Brianna Ghey murder trial #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well even if Brianna didn’t think she had any friends, she does have fellows making TikToks about her, with pics and vids of them together. I feel possibly some children might of thought Brianna as a friend. Theres lots of conflicting statements made that contradict who Brianna actually was.

Reactions: 7
I wondered about that too, apparently Brianna had no friends, bit then all their friends were at the funeral?
It's confusing.

Reactions: 2
It's interesting how Esther has only said she wants to meet Scarlet's Mum but has not mentioned Eddie's. I wonder why.

She is saying she wants to bring mindfulness into schools. It's been in schools for a long time. A bit of mindfulness is not going to change how feral kids are becoming.

Reactions: 11
It's interesting how Esther has only said she wants to meet Scarlet's Mum but has not mentioned Eddie's. I wonder why.

She is saying she wants to bring mindfulness into schools. It's been in schools for a long time. A bit of mindfulness is not going to change how feral kids are becoming.
Maybe because Brianna viewed Scarlett as a friend, whereas Eddie didn't know her at all before that day.

Reactions: 6

Yep. I am made to do 'mindfulness' at the school I work out. We can't do anything particularly meaningful as I have several children with additional needs and they haven't got the support they need and deserve and need so they often loud and disruptive. My classroom is not a place for effective mindfulness. Essentially we do some calming colouring occasionally or watch a calming video. Which is of no benefit to anyone.

She would be MUCH better off campaigning for adequate SEN and mental health support for all children as with this I believe Brianna's story could have been different. Obviously Brianna needed support but arguable so did Scarlett and definitely Eddie. Things could have been very different if schools weren't so overstretched.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I just can’t get my head around her mum campaigning for teenagers to not have access to social media…. But her child was sexualised all over social media? Clearly not monitored at all and free to do what she likes.

I find it so hypocritical, like pot meet kettle?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I just can’t get my head around her mum campaigning for teenagers to not have access to social media…. But her child was sexualised all over social media? Clearly not monitored at all and free to do what she likes.

I find it so hypocritical, like pot meet kettle?
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? I'm sure at some point Esther has looked back over what Brianna posted online and thought maybe she should have had monitored her online presence a bit more, hence the campaigning now. It's also a case of "easier said than done". I can see what she's trying to achieve, but I don't know how enforceable it would be in reality. You can't police everything a teenager does, even if you try. Sometimes, monitoring too much will just cause them to rebel, I've seen it in my own family.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? I'm sure at some point Esther has looked back over what Brianna posted online and thought maybe she should have had monitored her online presence a bit more, hence the campaigning now. It's also a case of "easier said than done". I can see what she's trying to achieve, but I don't know how enforceable it would be in reality. You can't police everything a teenager does, even if you try. Sometimes, monitoring too much will just cause them to rebel, I've seen it in my own family.
I caught my daughter posting inappropriate things on Snapchat when she was 14. She was then banned from Snapchat while she was under my roof. Only social media she was allowed as a teen was instagram (when it was just a picture app) and Pinterest. Before I let her download Snapchat, she was made aware of the rules and consequences of abusing it and I followed through.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My 7 year old asked for tik tok yesterday. How on earth he knows about it is beyond me! I was so shocked and said absolutely no way. It terrifies me that one day I won't be able to control his internet usage.

Reactions: 9
I think when a child dies young (especially in very tragic circumstances such as this) their parents often want to improve things for other children to reduce the likelihood of it happening again. Which I understand, because if you can achieve some change for the good, then their death wasn't in vain. Also it gives them something to channel their energy into.

Unfortunately I think some of Esther's proposals just aren't workable in practice, though I fully understand why she's made the suggestions she has. It feels like trying to put the genie back into the bottle.

My brother was telling me that he and his wife just aren't going to give my nephew a smartphone because once you do, you can't really take it away, plus restricting usage becomes hard. He knows he'll want a phone before long, but he's just going to be firm and say no. He also won't get him a tablet yet either.

Reactions: 20
It is difficult to find a happy place when it comes to helping teenagers navigate social media, especial ND teenagers. Of course it's understandable that they want to be on the same platforms as their friends, there's a lot of peer pressure and they don't want to feel left out but our job as parents is to protect and guide our kids which is where I think the failings are. Many many kids are just left to get on with it and yes of course they'll hide things from us and not be completely honest about some things but keeping the lines of communication open is key as is being prepared to make regular judgement calls on their safety, privacy and independence as they grow. I think, whilst clearly well intended, Esther's campaign is neither achievable or advisable. A controversial opinion I'm sure but I don't necessarily think SM is a bad thing when used properly. My child has SEND and struggles with friendships at times. SM has given her the chance to speak to other ND children who she otherwise wouldn't have been in contact with and has helped widen her little world. She also gets a huge amount of enjoyment and comfort watching her favourite tiktokers and instagrammers.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Mine will be told very very strictly that until they are at least 15/16 their phones and Internet usage will be very strictly monitored. They already are, neither of mine are allowed games (Fortnite, Roblox) etc that their friends are allowed because as a parent that's the choice I've made.

People bang on about privacy but to me it's about safety. I didn't have a mobile phone growing up and I had privacy in different ways. If Scarlett's or Eddies parents had checked their phones/internet usage, they would have had an idea of how screwed up their children were becoming. I am fairly certain the police reports made it clear the messages weren't hidden.

Reactions: 15
Someone mentioned about the vigil in Warrington and talking about that.
There was a little build up stage and speakers. Two black tents where family and friends were. Multiple press there videoing and taking pictures. They were asking people for comments, a few declined.
On the stage was a TV with the same 5/6 pictures that have been released to the press on a cycle.
There were some speeches from the council, someone from Warrington Wolves, Birchwood high School headteacher said how difficult Brianna was at school and how she struggled with it, about 4/5 friends. 2 of which sung a song. One song was 'somewhere over the rainbow", which coincidentally on the walk home, there was a rainbow.
Esther came out at the end for about a minute. She was clearly emotional and said she wasn't sure she would have been able to come out today to speak but felt if Brianna's friends could, then she could.
It was all very calm and sombre. There were approx 2/300 there.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well even if Brianna didn’t think she had any friends, she does have fellows making TikToks about her, with pics and vids of them together. I feel possibly some children might of thought Brianna as a friend. Theres lots of conflicting statements made that contradict who Brianna actually was.
I’ve noticed certain members of the trans brigade on social media who clearly have not followed the case or trial properly whatsoever like to paint the picture that Brianna was this meek individual with no friends who was constantly ostracised and bullied because it fits their narrative - I saw one tweet where someone mentioned Brianna and then proceeded to rant about how there is a “trans genocide” happening and that trans people are being murdered on the streets on a daily basis. Brianna did have friends - a group of them were interviewed on North West tonight when the trial was over and they spoke at her vigil. I’ve seen a few of her Tik Toks too and again, in some she was with friends. If anything, Scarlett Jenkinson appears to have been the one with no friends. Even before everyone knew who she was, she had barely any likes or comments on her social media posts, no photos of her out or doing anything fun with friends. I honestly find it sickening that people ( no one on here) are still continuing to use this poor child to push an agenda - just leave it alone and let her rest in peace.

Reactions: 24
Yep. I am made to do 'mindfulness' at the school I work out. We can't do anything particularly meaningful as I have several children with additional needs and they haven't got the support they need and deserve and need so they often loud and disruptive. My classroom is not a place for effective mindfulness. Essentially we do some calming colouring occasionally or watch a calming video. Which is of no benefit to anyone.

She would be MUCH better off campaigning for adequate SEN and mental health support for all children as with this I believe Brianna's story could have been different. Obviously Brianna needed support but arguable so did Scarlett and definitely Eddie. Things could have been very different if schools weren't so overstretched.
Absolutely.

Campaigning to have a Counsellor in every school and train them to be able to provide mindfulness lessons would be far better.

Im tired of how much people seem to think teaching this that and the other at school is always the answer when really we already do what we can with a limited budget.

I teach a SEN class and they’ve all had bad experiences of mainstream because of lack of funding and training

• Heart
Reactions: 17

@anonxoxocat wrote:

" just been doing some general sleuthing & it seems to me that scarlett & eddie were actually a lot closer than i thought. scarlett is the one of the only people outside of family & generic accounts (instagtam, sony etc) that eddie followed on instagram, and he follows her on two of her accounts. she liked nearly every single one of his posts, and he has photos of her dog up. these posts are from 2019. scarlett tagged eddie alone in almost all of her selfies from 2019-2020."

Where can you see all this?

Do any social media accounts of Scarlett and Eddie (or any of their family members) still not been taken down?

Reactions: 1
Randomly came across this on tiktok. Was a scarelett request. Do you think she was a bit more into Eddie then just a friend?

Attachments