Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Causewaygal

Chatty Member
You're right and that seems logical.
I read this but I still can’t work out whether it applies to Northern Ireland or just those residing in the republic. I’m British born in England but I’ve been in NI for a number of years and this is my forever home now.
I maybe need to do a few email enquiries and see where I stand ...

Reverend

VIP Member
I think it's more likely that we cave in sadly. Yes it will damage the EU but the damage is spread amongst 27 countries, where as for us, it's just us who will take the hit. :-(

Causewaygal

Chatty Member
This is worth checking but I think you may need to be resident in the Republic of Ireland to gain citizenship via naturalisation.
That’s what I feared 😔 We have an apartment in Limerick but we don’t actually reside there. My husband works in the Republic a lot and the mortgage was cheaper than renting ... I love NI but I hate being part of the UK

monga

VIP Member
Oh no I totally agree with you I'm just wondering if it's all been signed and sealed is there any going back? I guess what they really wanted was a hard border.
Have the final papers been signed between the UK and EU ? the unionists could make it very difficult to get goods through even to the detriment of their own the EU might decide it's not worth the hassle .

monga

VIP Member
There's not much time left whatever happens and now the ringmaster is going who'll run the circus:rolleyes:

mcfeez

VIP Member
Old thread, but does anyone else like that you get a stamp in your passport each time now?
At one busy airport (Amsterdam) it did take a few extra mins for the all other passports immigration to go through but most airports i go through are small and there's one line for all.
I dont carry a British passport but wouldn't like it personally. Some people have not had theirs stamped on exit which could cause headaches and worry. I imagine mistakes like that will happen less though as time goes on.

Reverend

VIP Member
I bet it’s Brino. Expect Farage and the others to Chuck a tantrum when all the details come out.
I'm counting on it.......

Particularly if Farage gets his Brexit/Reform/Wankers party to stand in opposition. Farage is a media whore. He really needs to keep himself in the public for ego reasons....