when that would get made. We’re looking at another 2-3 years commitment, so I get why the leads of one season are looking to leave.

Watched it, loved the 10 minutes of Kate/Anthony and Francesca/John made a sweet couple (and yes I know what happens in the books lol). Nicola is beautiful but I came out of it thinking that she should have married the other bloke who seemed rather nice than Colin who rotated between looking gormless and shagging around. Also thought the Kate/Anthony sex scene was much sexier than the much hyped Colin/Pen scene in the carriage.

The other guy has just come on the scene, and they have better chemistry than her and Colin

Yeah Nicola said she’ll be in season 4 (if they actually get one) but probably in a very limited role.
The problem is that streaming services and their weird shooting and release schedules make it hard for the actors to move on. They shot this season in 2022 and had to wait until now for its release. A fourth season hasn’t been officially announced so who knows when that would get made. We’re looking at another 2-3 years commitment, so I get why the leads of one season are looking to leave.
Just to say the 4th season is confirmed, they confirmed the 3rd and 4th simultaneously. It's not been announced when they would film, though.

Just to say the 4th season is confirmed, they confirmed the 3rd and 4th simultaneously. It's not been announced when they would film, though.
Why they don't film back to back I don't know.

Reactions: 8
I felt like they were trying to cram too much into such a short time and so didn’t get much build up between Pen and Colin. It was like just all of a sudden and so much air time for other characters and what they were doing. Majority of season 1 focused on Daphne and the Duke so you felt a bit more part of the journey - here I felt like I just saw a highlight reel

Season 2 was actually like that too, there was a lot more focus on the Featheringtons and Eloise than on Kate and Anthony. Their amazing chemistry made up for it, but a season about Pen and Colin needs some build up.

Reactions: 1
There doesn't seem to be one focus this series. Multiple people seem to be sharing the focus