Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Covid was a gift to Boris Johnson it gave him an excuse to cover his arse on the disaster that Brexit has been.
It shouldn't have been. Knowing how to react for a pandemic ought to be a fundamental part of any decent Goverment.

Reactions: 1
I’m not sure who he is ? but it seems a bit much if his constituents need to go to those extremes, surely there must be criteria that has to be followed on climate etc .
He's my MP. As a measure of how popular he is, he has gone from a majority of 16,000 to 4,000 in 2 elections, plus if the proposed boundary changes go through he will lose his seat.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
He's my MP. As a measure of how popular he is, he has gone from a majority of 16,000 to 4,000 in 2 elections, plus if the proposed boundary changes go through he will lose his seat.
What does he get from this ? wouldn't it make more sense to up your popularity with the constituents .

What does he get from this ? wouldn't it make more sense to up your popularity with the constituents .
Well, there is a new super-safe seat being created next door, so maybe he's got his eyes on that!

Reactions: 2
Maybe they didn’t want to leave their child behind to go off and enjoy themselves?
Yes I read too fast. I thought she wanted them to go and join them later (I would do the same) and airport staff didn't give them time enough and kicked them from the airport.

Screenshot_20220730-213451_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Yes I read too fast. I thought she wanted them to go and join them later (I would do the same) and airport staff didn't give them time enough and kicked them from the airport.

View attachment 1458879
I don't think most people are aware of what Brexit really means for them and just shrug it off for the gov to deal with , that's been an expensive lesson for that family :(

Only another 10 yrs ( according to Cummings) before we reap the rewards

• Angry
Another Brexit benefit is you get to go for a dip in your own 💩🤢

Another Brexit benefit is you get to go for a dip in your own 💩🤢
It's infuriating, it really is. Where has the respect gone for the country as a whole and the environment of this country? We all have to live here. It looks horrendous to see these stories, which no doubt will be reported globally. I despise most of our politicians, I really do.

Reactions: 6
It's infuriating, it really is. Where has the respect gone for the country as a whole and the environment of this country? We all have to live here. It looks horrendous to see these stories, which no doubt will be reported globally. I despise most of our politicians, I really do.
It’s awful, people are falling ill from it .I didn’t realise there was such a big campaign going on ,it’s not something we hear much about .

I'm not s
Well said, wise owl! My view is that for it or agin it, Brexit is here and we should embrace it and stop knocking our country.

As to the weekend issues at Dover, it was a problem for a day or so and things are flowing freely again already. Passport clearance takes a little longer now, as was already the case going to non-EU countries, and it would seem the French under estimated the demand this weekend and will no doubt adapt to accommodate in future. The media likes to make it look like the sky is falling in, but it was just a small management blip exacerbated by some strikes in France itself.
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to "embrace Brexit"!

I'm one of the people for whom Brexit has had a negative effect (business and personal) so I'll carry on pointing out the problems in the hope that the situation can be improved in the future. If others want to see that as "whinging" then that's their issue.

Crticising the way this Government acts is not the same as knocking our country!

Reactions: 4
I'm not s

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to "embrace Brexit"!

I'm one of the people for whom Brexit has had a negative effect (business and personal) so I'll carry on pointing out the problems in the hope that the situation can be improved in the future. If others want to see that as "whinging" then that's their issue.

Crticising the way this Government acts is not the same as knocking our country!

Want to expand a bit on that ? Respect your privacy if you'd rather not