Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A recession from Covid19, and the cost of a No Deal Brexit, from 2016 to now, Brexit has already cost £200 billion, and we haven't even left yet. :ROFLMAO: I bet the Working Class are really going to shafted now, when the cuts are used, to recover the loss of money. Moral of the story, don't vote Tory, don't vote a party, that has been your problem, and not the EU.

Reactions: 27
I am just concerned what will happen next when we “get Brexit done” and folks realise that maybe the EU wasn’t the cause of all the ills in their life. What will be the next target?

Could be flippant about it but I genuinely am a bit worried as to where the next media led frenzied focus will go when folk realise the days of Rule Britannia and the great Empire ain’t coming back (why anyone would want them to, I’ll never understand)

Reactions: 24
I will never forgive people who voted for Brexit. They have totally shafted this country and the younger generations who will have to live with the consequences. Typical of that particular generation though. Selfish and no thought for others.

Thankfully my Tory voting boomer parents voted to remain and continue to be anti Brexit. But they are unique in their peer group.

Reactions: 36
No deal doesn't bother me in the slightest. What's the worst that can happen, it might cost 10p extra for a pack of Danish bacon or 15p more for a bottle of Belgian beer? I think most of us can cope with that.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No deal doesn't bother me in the slightest. What's the worst that can happen, it might cost 10p extra for a pack of Danish bacon or 15p more for a bottle of Belgian beer? I think most of us can cope with that.
That is far from "the worst that can happen".

Reactions: 24
The fall of the automotive industry, the rise in the price of drugs, the banking sector moving to Europe. British farmers struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think there may be a tad more in issues than higher prices in the supermarkets.

Particularly if we break international law.

Reactions: 3
Where are you buying the Danish bacon and Belgian beer from? With no deal, they ain't getting imported into the UK.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I think Boris will see us right in the end, even if it does take a bit of time.

I've already noticed some items are no longer available on the shelves but just buy an alternative.

Reactions: 1
We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I think Boris will see us right in the end, even if it does take a bit of time.

I've already noticed some items are no longer available on the shelves but just buy an alternative.
Boris is a clown, I don't even trust him running a bath.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Good news for British brewers and pig farmers then!
Unfortunately it’s not that simple. Even British-based food manufacturers and farmers require various materials imported from the EU to run their businesses, their processes, feed their animals or package their food etc etc etc.

There are many products that the UK just doesn’t make; many foodstuffs that we require ingredients to be imported for, or elements of packaging etc.

Reactions: 5
Personally I know I could but not everyone is as privileged as me. Especially for those who have lost already their jobs every penny counts. At my local store milk alone has already gone up by £0.10p a bottle, a particular chocolate brand £0.30p, a can of peas £0.05p. It's all the small things that add up collectively and food is just one area to be affected.

Reactions: 8
JP Morgan is moving from the UK to Germany, because of Brexit, yup, one of the biggest bankers.

Reactions: 1
Unfortunately it’s not that simple. Even British-based food manufacturers and farmers require various materials imported from the EU to run their businesses, their processes, feed their animals or package their food etc etc etc.

There are many products that the UK just doesn’t make; many foodstuffs that we require ingredients to be imported for, or elements of packaging etc.
We are also still a manufacturing country. I am sure we could manufacture the plastic in which the bacon needs to be wrapped. We have pig farms galore in Britain. Go to Norfolk or Dorset, you will see pigs aplenty. Why would we need to import bacon from Denmark?

We have always had a thriving agricultural industry.

JP Morgan is moving from the UK to Germany, because of Brexit, yup, one of the biggest bankers.
They are a merchant bank though. Not exactly going to affect the likes of you and I, unless of course you privately bank with them, in which case you would have to be pretty wealthy to do so.

Reactions: 4
Reigniting of violence in Northern Ireland if the new internal markets bill comes to fruition could theoretically happen. Bit worse than more expensive bacon.

Reactions: 11