Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arlenes shook up as a United Ireland could be a real possibility now, she said in another interview Boris has failed the unionists

Reactions: 3
This is fascinating reading german papers and the comments that are saying the covid vaccine is a benefit of less bureaucracy

No matter what side you're on there are benefits to be had, whether they can be relized realised is another question all together!

I think this would be the German alternative to the times if you had to match it with a British paper

1611752868451.png

1611752836184.png

Reactions: 1
Arlenes shook up as a United Ireland could be a real possibility now, she said in another interview Boris has failed the unionists
How do you think a referendum would go? I'd vote for reunification now more than ever but I'm not sure support is strong enough in ROI to make it happen.

How do you think a referendum would go? I'd vote for reunification now more than ever but I'm not sure support is strong enough in ROI to make it happen.
No the ROI would never go for it they're finding it a stretch looking after their own never mind adding us to the mix ?

No the ROI would never go for it they're finding it a stretch looking after their own never mind adding us to the mix ?
Yeah one look at the comments section on RTE's Facebook tells me it would never happen. We're just in limbo here after Brexit. We're meant to be in this unique position of still being part of the single market but the EU is treating us like the rest of the UK, the UK is treating us like we're still in the EU, and ROI can't get far enough away from us 🙈

• Sad
This is fascinating reading german papers and the comments that are saying the covid vaccine is a benefit of less bureaucracy

No matter what side you're on there are benefits to be had, whether they can be relized realised is another question all together!

I think this would be the German alternative to the times if you had to match it with a British paper

View attachment 405258
View attachment 405257

Sorry I am not sure I get your point Despite the numerous vaccinated people (I heard it really makes a difference when 70% of the population is vaccinated), the UK is not doing well at all regarding covid unfortunately.

The "hard border" is just around vaccine shipments isn't it?
They’ve backtracked now but it would effect everything if it were to be implemented , that’s what the uproars about

Reactions: 2
Yes, just saw. Allegedly the Irish govt werent even told!
It was just sprung on them. I think it could undermine the whole vaccine programme people could lose what little faith they have in the Gov ,it comes across as petty squabbling on already shaking territory regarding vaccines ,what if they can't get the second dose the EU have said they'll use all other instruments at it's disposal whatever that means.

Anything to keep the unionists happy

Last edited:
"Ulster is British" always amuses me - considering three of its counties are in the Republic

I've always felt unionists love for the UK wasn't really reciprocated by the English for decades now. In fact they're a bit like the Eric Trump of the UK. A persistent embarrassment and unloved but technically still part of the family. For now.