Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Romy

VIP Member
The currency and the economy, just that lol
Isn't Scotland exporting mainly to the rest of the IK, like just 15% to the EU?
Not sure it would be that simple. Getting independent would already be a big challenge.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Not a fan of Coveney but his points were valid and well put,
do we think bojo can get an extension on that extension 😕

I can’t see there being a deal on this,
If the U.K. have already reneged on a deal (which shouldn’t have been signed anyway when it’s clear they were never going to honour it) the EU aren’t going to bend on any future deal, or walk away until it’s water tight, signed, sealed and locked in a double bolted safe never to be broken 😂

I’ve never given a shit about fisheries and I’m getting leaving cert geography flashbacks I’m not comfortable with 😐

Also, fish should have passports, that would be cute.

monga

VIP Member
He's my MP. As a measure of how popular he is, he has gone from a majority of 16,000 to 4,000 in 2 elections, plus if the proposed boundary changes go through he will lose his seat.
What does he get from this ? wouldn't it make more sense to up your popularity with the constituents .

Yel

Chatty Member
Does anyone actually believe this Sunday's "moment of truth" deadline will mean anything? 🤣

I now think we're going to have a few weeks of no deal early next year then a deal will be signed

monga

VIP Member
Christ, not Poots 🙈 can they backtrack on the protocol now though?
Poots and the hardliners in the DUP don’t want it they could make it very difficult that’s what all the orchestrated violence is about they’re trying every trick in the book they ousted Arlene because they didn’t think she was patriotic enough ...does this read like someone that’s in favour of a sea border with the UK even the PSNI said the threat to the workers was small.https://www.thejournal.ie/larne-brexit-checks-5342216-Feb2021/

monga

VIP Member
Can't say I'm overly surprised.

Lots of grandstanding & obfuscation by both sides has turned the WA into a complete farce. They must be so proud!
From what the press reported a couple of nights ago the Tories have told Boris to stand firm or lose all backing ,so he must be doing what he's told .It's a shame as so many businesses will be lost once the new tariffs come in to effect in the New Year .

monga

VIP Member
The thing is they don't. Theresa May needed their votes and I can tell you that election was the first time many adults in England had even heard of the DUP or heard of NI in general since the troubles. Boris has a solid majority and doesn't give a shit about a handful of unionist votes.
Why is he forever licking their arse then .

Everyone knows that but the DUP ,they’re under the illusion they’re infallible the backscratching agreement still has a bit to run it’ll be interesting to see what happens once Boris goes but I think that’s why they’re pushing for the protocol to be revoked it’s too close for comfort especially if those calling for a referendum get their way , although in saying that I’m not sure how many nationalists would want a united Ireland today.https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2017-40245514

Last edited:

Romy

VIP Member
Apart from the things who haven't changed, do you see avantages to be outside of the EU so far in your life, like concrete things? Maybe too early?

As for me in the EU, I don't see any change (good or bad) but I didn't travel back to the UK since.
Only most Marks and Spencer in Paris left in 2021, but they weren't exactly a thing and shelves were quite empty last time I checked.

monga

VIP Member
I never understand the mentality of Unionists in ulster. The Tories have shafted them time after time, yet they still prefer them to Labour.....
They would never have trusted Corbin as he's a "so called "republican sympathiser and Thatcher always stood firm as far as republicans were concerned they just see the conservatives as wholly British and share a lot of their outdated old school views.