Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is the point of negotiating with someone who doesn't respect his engagements? And how is it good for the UK image upon future economic negotiations (whoever is the possible partner)?

Reactions: 2
I bet Biden wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw him ,he knows how much in Trumps pocket he was it has to be an act for the cameras .

Reactions: 3
The G7 will end on a sour note it seems, even if Boris signed in blood you’d still question was it ketchup, he’s that type of man

Is this a hint “ on your bike Boris “ 👋

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm neither for or against Brexit really. It was a democratic vote. But Boris just isn't a good PM. I can't stand him. Why they keep banging on about Brexit, I don't know.

Reactions: 3
Old thread, but does anyone else like that you get a stamp in your passport each time now?
At one busy airport (Amsterdam) it did take a few extra mins for the all other passports immigration to go through but most airports i go through are small and there's one line for all.

Reactions: 1
Old thread, but does anyone else like that you get a stamp in your passport each time now?
At one busy airport (Amsterdam) it did take a few extra mins for the all other passports immigration to go through but most airports i go through are small and there's one line for all.
I dont carry a British passport but wouldn't like it personally. Some people have not had theirs stamped on exit which could cause headaches and worry. I imagine mistakes like that will happen less though as time goes on.

I dont carry a British passport but wouldn't like it personally. Some people have not had theirs stamped on exit which could cause headaches and worry. I imagine mistakes like that will happen less though as time goes on.
That's a benefit! before they were electronically recorded entry and exit going into and out of schengen area so you had no idea if they messed it up. Now you know for sure if it's been recorded, not that ive had any problems

That's a benefit! before they were electronically recorded entry and exit going into and out of schengen area so you had no idea if they messed it up. Now you know for sure if it's been recorded, not that ive had any problems
But it didn't matter before because your travel wasnt limited? Now it is.

No it wasnt? Im referring to the 90 day rule. Being EU means zero restrictions. Ireland for example are not in Schengen but are not subject to time restrictions.
No that's not right at all. The EU allowed visa free travel between countries. It certainly still had restrictions! After 90 days/3months EU members visiting another EU country usually had to register.

As an EU citizen, you have the right to move to any EU country to live, work, study, look for a job or retire.

You can stay in another EU country for up to 3 months without registering there but you may need to report your presence. The only requirement is to hold a valid national identity card or passport. If you want to stay longer than 3 months, you may need to register your residence.

In many EU countries, you need to carry an identity card or passport with you at all times. In these countries, you could be fined or temporarily detained if you leave your identity documents at home - but you cannot be forced to return to your home country for this reason alone.

No and I don’t like the blue/black passport. I’m eligible for an Irish passport (as so many Brits are!) so I’ve started the application process. It takes ages, though.

Brexit felt like cutting our nose off to spite our face. A load of nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm always surprised the number of people that care about a colour :LOL:
Yeah it was such a silly gesture - a lot of Brexiteers got so excited about a blue passport. That’s not even printed in the UK. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's a bit late in the day for a brexit vs remain argument. Especially now we can see the damage for ourselves. Boris is just lucky covid came along for him to blame everything on.

• Heart
No that's not right at all. The EU allowed visa free travel between countries. It certainly still had restrictions! After 90 days/3months EU members visiting another EU country usually had to register.

As an EU citizen, you have the right to move to any EU country to live, work, study, look for a job or retire.

You can stay in another EU country for up to 3 months without registering there but you may need to report your presence. The only requirement is to hold a valid national identity card or passport. If you want to stay longer than 3 months, you may need to register your residence.

In many EU countries, you need to carry an identity card or passport with you at all times. In these countries, you could be fined or temporarily detained if you leave your identity documents at home - but you cannot be forced to return to your home country for this reason alone.
You need to register if you want certain services I suppose, like banking. Otherwise, no one gives a damn I assure you. And we all have identity cards (or passports) anyway. It's British people that are reluctant to identity cards. I still don't get why tbh

Just imagine, Sunderland, Nissan needs a trade deal with the EU.
LOL. Hello from Sunderland. Thanks for reminding me of that particular scenario.

Two years down the line Nissan is still here, still pumping out cars, and still recruiting. Shouldn't they have left ages ago?

Cos as we all know it's super easy to just walk away from a multi billion pound investment right?

Remainers 😔. Shake 'em and they rattle....

Reactions: 1