Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That glass eel story sure does tick the boxes to get something going viral. Loads on my feed have posted it.

But I wonder if all is not as it seems?

Doesn't seem to add up; someone who exported solely to the EU and received EU funding voted brexit is now worried that it will affect him? 🤨 Something seems fishy or he's really not with it.

In 2012 we moved to our current site supported by the European Fisheries Fund
People were bombarded with promises from Johnson and Farage that we would get a great trade deal, friction less trade, held all the cards, unicorns etc. It was bullshit, and people fell for it.

Although extremely unlikely, but I hope when Parliament vote on the Act tomorrow, there's an overwhelming majority that vote "no"

That will put the cat amongst the pigeons
I hate this deal, but a no deal could cause chaos with food, data, security and potentially covid vaccine, so i would vote yes with a very heavy heart.

Reactions: 3
People were bombarded with promises from Johnson and Farage that we would get a great trade deal, friction less trade, held all the cards, unicorns etc. It was bullshit, and people fell for it.
I really do struggle that someone who's whole business was exporting live animals to the EU ever thought it was a good idea to leave.

Anyone with an average level of intelligence would know even in the best case scenario there would be months of disruption and lots of headaches for this business.

The sky journalist that stumbled across him must have been giddy with excitement when they found this jackpot :LOL: , if indeed it's the whole story. There's other articles saying that the Asian markets pay many multiples more for them than europe, so I expect there's much more to the story beyond the sky viral clip.

Reactions: 5
Although extremely unlikely, but I hope when Parliament vote on the Act tomorrow, there's an overwhelming majority that vote "no"

That will put the cat amongst the pigeons
And continue the shitshow? No sorry, everyone needs to go forward now.

I really do struggle that someone who's whole business was exporting live animals to the EU ever thought it was a good idea to leave.

Anyone with an average level of intelligence would know even in the best case scenario there would be months of disruption and lots of headaches for this business.

The sky journalist that stumbled across him must have been giddy with excitement when they found this jackpot :LOL: , if indeed it's the whole story. There's other articles saying that the Asian markets pay many multiples more for them than europe, so I expect there's much more to the story beyond the sky viral clip.
TBF to the guy, if Johnson had been asked if any change to the export of live animals, Johnson would have lied and said no and everything would continue as normal (holding all the cards etc.). Cummings orchestrated an amazing campaign full of half-truths, exaggerations and bullshit (not unlike Blair did with Iraq war), and people fell for it.

The shitshow will continue regardless
I think we will have a break for a couple of years, then it will explode again...

Reactions: 2
The shitshow will continue regardless
Somehow but give us (the actual UE countries) a break, at least for the next 5 years covered by the agreement. Its was the UK decision after all, not the others'. It's like a never ending show since the vote. Like there are not other problems to deal with.

So who do you think will be more pleased by the Agreement - Remainers or Leavers?
I genuinely think neither. Brexit has ripped the country apart, cost billions and literally achieved nothing. I’m not sure I’ve seen very many leavers happy with the deal.

Reactions: 8
I genuinely think neither. Brexit has ripped the country apart, cost billions and literally achieved nothing. I’m not sure I’ve seen very many leavers happy with the deal.
I agree neither. Its a crap deal but its better than no deal. We wont be going back into Europe because it took 40 years negotiating advantages for us on every single treaty for us that got us the deal we had and thats now gone. We just have to make the best of it now. It does seem vindictive of ultra remainers to want a vote against the deal, as if they want no deal to punish people who voted for Brexit, many of whom are poor and marginalised anyway. I'm massively disappointed that we've left but we have.

• Sad
So who do you think will be more pleased by the Agreement - Remainers or Leavers?
No one is happy truly. Speaking from NI - remainers are unhappy we are out at all, but especially with a hard brexit. Leavers unhappy that we have a border in the Irish Sea.

Ah, Brexit. One of the final nails in the "United Kingdom." Every cloud and all that..
As no one can deny that it has damaged the UK beyond repair..not that we were really "united" to start with.
The fact Scotland is being dragged out has pissed many of us off, and I will admit that I am sad that Brexit went ahead and people voted the way they did. They were foolish to believe the lies from the likes of Farage (seriously, when you think people can't get any stupider) and Boris..Well, need i say more?

Of course many others voted with their racist heads on and they were voting to leave the EU regardless, least said about those types of people, the better.

Only now are some of the morons are realising and complaining about what they are losing, pity they didn't think of that before. Too little too late, I'm afraid. Maybe if they had really thought then things may have been different, who knows. They swallowed up the lies Farage and Johnson fed them. (Johnson, whose father is now applying for French Citizenship..you couldn't make it up!)

The racists among the voters were never going to change their views, a lost cause some could say.

Now, here we are.

The only parties I can see who will benefit are those who want, and will now likely get, Scottish independence, Welsh independence and a step closer to a United Ireland.

Ah, Brexit. One of the final nails in the "United Kingdom." Every cloud and all that..
As no one can deny that it has damaged the UK beyond repair..not that we were really "united" to start with.
The fact Scotland is being dragged out has pissed many of us off, and I will admit that I am sad that Brexit went ahead and people voted the way they did. They were foolish to believe the lies from the likes of Farage (seriously, when you think people can't get any stupider) and Boris..Well, need i say more?

Of course many others voted with their racist heads on and they were voting to leave the EU regardless, least said about those types of people, the better.

Only now are some of the morons are realising and complaining about what they are losing, pity they didn't think of that before. Too little too late, I'm afraid. Maybe if they had really thought then things may have been different, who knows. They swallowed up the lies Farage and Johnson fed them. (Johnson, whose father is now applying for French Citizenship..you couldn't make it up!)

The racists among the voters were never going to change their views, a lost cause some could say.

Now, here we are.
Crossed over with ur post but agree on it all 👌🏼

Reactions: 1
The only parties I can see who will benefit are those who want, and will now likely get, Scottish independence, Welsh independence and a step closer to a United Ireland.

I can't see a united Ireland happening the north's being used as a" stop off "for both countries ,nothing more . A lot of retailers have decided they won't be sending goods to NI even though there's a waiver of fees until April #disgusted.

Reactions: 3
I can't see a united Ireland happening the north's being used as a" stop off "for both countries ,nothing more . A lot of retailers have decided they won't be sending goods to NI even though there's a waiver of fees until April #disgusted.
Do you know of any particular retailers atm monga? This is a concern of mine and was wondering if its likely to manifest.

Do you know of any particular retailers atm monga? This is a concern of mine and was wondering if its likely to manifest.
This is just some of them but heard Amazon could be adding on extra delivery charges
F9B38E5B-F34C-485A-B370-39A6A43B8790.jpeg
FFA240EA-3B36-4EAF-AA79-5C0BFF054AF7.jpeg

So have we run out of Prosecco, Swiss chocolate, and Spanish lemons yet? Thought not.

Didn't Wales voted to leave?

So have we run out of Prosecco, Swiss chocolate, and Spanish lemons yet? Thought not.
Swiss is not in the EU. You will still have Prosecco and Lemons, no custom tariff thanks to the deal but still the return of customs and paperwork so less fluidity and efficiency.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1