Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep the tit show will definitely be extended into next year.
Johnson, the bullshitter extraordinaire, will announce 'Today, the EU beaten and defeated by my tremendous negotiating skills'.

In a few months, all the ERG types, and Johnson himself, will be acting aghast at some of the stuff the wiley EU 'tricked' them into signing up to. But hopefully by then it will be effectively too late to backtrack.

Reactions: 1
I thought you had no control of your own borders while in the EU, and yet all these not-sovereign states can quickly close their borders to us without an EU approval 🤔

Reactions: 5
So a deal has been struck! Still trying to find a good explanation of how they’ve solved the Irish problem...

I bet it’s Brino. Expect Farage and the others to Chuck a tantrum when all the details come out.

I bet it’s Brino. Expect Farage and the others to Chuck a tantrum when all the details come out.
I'm counting on it.......

Particularly if Farage gets his Brexit/Reform/Wankers party to stand in opposition. Farage is a media bleep. He really needs to keep himself in the public for ego reasons....

Johnson apologized for interrupting cars 3, but worry not BBC one is playing the film without cutting to him 😬😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm counting on it.......

Particularly if Farage gets his Brexit/Reform/Wankers party to stand in opposition. Farage is a media bleep. He really needs to keep himself in the public for ego reasons....
I know. He needs to duck off under a rock somewhere. The racist tool.

I don’t know if anyone knows, but one of my favourite things to do when I’m bored is troll Brexiteers on Twitter. So easily triggered they are, the ones who aren’t Russian bots that is.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know. He needs to duck off under a rock somewhere. The racist tool.

I don’t know if anyone knows, but one of my favourite things to do when I’m bored is troll Brexiteers on Twitter. So easily triggered they are, the ones who aren’t Russian bots that is.
He won't, and I hope he is a constant reminder for people of the clusterfuck decision that this country made.

A lot of people voted for brexit on the basis that foreigners could be kicked up, and when they see that isn't going to happen.......

Reactions: 3
anyone have confidence in the deal? I struggle to have any confidence in Boris and his cabinet so I'm not holding my breath that the situation will get better

anyone have confidence in the deal? I struggle to have any confidence in Boris and his cabinet so I'm not holding my breath that the situation will get better
Farage has announced he will support the deal. Although, I wouldn't be surprised that he announces that it's not what he thought it would be in 6 months......

Of course Keir starmer is berating the government for doing it at the last minute (when that's how the EU always does it's deals) and saying it's a bad deal without saying how he would do it better or any credible alternative🙄. Lib Dems still being pretty quiet until it's clear what to hitch their waggon to. Scheißes the lot of them!

Reactions: 4
Farage has announced he will support the deal. Although, I wouldn't be surprised that he announces that it's not what he thought it would be in 6 months......
Farage will do anything to remain relevant.

Of course Keir starmer is berating the government for doing it at the last minute (when that's how the EU always does it's deals) and saying it's a bad deal without saying how he would do it better or any credible alternative🙄. Lib Dems still being pretty quiet until it's clear what to hitch their waggon to. Scheißes the lot of them!
If Keir Starmer had been PM at the time of the referendum I don't think we would have been in this mess.

It's a bad deal, but I'm afraid we had about as much negotiating clout as a asthmatic ant. We never held all the cards, the german car manufacturers didn't come to our aid, etc. (as the Brexiteers claimed) and we will be finding out how bad it is in the next months. It was 27 countries versus 1 who had delusions of (long pas) granduer.

The Lib Dems are an irrelevance these days. More important to see what the SNP will do.

Reactions: 2
I think we should give this a chance. Boris said it would create jobs so let's see what they are. We've also secured 76 deals already with other countries, which is great. Boris sounded very upbeat today, and before anyone poo poos what he's done we need to give him chance to prove himself.

As for Keir criticising. I agree with other posters who say he does this without giving any ideas as to what he would have done instead.

I'm happy today. I'm giving things a chance and I will not criticise until there are any slip ups.

I think we should give this a chance. Boris said it would create jobs so let's see what they are. We've also secured 76 deals already with other countries, which is great. Boris sounded very upbeat today, and before anyone poo poos what he's done we need to give him chance to prove himself.

As for Keir criticising. I agree with other posters who say he does this without giving any ideas as to what he would have done instead.

I'm happy today. I'm giving things a chance and I will not criticise until there are any slip ups.
Surely Boris Johnson has had many years to prove himself? Including a full year as PM. It’s been failure after failure. This deal is another in the long list. I won’t trust him or that lot as far as they could be thrown. The current cabinet could be looking at the sky on fire and still tell the news papers the sky was clear blue snd sunny. Liars, the lot of them.

As for Farage. He needs to just run away, like he always does. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

The Lib Dems are an irrelevance these days. More important to see what the SNP will do.
Already a lot being pushed out from SNP about how Scotland didn’t vote for Tory rule (true) didn’t vote for brexit (true) and doesn’t support this deal. Big push today, off the back of this deal, about the need for Scottish to be independent. May 21 Scottish elections will be interesting.

Reactions: 4
If Keir Starmer had been PM at the time of the referendum I don't think we would have been in this mess.
Well that's very easy to say as we'll never know. I'm very unconvinced and would love to see someone credible to vote for.

I wish I could be optimistic, but Johnson is an inveterate liar, and I don't think he will Prime Minister much longer.

Most of the 76 deals are the same as we had with the EU, or are worse (i.e. Japan), none are better. We cannot compete with the EU as it is much larger trading area.

Well that's very easy to say as we'll never know. I'm very unconvinced and would love to see someone credible to vote for.
The referendum was a Tory policy to keep the euro-sceptics on side, which went horribly wrong. Cameron never thought he would get a majority, the thought it would be another hung parliament.

I'm not trying to catch you out, but who would you see as credible? Farage? Ed Davey? Or someone from the past?