Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
The conservatives need the unionists on their side for the votes , but it looks like the masked men have taken to the streets already (on the unionist side) it only needs the republicans to retaliate and that’s the end of the peace process, believe me that won’t take a lot of pushing there’s been dissidents waiting on an excuse to override it for years.

• Sad
Reactions: 1

monga

VIP Member
It's fortunate that they wrote there were around 100 people. You wouldn't tell seeing the photo 😂
That's only the decent front they portray to the world it's the carnage they're orchestrating behind the scenes that's doing the damage.

• Sad

monga

VIP Member
Yes I read too fast. I thought she wanted them to go and join them later (I would do the same) and airport staff didn't give them time enough and kicked them from the airport.

View attachment 1458879
I don't think most people are aware of what Brexit really means for them and just shrug it off for the gov to deal with , that's been an expensive lesson for that family :(

Hinkypunk

Chatty Member
I am worried about the personal financial implications of Brexit. I saw this yesterday on Twitter which highlights the predicted increase in costs on products ☹

97DE644C-D1BB-4F97-ACF3-D12E63EE8D5E.png

Foolmeonce

Chatty Member
@monga
I don't know if you read the Guardian but here is an interesting comment from BTL I came across earlier.

Yesterday's illegal anti protocol march in Belfast, along the exclusively loyalist Shankill Road, was attended by several hundred people not 3000, as reported by the PA in this paper, unless one were to count everyone on the pavements and spectators.
The marchers were predominantly made up of 'kick the pope' bands, with the majority of the remainder consisting of men and boys wearing balaclavas. Weather or not these paramilitary clad marchers attended of their own free will or not is questionable. Illegal loyalist paramilitary/criminal gangs rule this and other loyalist areas with an iron fist, They regularly carry out punishment beatings, perform kneecapings and have even murdered those that do not bend to their will or do as they are told. They have flooded these areas with hard drugs, control their importation and sale exclusively. They orchestrated the recent rioting on the streets and others presented it as anti protocol sentiment, however when journalists, on the ground at the time, questioned the teenage rioters about their objections to the protocol they had no idea what the protocol was but had been told it was bad. Subsequently a journalist was attacked, had his camera equipment destroyed and was hospitalised.

It just so happens that these marches and the previous riots are very useful evidence for frost, the DUP and Johnson to point to when attempting to renege on the legally binding commitments of the protocol.

It may be coincidental that frost and the DUP , prior to these marches and disturbances, meet with the 'representatives' of these illegal, sectarian, criminal paramilitary gangs, on the other hand .........!

monga

VIP Member
The bill has increased because of a pandemic and war in Europe. Absurd to blame the leave side for not foreseeing those two events 🤪. Remainders so keep n happy everytime it doesn't go well are something to behold.
The man in the street is only interested in a good deal for their families we’re not seeing that yet.

Hinkypunk

Chatty Member
It has already passed the Commons. It seems to me the voting against it is largely symbolic - the Commons can ultimately overrule the Lords anyway.
That’s true but it has to go past the Lords again for a second reading and they can hold it up by 1 year.

Yel

Chatty Member
Sanity tax has nothing to do with the EU
This is what it says on Wikipedia:

European Union[edit]
Most European Union countries are barred from creating zero-rated value added taxes, but Ireland's exemptions are grandfathered.[3] The EU countries are planning to remove the minimum 5% tax rate by 2022.

• Ireland levies no value-added tax on tampons, panty liners, and sanitary towels. Ireland is the only EU country to have a zero tax rate on sanitary goods.[15]
  • In Germany, the amount of tax on sanitary items was cut from 19% (the basic rate) to 7% (the reduced rate) as of 1 January 2020.[15][16] This is said to be a step toward a tax system that does not discriminate against women.[15]

Toilet paper is still charged the full rate of 20% as a luxury. That should be cut, but VAT rules are a bit of a minefield. See the problems with jaffa cakes with the are they a cake (luxury) or biscuit (essential).

• Sick

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Technically, Scotland would secede from the Act of Union 1707.

She would then have the choice of how to engage with the EU such as full membership or a Norway or Swiss deal.

But the common consensus is the EU is a far more honourable, coherent and productive entity than Westminster.
Thanks for explaining - makes sense.

mcfeez

VIP Member
I've no idea why it goes through the Lords I always thought once parliament approves that 's it ?...maybe some of the English folk can explain.
It has already passed the Commons. It seems to me the voting against it is largely symbolic - the Commons can ultimately overrule the Lords anyway.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Just imagine, Sunderland, Nissan needs a trade deal with the EU.
LOL. Hello from Sunderland. Thanks for reminding me of that particular scenario.

Two years down the line Nissan is still here, still pumping out cars, and still recruiting. Shouldn't they have left ages ago?

Cos as we all know it's super easy to just walk away from a multi billion pound investment right?

Remainers 😔. Shake 'em and they rattle....

monga

VIP Member
Who are the idiots here, the people travelling for not taking their passports with them, or British Airways for not educating their staff properly. Either way seems to be something quickly and easily resolveable.
It seems it's the airlines fault they said they were advised in Spain they didn't need the new travel card but the airline said that they did ?

monga

VIP Member
This is the problem - plenty of sources have been pointing out the many, many disastrous consequences for the last 4 years and been dismissed as 'project fear'. The information has been there but it has been constantly rubbished and dismissed. Well in a couple of months time we will all start to find out what the truth of the matter is. Personally I think Brexit is going to be a nightmare even with a deal, no deal is going to be a disaster of epic proportions. The people of this country have proved they can't cope with any kind of shortages or inconvenience when we had a few weeks of it in March so I can't imagine what's going to happen when the supermarket shelves go full Soviet in January and February. No deal Brexit is going to make 2020 look like a cake walk.
Yes I don't think the "vote leave" group looked beyond the end of their nose .When you look at all the intricacies that's attached there's a whole different picture emerges .I wonder if the pandemic has given them food for thought (no pun ) if they were to vote again would it be the same outcome ? I can't see anything to be gained from it either only more pressure on ordinary folk living on a budget.