Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I know it's important and all that but I swear to god if I hear anymore news about fucking fishing I'm going to lose my sorry mind!!
I don't want to carp on but I keep herring that if you cod just plaice a little bit of thought for the fishermen. They haddock it hard on the seas and kipper finding their catch to take back to their sole mates with a bream on their trout pouts.

Ok, ok, don't snapper at me or I'll clam up in my shell.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

jazyblu

Chatty Member
So who do you think will be more pleased by the Agreement - Remainers or Leavers?
I genuinely think neither. Brexit has ripped the country apart, cost billions and literally achieved nothing. I’m not sure I’ve seen very many leavers happy with the deal.

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I bet Cameron is laughing his arse off at the utter mess he has left the country in after resigning soon after the referendum result was going against what he thought was expected.

Whatever those who voted Leave wanted, I think they're going to be hugely disappointed/angered at what will ultimately happen over the next few months as I don't think Boris, his Cabinet and his myriad of "special advisors" are all that keen on the kind of Brexit they were hoping for.

After the Covid shambles, and now Brexit, I bet Boris is glad he still has 4 more years before having to beg for votes at the next election (not that I expect him to be PM by then)

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
No deal doesn't bother me in the slightest. What's the worst that can happen, it might cost 10p extra for a pack of Danish bacon or 15p more for a bottle of Belgian beer? I think most of us can cope with that.
Personally I know I could but not everyone is as privileged as me. Especially for those who have lost already their jobs every penny counts. At my local store milk alone has already gone up by £0.10p a bottle, a particular chocolate brand £0.30p, a can of peas £0.05p. It's all the small things that add up collectively and food is just one area to be affected.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The DUP are a disgusting, backward party. Their views on abortion and LGBTQ issues have no place in the 21st Century.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Reverend

VIP Member
As a foreigner I find this whole Brexit mess fascinating. So many people seem to want their country to burn to the ground to prove a point and. The EU hero worshiping and hating your own country is bizarre. The EU was a good idea for a few countries of similar state as a trading bloc. But it's expanded beyond all recognition now and I get why people are concerned. My cousins in Greece would love to leave it but similar age colleagues in England act is if it's this amazing thing you'd be an idiot to want to leave. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm from New Zealand and last decade I thought the UK was wise to distance from the euro with the mess in 2008.
I do not hero worship the EU. It has many faults (lack of usual purpose for the european parliament, too much compromise, letting the greeks into the Euro, etc.), however, we cannot blind ourselves to the fact that in a global economy, we are too small to go it alone, and as most of our exports go to europe we will now have to follow their rules (safety, labour standards, environmental decisions, etc.) that we no longer have any input to, otherwise we cannot sell to.

OatMatchaLatte

VIP Member
British sovereignty...British arrogance more like. Who the hell do we think we are.

Now we're going to be stuck on this shitty island, paying LOADS more for everything, while everyone with money / a stake in Brexit (here's looking at you , hedge funders and Tory backers) sit pretty with their contingency plans and get out of jail free cards.

monga

VIP Member
It sounds minor but I think the fact that the public calls him “Boris” is actually a problem. He’s not our mate, and it lets people forget that he’s meant to be an elder statesman and behave like one and be effective as one.

He’s a good campaigner but a bad governor and he gets away with so much because the public feel this bizarre affection towards him when really he’s plainly doing a shocking job and letting us all down. It’s of course a stupidly difficult job, but he chose it and regardless of whether anyone else would do better, he is fucking it up.

Calling him Boris instead of PM Johnson, Mr Johnson or just Johnson always has the effect of diminishing the seriousness of what’s happening. He’s not some naughty schoolboy or that character from work. He’s the Prime Minister. I wish people (generally, not directing this to anyone specific here) would realise this instead of just watching him bumble his way around the most significant challenges of our lifetimes.
It's shocking what this Gov have gotten away with ,this will be the final nail ,next year is going to be worse than this one ...without a doubt.

Yel

Chatty Member
Johnson apologized for interrupting cars 3, but worry not BBC one is playing the film without cutting to him 😬😆

• Haha

Ally Pally

VIP Member
I knew that leavers would blame the pandemic as soon as it started :LOL: they will never ever admit that Brexit has only made things more expensive and put more barriers in place in terms of trade, travel etc. They will always blame something else rather than see it for what it is.
Covid was a gift to Boris Johnson it gave him an excuse to cover his arse on the disaster that Brexit has been.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I'm counting on it.......

Particularly if Farage gets his Brexit/Reform/Wankers party to stand in opposition. Farage is a media whore. He really needs to keep himself in the public for ego reasons....
I know. He needs to fuck off under a rock somewhere. The racist tool.

I don’t know if anyone knows, but one of my favourite things to do when I’m bored is troll Brexiteers on Twitter. So easily triggered they are, the ones who aren’t Russian bots that is.

• Haha

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
As someone who voted to stay in the EU I am rather saddened/angered at the complete and utter incompetence of this government and its handling of its half-baked negotiations with the EU!