Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The conservatives need the unionists on their side for the votes , but it looks like the masked men have taken to the streets already (on the unionist side) it only needs the republicans to retaliate and that’s the end of the peace process, believe me that won’t take a lot of pushing there’s been dissidents waiting on an excuse to override it for years.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The conservatives need the unionists on their side for the votes , but it looks like the masked men have taken to the streets already (on the unionist side) it only needs the republicans to retaliate and that’s the end of the peace process, believe me that won’t take a lot of pushing there’s been dissidents waiting on an excuse to override it for years.
The thing is they don't. Theresa May needed their votes and I can tell you that election was the first time many adults in England had even heard of the DUP or heard of NI in general since the troubles. Boris has a solid majority and doesn't give a tit about a handful of unionist votes.

Reactions: 3
Honestly from an outsider looking in, the unionists seem like a right pain in the arse. Trouble making for the sake of it.

Reactions: 3

Yel

It was funny seeing Theresa claim she was working with them long before Arlene had actually signed off. She had no idea fighting for every penny was what the DUP are best at :LOL:

With the current polls and labour slipping a few points this week I don't the tories care much for the DUP. BJ won't fight another election and KS is getting worse and worse the longer he's labour leader so hopefully he'll be swapped out for someone more credible in time for the next general election.

The thing is they don't. Theresa May needed their votes and I can tell you that election was the first time many adults in England had even heard of the DUP or heard of NI in general since the troubles. Boris has a solid majority and doesn't give a tit about a handful of unionist votes.
Why is he forever licking their arse then .

Everyone knows that but the DUP ,they’re under the illusion they’re infallible the backscratching agreement still has a bit to run it’ll be interesting to see what happens once Boris goes but I think that’s why they’re pushing for the protocol to be revoked it’s too close for comfort especially if those calling for a referendum get their way , although in saying that I’m not sure how many nationalists would want a united Ireland today.https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40245514

Last edited:
Maybe Arlene should’ve thought of that before she rocked the boat :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
Big unrest within the DUP this could cause a big headache for Boris and the protocol her rumoured successor wants nothing to do with it

Big unrest within the DUP this could cause a big headache for Boris and the protocol her rumoured successor wants nothing to do with it
Christ, not Poots 🙈 can they backtrack on the protocol now though?

Christ, not Poots 🙈 can they backtrack on the protocol now though?
Poots and the hardliners in the DUP don’t want it they could make it very difficult that’s what all the orchestrated violence is about they’re trying every trick in the book they ousted Arlene because they didn’t think she was patriotic enough ...does this read like someone that’s in favour of a sea border with the UK even the PSNI said the threat to the workers was small.https://www.thejournal.ie/larne-brexit-checks-5342216-Feb2021/

Poots and the hardliners in the DUP don’t want it they could make it very difficult that’s what all the orchestrated violence is about they’re trying every trick in the book they ousted Arlene because they didn’t think she was patriotic enough ...does this read like someone that’s in favour of a sea border with the UK even the PSNI said the threat to the workers was small.https://www.thejournal.ie/larne-brexit-checks-5342216-Feb2021/
Oh no I totally agree with you I'm just wondering if it's all been signed and sealed is there any going back? I guess what they really wanted was a hard border.

Oh no I totally agree with you I'm just wondering if it's all been signed and sealed is there any going back? I guess what they really wanted was a hard border.
Have the final papers been signed between the UK and EU ? the unionists could make it very difficult to get goods through even to the detriment of their own the EU might decide it's not worth the hassle .

Have the final papers been signed between the UK and EU ? the unionists could make it very difficult to get goods through even to the detriment of their own the EU might decide it's not worth the hassle .
I actually don't know if everything's water tight yet or not. I'm starting to think not as that would explain the motivation for the no confidence vote towards Foster. Time running out to dig their heels in perhaps and they knew Foster wouldn't go in hard enough.

Arlene must know there's big trouble ahead she wouldn't have went so easily .

Reactions: 2
It's fortunate that they wrote there were around 100 people. You wouldn't tell seeing the photo 😂
That's only the decent front they portray to the world it's the carnage they're orchestrating behind the scenes that's doing the damage.

• Sad