Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CoopsLoops

Fair points but why bother with that last line? I’m neurodivergent myself. Just because someone disagrees doesn’t mean they have ‘little understanding of the conditions’🙄
Because you hadn't said you were neurodivergent - if you had and I missed it, I apologise - and you hadn't shown much understand (other than saying that you understood, which isn't the same), and I wasn't just talking about you.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

MOHO

I'm confused I thought their identities were already know, ive seen many accounts sharing their name and pictures on various social medias

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Would Justice Yip allow their names to be released because it’s all over the internet or do judges not that take into account?
---
A personality disorder is literally useless though. What will it actually achieve?
Do you mean the diagnosis of one?

Tumbleweed

VIP Member
As they are under 18 they haven’t been tried as adults right? I feel the seriousness of this case should be that they get a very long sentence. If it’s something like 20 years that is nothing.
Thank you for sharing the information about Mary Bell. I’ve read a little on her case over the years but I wasn’t aware of her background. It’s interesting to know.
I wasn't aware of the details of the Mary Bell case either. Quite a sad case.

Narcissus

If anyone has seen the kickboxing Facebook page that is quite clearly owned by Y’s family member, there are photos on there of a teenage boy who looks VERY similar to the school photo of Boy Y…….
It is an older photo as his hair short now…

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
This ‘selective mutism’ that the boy has ‘developed’ during the trial. He spoke during his police interviews. Then started becoming quieter, then stopped speaking. Now he’s autistic. He’s definately something, and buying a boy a knife as a gift by parent is an act of insanity in this day and age. The girl has used the boys mutism defence as a way to copy her defence and slip out of it. Although, I believe the girl to have been the main protagonist and instigator of the murder, she saw his weakness and wanted a sidekick.
It wasn’t a hate crime, and any time wasted on trying to prove it was detracted from gathering evidence for the murder, and more importantly nailing down the killer. But hey. They will both be free by the time they are 25. So some fun time in a youth offending centre until they are 21, if they can prove mental incapacity, Play Station 5, and Trips to the seaside like Bulgers killers enjoyed.
He gave evidence at the trial though. I don’t see how him being unable to speak gave girl X a way to “slip out of it” his evidence on the stand was he saw her stabbing B.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
But this isn’t about his capability of committing the crime. Contrary to popular belief, neurodiverse people are not in a one size fits all box and are perfectly capable of doing awful things just like everybody else. Clearly he did commit the crime and he does have autism so that just throws what you’re saying out the window. If we want to live in a world where neurodiverse people are treated fairly in a society build by and for neurotypical people then accommodations need to be made even in cases where the neurodiverse person has done something horrific.
I’m not talking about neurodiversity as a whole I am just talking about him. How can he do all this planning and go through doing something horrific and trying to hide it but find a trial arduous?

Reactions: 2

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
This extract seems to suggest that you couldn’t, for example, charge X with a hate crime when it was only Y that made comments relating to Brianna’s identity. I don’t think that means CPS couldn’t charge Y independently if they had enough evidence.
Just to confirm, that's exactly what its saying.

I don't have a particularly strong view as to whether it should be tried as a hate crime, I just wanted to share some facts around it.

Whataday21

VIP Member
Judging by the stories I hear from teacher friends I’d be astounded if this came near the threshold of ringing the police, and doubly so if the police actually responded.
I'd say dealing drugs to minors is a pretty serious crime. How much more worse can it possibly get? What next? She brings speed in and starts dealing that?

blueyfan3684

VIP Member
Do we know whether the press asked for the release of the X and Y interview footage yesterday? And if they didn’t ask does that mean we’ll never get to see it? Not sure how these things work.