Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What will the alternative be now do you think? A pathetic cop out by the government imo.
Well we know Poots stance on it if the Unionists don’t want it it’s going to be very difficult for them , Frost is front page news today
76F72C1C-E7DD-4240-BDAD-08F5A6EE49C9.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Well we know Poots stance on it if the Unionists don’t want it it’s going to be very difficult for them , Frost is front page news todayView attachment 579120
I need to read more about it but I'm not sure why the EU would indulge the UK. Will this force majeure go through? How can they claim it was unforeseen when the average Joe in the Facebook comments section could predict the problems Brexit would present for NI? 🙈 Poots is supposed to be a leader but I haven't seen him address the people with his proposal for an appropriate, peaceful alternative.

I need to read more about it but I'm not sure why the EU would indulge the UK. Will this force majeure go through? How can they claim it was unforeseen when the average Joe in the Facebook comments section could predict the problems Brexit would present for NI? 🙈 Poots is supposed to be a leader but I haven't seen him address the people with his proposal for an appropriate, peaceful alternative.
This isn’t a wave it’s a sign of things to come 😂 ... seriously the unionists just want to tighten up the bond with the UK but Poots has a point about the problems consumers are facing , I don’t know about you but I’ve had problems getting stuff from the mainland it’s not going to be sustainable to keep things as they are

Attachments

The guardian seems every bit as bad as the daily mail for sensationalist stuff to get the shares and clicks 😆

I miss the days when it was respectable.
I agree with you but still the article is interesting and it's a reality.

This isn’t a wave it’s a sign of things to come 😂 ... seriously the unionists just want to tighten up the bond with the UK but Poots has a point about the problems consumers are facing , I don’t know about you but I’ve had problems getting stuff from the mainland it’s not going to be sustainable to keep things as they are
Yeah I've had issues too, mainly with Amazon. Have had to get some things delivered to my brother in Dublin. I suppose I just don't get how they can legitimately claim it was unforeseen. If they couldn't foresee the issues then that surely must mean the public were misinformed or blissfully unaware at best. Can us voters apply for a force majeure as many were led down the garden path by the pro Brexit parties? 🙈 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yeah I've had issues too, mainly with Amazon. Have had to get some things delivered to my brother in Dublin. I suppose I just don't get how they can legitimately claim it was unforeseen. If they couldn't foresee the issues then that surely must mean the public were misinformed or blissfully unaware at best. Can us voters apply for a force majeure as many were led down the garden path by the pro Brexit parties? 🙈 😂
They obviously didn’t read it too well or just took Boris’s word for it ! He is on record promising things would be’ tickey boo’🙄 be interesting to see how it materialises in the next couple of months especially as the drug kingpins are having their supplies impacted by the extra checks so the guns might come out again 🤷🏼‍♀️

They obviously didn’t read it too well or just took Boris’s word for it ! He is on record promising things would be’ tickey boo’🙄 be interesting to see how it materialises in the next couple of months especially as the drug kingpins are having their supplies impacted by the extra checks so the guns might come out again 🤷🏼‍♀️
It's just been an endless tit show 🙈

@monga
I don't know if you read the Guardian but here is an interesting comment from BTL I came across earlier.

Yesterday's illegal anti protocol march in Belfast, along the exclusively loyalist Shankill Road, was attended by several hundred people not 3000, as reported by the PA in this paper, unless one were to count everyone on the pavements and spectators.
The marchers were predominantly made up of 'kick the pope' bands, with the majority of the remainder consisting of men and boys wearing balaclavas. Weather or not these paramilitary clad marchers attended of their own free will or not is questionable. Illegal loyalist paramilitary/criminal gangs rule this and other loyalist areas with an iron fist, They regularly carry out punishment beatings, perform kneecapings and have even murdered those that do not bend to their will or do as they are told. They have flooded these areas with hard drugs, control their importation and sale exclusively. They orchestrated the recent rioting on the streets and others presented it as anti protocol sentiment, however when journalists, on the ground at the time, questioned the teenage rioters about their objections to the protocol they had no idea what the protocol was but had been told it was bad. Subsequently a journalist was attacked, had his camera equipment destroyed and was hospitalised.

It just so happens that these marches and the previous riots are very useful evidence for frost, the DUP and Johnson to point to when attempting to renege on the legally binding commitments of the protocol.

It may be coincidental that frost and the DUP , prior to these marches and disturbances, meet with the 'representatives' of these illegal, sectarian, criminal paramilitary gangs, on the other hand .........!

@monga
I don't know if you read the Guardian but here is an interesting comment from BTL I came across earlier.

Yesterday's illegal anti protocol march in Belfast, along the exclusively loyalist Shankill Road, was attended by several hundred people not 3000, as reported by the PA in this paper, unless one were to count everyone on the pavements and spectators.
The marchers were predominantly made up of 'kick the pope' bands, with the majority of the remainder consisting of men and boys wearing balaclavas. Weather or not these paramilitary clad marchers attended of their own free will or not is questionable. Illegal loyalist paramilitary/criminal gangs rule this and other loyalist areas with an iron fist, They regularly carry out punishment beatings, perform kneecapings and have even murdered those that do not bend to their will or do as they are told. They have flooded these areas with hard drugs, control their importation and sale exclusively. They orchestrated the recent rioting on the streets and others presented it as anti protocol sentiment, however when journalists, on the ground at the time, questioned the teenage rioters about their objections to the protocol they had no idea what the protocol was but had been told it was bad. Subsequently a journalist was attacked, had his camera equipment destroyed and was hospitalised.

It just so happens that these marches and the previous riots are very useful evidence for frost, the DUP and Johnson to point to when attempting to renege on the legally binding commitments of the protocol.

It may be coincidental that frost and the DUP , prior to these marches and disturbances, meet with the 'representatives' of these illegal, sectarian, criminal paramilitary gangs, on the other hand .........!
The paramilitaries rule the political parties, always have done,that’s why Donaldson was ousted from the leadership race .Poots is pushing the right agenda to keep the loyalists happy https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/psni-probes-claim-uda-threatened-20702511

It's really quite frightening that a small group of very strong loyalists cannot see beyond their narrow mindedness to the huge benefits that will come to their country (NI) by being members of both the UK and the EU.

BTW Poots, apparently, believes that the world was created only 6000 years ago - how do you argue with stupid?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It's really quite frightening that a small group of very strong loyalists cannot see beyond their narrow mindedness to the huge benefits that will come to their country (NI) by being members of both the UK and the EU.

BTW Poots, apparently, believes that the world was created only 6000 years ago - how do you argue with stupid?
The next NI elections will be interesting. DUP 'may' end up in 3rd place. Poots is trying dogwhistle policies to try to stop their voters going to the Alliance party or the Ulster Unionists.

Reactions: 3

The paramilitaries aren't interested in political gain ( maybe through it in there for ould times sake ) it's racketeering that's at stake ,the restrictions at the ports are costing them a fortune in lost revenue from drugs ,illegal cigs and counterfeit money/ clothing to name but a few ,they couldn't care if Ireland was united or not ,that was in their Grandas day .

The next NI elections will be interesting. DUP 'may' end up in 3rd place. Poots is trying dogwhistle policies to try to stop their voters going to the Alliance party or the Ulster Unionists.
The DUP has disintegrated, it'll be interesting to see how many votes they'll collect now they've gone back decades with their policies ,they'll be no room for Dublin to negotiate with the hardliners that's for sure.

Last edited: