Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

queenamber

VIP Member
Even the Judge mentioned Girl X saving Boy Y in her phone as "Tesco John Wick"

Why?! They're just cheapening their arguments.

Reactions: 2
Out of everything you heard you found those comments the most sickening? What about cutting out her eyes because they were so pretty. Or is that ok because it acknowledges Brianna’s identity.
When did I say that comment was ok?

Read my comment again and you'll see that I don't think the murder was because she was trans, but the comments made about her would still be sickening for her loved ones to hear. I found them sickening, maybe you found others more so. That's your opinion. I have mine.

Inghamtat

The reality of this is, due to the killers age etc they will most likely not be named, granted anonymity and maybe even possibly given new identities after release.

• Angry

CoopsLoops

Can Brianna's family make a complaint about Y's barrister? As others have said, he is making an absolute mockery of the case and his flair for theatrics is, in my opinion, really disrespectful to Brianna and her family. Can't get over the meal deal comment. I'm surprised Yip has allowed it.
They could, to the bar standards board if they thought he was bringing the profession into disrepute.

I don't think he said anything that qualifies for that though. Bear in mind that reading what he said is a different experience to hearing his tone and seeing his body language, hopefully it didn't come across as disrespectful in person.

I did find it awkward that he suggested Girl X's mother could have washed her clothing and therefore disposed of evidence, I wouldn't be happy about that if I was the mother, but I can understand why he did!

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Yes I agree there is a wider issue here but I also agree with previous discussion that Brianna being trans was not the reason for this crime. Boy Y’s comments are an aggravating factor but the initial introduction of Brianna into the mix was by girl X who did not appear to be transphobic. I don’t agree with Brianna being utilised as a political tool to forward an agenda but there certainly is an inequity here that is a separate discussion
It wasn’t the reason but it was a factor. It’s always a factor.

Square Peg

I understand the comments about protecting others, however most of us already know their names because of how easy it is to find out. I imagine you’d be hard pressed to find someone locally who doesn’t know who they or the families are too.

Unfortunately, if people are going to drag innocent siblings and other potential victims into this, they’re going to find ways to do it whether or not they’re legally named.
That’s probably true

CoopsLoops

Exactly. We can’t pick and choose which ones we name. The law should be the same in all cases otherwise where do you draw the line?! It’s a dangerous road to go down.
Do you mean that all defendants, including those under 18, should be named from the start of their trial?

Because all defendants who are 18+ are named, and all those who are under 18 and found guilty can be named when they turn 18.

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud here, but in Feb once the names are made public will the school have a lot of media presence or no? Like reporters trying to speak to kids or are there rules about speaking to minors?

Square Peg

The Mum. If you’ve looked at Girl X’s Facebook page, her Grandad has commented on a photo. Her mum has the same surname as the Grandad.

People have started commenting on Girl X’s Instagram photos as well…..
She looks a lot younger than I expected, or I’m just old

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I don’t backup my phone to the cloud, I still do it manually via my laptop. But I’m 32 so maybe the younger generations use the cloud more often

Whataday21

VIP Member
No, snapchat doesn't back up to the cloud and if girl X deleted the chats on her side then they would've deleted for Brianna too
Girl X did delete her snaps, the ones with Nathan and B - they were able to retrieve them through the snapchat server which is where they are stored incase of legal cases like this one.

80schild

I’m GC too. But I think it’s probably a natural fear, due to how much of a bashing GC people get and all the lies and misunderstandings around our GC views. We are seen to want a trans genocide, that we support killing and torture of those with gender dysphoria and loads of other abhorrent shit. But that couldn’t be further from the truth.
What is GC? Sorry for my ignorance

blueyfan3684

VIP Member
Thanks for answering @blueyfan3684

I think naming under-18s when found guilty has to be taken on a case by case basis. There needs to be that leeway in case there are exceptional circumstances.
What do you class as exceptional circumstances then? Because I don’t see any reason in this case for them not to be named. I don’t believe it will hugely affect the other victims (people on the list) as they wouldn’t be identifiable purely from the public knowing who X and Y are. I don’t think the families should be taken into consideration as, like mentioned previously, this is surely the case for all those affected by any murder conviction.

It’s an exceptional case in terms of the violence and circumstances yes but I don’t think that warrants anonymity. I think the opposite in fact.

blueyfan3684

VIP Member
Are we allowed to refer to them by their names now they’ve been convicted? As it’s not going to interfere with a trial or anything so not illegal? Not going to but just wondering.

CoopsLoops

I believe one of those criteria is aiding and abetting. Since she facilitated the meet between Y and Brianna, I guess the judge has to say it for the sake of saying it but it's clear as day.
The criteria is officially defined as “assisting or encouraging”.

I think Girl X meets the criteria but I don’t think it’s clear as day from her arranging the meet, there needs to be more than that, which imo there is. Joint enterprise is historically problematic (although the interpretation of it has legally been changed/defined).

If both are found guilty, there may be discussion in sentencing as to whether both were “principals” - did the physical act of killing - or there was only one principal and the other had secondary liability.

I agree @Shinythings that there’s evidence Girl X was making her fantasy real with regard to Brianna. That’s why I said I think she’ll be found guilty.
---

blueyfan3684

VIP Member
Daily Mail already spinning their own narratives🙄

---
I searched her name and found nothing. Are there any clues you could give me, like her profile picture?
If you find the boys profile, the girl is easy to find through his tags.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha

jammybee

This is true and I didn't realise it at the time. I still think it's entirely far-fetched and speculative.

It's absolutely gross to even visualise such a thing, but if you wanted to assess the size of a male teenager's genitals, would you really rummage through their bloodied clothes as they lay dying? Like... this is getting into the most uncomfortable territory, but what would you even be able to tell by looking at the body of someone bleeding to death?

I know we are dealing with two teenagers capable of horrific acts, but Boy Y also seems matter of fact, pedantic and scientific in a way. I don't know if even he would think it made sense to try to judge the size of someone's penis by rooting through their garments as they lay face down in the mud, after stabbing them 28 times, while a member of the public approached you and your accomplice.

The whole line of enquiry is sick and bizarre.
---

I think a point that may have been lost is that Boy Y had the hair and goatee of Keanu Reeves' character in the movies.
---

Come on, though - you know that none of us can take it up with anyone who's currently in court. We can only discuss this among ourselves. You can't legitimately tell someone on Tattle 'don't argue with me, argue with the judge if you disagree.'
Yea re John Wick there’s a likeness - I agree.