Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Boris is a bare faced lying narcissistic psychopath. If he told me it was raining outside I’d go to the window and check. I don’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He’s full of shit.

The Tories are desperately trying to spin this as a great victory to try and divert us all from the mess they’ve made of handling Covid.
Boris is as shallow as a puddle ,he's no backbone ...It wouldn't surprise me if he backs out of the deal in a few months time .

Reactions: 6

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Another Brexit benefit is you get to go for a dip in your own 💩🤢
It's infuriating, it really is. Where has the respect gone for the country as a whole and the environment of this country? We all have to live here. It looks horrendous to see these stories, which no doubt will be reported globally. I despise most of our politicians, I really do.

IrishName

VIP Member
It sounds minor but I think the fact that the public calls him “Boris” is actually a problem. He’s not our mate, and it lets people forget that he’s meant to be an elder statesman and behave like one and be effective as one.

He’s a good campaigner but a bad governor and he gets away with so much because the public feel this bizarre affection towards him when really he’s plainly doing a shocking job and letting us all down. It’s of course a stupidly difficult job, but he chose it and regardless of whether anyone else would do better, he is fucking it up.

Calling him Boris instead of PM Johnson, Mr Johnson or just Johnson always has the effect of diminishing the seriousness of what’s happening. He’s not some naughty schoolboy or that character from work. He’s the Prime Minister. I wish people (generally, not directing this to anyone specific here) would realise this instead of just watching him bumble his way around the most significant challenges of our lifetimes.

Completely agree but it is a clever tactic to make him seem like a loveable, harmless, clown-like character.

The BBC set the Johnson PM train rolling the first time they had him on HIGNFY and lauded him has hilariously British.

In what way?
Supplies, fuel and food.

jazyblu

Chatty Member
We could have just had Theresa May’s deal a year and a half ago and saved the last 18month shitshow during a pandemic, never mind all the wasted resources brexit has taken up in that time. The last year and a half of negotiating were a complete waste of time.

The King in the North

People voted simply due to immigration. Now everyone is going to be shafted, here's hoping it only affects those that voted for Brexit, but that's a rare moment.

• Sick

If you say so...

Chatty Member
I knew that leavers would blame the pandemic as soon as it started :LOL: they will never ever admit that Brexit has only made things more expensive and put more barriers in place in terms of trade, travel etc. They will always blame something else rather than see it for what it is.

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Brilliant news that since leaving the EU we have now gone up a place in the world rankings of countries we can freely travel to :) We now can move around the world better than we could before.

How is that anything to do with leaving the EU when Germany, Finland, Italy, Spain, Austria, Denmark, France, Ireland, The Netherlands, Portugal and Sweden were all placed further up while we were in the EU and also after we left?

At this point your account has to be a parody because everything you post is truly insane.

I cannot believe you are a real person, it is too depressing.

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
People were bombarded with promises from Johnson and Farage that we would get a great trade deal, friction less trade, held all the cards, unicorns etc. It was bullshit, and people fell for it.
I really do struggle that someone who's whole business was exporting live animals to the EU ever thought it was a good idea to leave.

Anyone with an average level of intelligence would know even in the best case scenario there would be months of disruption and lots of headaches for this business.

The sky journalist that stumbled across him must have been giddy with excitement when they found this jackpot :LOL: , if indeed it's the whole story. There's other articles saying that the Asian markets pay many multiples more for them than europe, so I expect there's much more to the story beyond the sky viral clip.

Reactions: 5

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
So do we think in January when the COVID vaccine needs to arrive smoothly and quickly into the country, there may be anything holding it up at the borders? 🤔

• Haha

Ensay

VIP Member
No and I don’t like the blue/black passport. I’m eligible for an Irish passport (as so many Brits are!) so I’ve started the application process. It takes ages, though.

Brexit felt like cutting our nose off to spite our face. A load of nonsense.

• Heart

Reverend

VIP Member
I think we should give this a chance. Boris said it would create jobs so let's see what they are. We've also secured 76 deals already with other countries, which is great. Boris sounded very upbeat today, and before anyone poo poos what he's done we need to give him chance to prove himself.

As for Keir criticising. I agree with other posters who say he does this without giving any ideas as to what he would have done instead.

I'm happy today. I'm giving things a chance and I will not criticise until there are any slip ups.
I wish I could be optimistic, but Johnson is an inveterate liar, and I don't think he will Prime Minister much longer.

Most of the 76 deals are the same as we had with the EU, or are worse (i.e. Japan), none are better. We cannot compete with the EU as it is much larger trading area.

Well that's very easy to say as we'll never know. I'm very unconvinced and would love to see someone credible to vote for.
The referendum was a Tory policy to keep the euro-sceptics on side, which went horribly wrong. Cameron never thought he would get a majority, the thought it would be another hung parliament.

I'm not trying to catch you out, but who would you see as credible? Farage? Ed Davey? Or someone from the past?

If you say so...

Chatty Member
At least remainers have not tried to blame everything on brexit even where it's obvious war and pandemic affected it. They can really take the moral high ground 🤣
Never heard a single remainer just throw the blame towards brexit where the war or pandemic could have had an effected a situation, in my experience remainers can articulate their points well without mud slinging and belittling the other side. Brexiters will always scrape around for nonsensical excuses and pious putdowns rather than admit the reality is that we aren't more prosperous and life isn't better outside of the EU. I desperately hoped to be proven wrong after the result of the brexit vote, and I am yet to hear a single argument to show me how we are better off.

• Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I thought you had no control of your own borders while in the EU, and yet all these not-sovereign states can quickly close their borders to us without an EU approval 🤔

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I give up on Brexit, primarily because even when everything has been resolved, it really wont. Whatever rules and regulations are ultimately announced, they will be broken in the fullness of time.

I fear for the UK and the EU. The more I read from independent news media, the more I am beginning to realise what a complete mind-fuck both parties are heading for, especially for the EU and how it is slowly beginning to unravel with countries like Poland, Italy and Spain wanting their own sovereignty and self-determination while also wanting to stay within the EU.

I'll be heading off to Johannesburg in a few days for a 3 month vacation with a view to moving their permanently. I realise South Africa has problems of its own, but I have to say the UK is facing a far more uncertain future which only the ordinary person should be concerned about.

Politicians come and go. But their policies will remain, and only the electorate will suffer the consequences.

Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

• Sad

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Good news for British brewers and pig farmers then!
Unfortunately it’s not that simple. Even British-based food manufacturers and farmers require various materials imported from the EU to run their businesses, their processes, feed their animals or package their food etc etc etc.

There are many products that the UK just doesn’t make; many foodstuffs that we require ingredients to be imported for, or elements of packaging etc.

monga

VIP Member
I've seen lots of stuff being posted about Brexit that I'd never considered before .I saw a vid where dairy farmers in NI were talking about how much they'll be impacted by it 35% of their milk is taken to ROI everyday for processing and distribution across the globe as it's classed as EU standard ,If there's a "no deal" the milk from NI doesn't fall under EU standards anymore so ROI can't purchase it and it has to be destroyed 45,000 cows would have to culled as they can't be milked as it's then a welfare issue on the animal.They were saying 100,000 jobs throughout Ireland in that industry alone would be lost that's a hell of a lot for a small island.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Tyla73

VIP Member
I've seen lots of stuff being posted about Brexit that I'd never considered before .I saw a vid where dairy farmers in NI were talking about how much they'll be impacted by it 35% of their milk is taken to ROI everyday for processing and distribution across the globe as it's classed as EU standard ,If there's a "no deal" the milk from NI doesn't fall under EU standards anymore so ROI can't purchase it and it has to be destroyed 45,000 cows would have to culled as they can't be milked as it's then a welfare issue on the animal.They were saying 100,000 jobs throughout Ireland in that industry alone would be lost that's a hell of a lot for a small island.
This is the problem - plenty of sources have been pointing out the many, many disastrous consequences for the last 4 years and been dismissed as 'project fear'. The information has been there but it has been constantly rubbished and dismissed. Well in a couple of months time we will all start to find out what the truth of the matter is. Personally I think Brexit is going to be a nightmare even with a deal, no deal is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. The people of this country have proved they can't cope with any kind of shortages or inconvenience when we had a few weeks of it in March so I can't imagine what's going to happen when the supermarket shelves go full Soviet in January and February. No deal Brexit is going to make 2020 look like a cake walk.

• Sad

birdiefly246

VIP Member
I don't want to carp on but I keep herring that if you cod just plaice a little bit of thought for the fishermen. They haddock it hard on the seas and kipper finding their catch to take back to their sole mates with a bream on their trout pouts.

Ok, ok, don't snapper at me or I'll clam up in my shell.
You lot are going to send me over the edge you know

• Haha