Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Square Peg

What a disgusting, ridiculous comment. I quite proud of the fact I'm a TERF, and I'd have found them guilty. I've hoped from the start that they both spend the rest of their lives in prison.

How DARE you talk about "suiting a narrative" and then imply its us that would let two child murderers go free for a laugh. What a disgrace.
What is a Terf exactly?

Reactions: 1
Firstly, apologies re- my earlier social media comment, I'm too long in the tooth for Tik Tok.

BIB - public interest is, and always should be, irrelevant in cases like this. It is not a feasible reason for releasing their identities into the public domain.
So am I, but my daughter just told me the same - you can find their names in seconds on TikTok. I wonder if that will have an impact on the decision.

• Sad

thegirlscout

VIP Member
As they are under 18 they haven’t been tried as adults right? I feel the seriousness of this case should be that they get a very long sentence. If it’s something like 20 years that is nothing.

BarryEvansHun

Lots of really good points.... Will X really keep schtum if she gets a new identity, possibly not. Is public safety paramount, yes absolutely but we just don't know at the moment how things will pan out. In 20 years time, supported and rehabilitated in prison, it might be different. We have no idea what her family life is like - it could be really truly awful and she may benefit massively from being away from all of that. The same for him of course too.

The impact this will have on the families is indeed huge, especially the siblings. I am really really torn.

But as @JombleWomble says, I'll fully respect whatever justice Yip decides. She's obviously far more in the know that anyone and will have a team around her to help her decide. I hope she's not under too much pressure to decide too quickly.
True. Robert’s and Venables life improved significantly when they were convicted as their home life was so dire.
---
Everyone deserves a second chance if it’s not putting the public at risk. I’m not sure I could believe (Girl X especially) being fully rehabilitated. I’m fed up of these cases where criminals get released because boo hoo “they have human rights too and deserve another chance” and then go on to commit more offences. I think parole boards have a lot to answer for. Especially the scum that is Venables - he should never have been released, especially not after being recalled!

This isn’t aimed at you but I’m just quoting your response to rant!
I can’t remember if they got life sentences or just the 8 years? Although X and Y won’t be locked up for life they will be on licence forever.

Whataday21

VIP Member
Surely they must mean THC gummies, in which case why weren't the police called? And if they were called, did nothing happen?

thegirlscout

VIP Member
The Mum. If you’ve looked at Girl X’s Facebook page, her Grandad has commented on a photo. Her mum has the same surname as the Grandad.

People have started commenting on Girl X’s Instagram photos as well…..
What’s her instagram handle?

Eddypeter

VIP Member
Not sure how to word my question, I understand the jury don’t have to work out which one did what but why not?
I can see they are both guilty from what the jury has to decide on but why won’t they decided if either is guilty of the actual act? Surely the sentences would be different? Or is it because they just blamed each other and there literally is no way of knowing or working it out?

CoopsLoops

Mitigation and the consideration of aggravating factors is going to be gnarly.

Or rather, the discussion about it will be!

Whataday21

VIP Member
If found guilty she won’t get any other charges except the one they are trying her for, murder. The definition of murder is a person of sound mind who unlawfully kills another human being under the kings peace with intent to kill. Her involvement proves intent. If the CPS were not confident they could convict her of murder, they would have her in court for a lesser charge. I think due to the circumstances of this case and her involvement, charging her with assisting an offender would not make sense. She did so much more than just assist Y to commit murder.
I meant assisting in the way the judge worded it. The mere act of assisting or encouraging carries the same charge under joint enterprise. One or both stabbed, one or both assisted - thats it, they don't have to show who did what to apply the same charge.

Jasminexx02

VIP Member
It was being discussed as a possibility of having happened because the prosecution claimed it was a possibility given Boy Y expressed the intent of wanting to do exactly that, and there was witness evidence he was bending down/kneeling by Brianna.

Seriously, why are you trying to undermine evidence?
You’re literally the person who said you wouldn’t be surprised if he had looked under Brianna’s skirt. I’ve already made my feelings on that clear so I’m not going to repeat them and I’m not going to argue with you as I think it’s clear you have a vastly different opinion to mine here.

Whataday21

VIP Member
It’s joint enterprise. He may not have done it on his own, she may not have done it on her own but together they agreed to do it and together they did it.
Yup which is why even if they say she has secondary liability, she will still get the same or a very similar sentence.