Breast feeding

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fed is best.
I BF my oldest for almost a month before I stopped because he wasn’t gaining weight and it just wasn’t working. I felt so guilty but once I got over the guilt I felt so much better mentally and he was happy and was gaining weight.

Literally got told in a Facebook group tonight that by formula feeding my son I gave him the leukemia that killed him when he was 4. Because apparently FF increases risk of leukemia which is completely BS. So bleeping over mum groups and mum shamers.
Im so sorry for your loss and despicable treatment you received. Now THATS shocking xxx

Reactions: 2
Fed is best.
I BF my oldest for almost a month before I stopped because he wasn’t gaining weight and it just wasn’t working. I felt so guilty but once I got over the guilt I felt so much better mentally and he was happy and was gaining weight.

Literally got told in a Facebook group tonight that by formula feeding my son I gave him the leukemia that killed him when he was 4. Because apparently FF increases risk of leukemia which is completely BS. So bleeping over mum groups and mum shamers.
So,so sorry. How dare anyone suggest that to you! I'm utterly disgusted! Xx

Thank you xx

It’s all scaremongering. For a few moments I believed it and almost broke down at the thought of being the one to have caused his death but then I remembered I was in a Facebook mums group surrounded by ‘perfect’ parents who do nothing wrong. Those groups are poison. Ironically that comment came from the same group that thinks using a forward facing car seat from 6 months old is 100% safe.

Reactions: 5
Just my opinion.........
Nobody should be guilted into breastfeeding.
Nobody has the right to force their opinion on anyone.
What works for one mum, doesn’t necessarily work for all.

Unless this is your babies “diet”

493F6A0C-C0CA-47A3-89D3-44982A9E6C59.jpeg 3A721211-1C00-488B-9BDF-A22B302CA501.jpeg

You’re doing great. 😉 boobs in or out....
And shake them all about. 😬

Literally got told in a Facebook group tonight that by formula feeding my son I gave him the leukemia that killed him when he was 4
The woman (or women) who said this to you have failed their own children, regardless of how they’re feeding them,
if they’re feeding them bull crap like this, they’re absolutely going to destroy them from birth with such a hatful, toxic attitude.
Lots of love to you and your little angel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My boy had breast milk (pumped because he wouldn’t latch, which caused huge distress for us both, at one point he screamed as soon as he saw me because he associated me with being forced to try and latch) for 9 weeks, when yes, I stopped. Because I was exhausted and had began to actually dislike my own newborn. And guess what. He’s had nothing but colds, he’s had croup, he’s had rashes. Now considering even COLOSTRUM alone is supposed to help their immune system, why did 9 weeks worth of mother milk make absolutely sod all difference to his health?

Reactions: 4
If you actually read the research comparing breastfed and bottle-fed babies in the developed world… almost all of it finds the health benefits of breastfeeding to be non-existent, marginal, or impossible to disentangle from other aspects of a baby’s life

Reactions: 7
Im really pro breastfeeding - fed my daughter until she was 2 and 13 months in with my son. What no one really tells you is the total exhaustion you will suffer feeding a new born baby every 2 hours around the clock. What I find really frustrating is the number of women I’ve met who seemingly just use “I didn’t produce enough milk” as an excuse. It’s supply and demand - the more you feed/express the more milk you make. Honestly in real life I’ve not even met a single mum who has actually been honest and has said I just didn’t want to breast feed as it’s always veiled with an excuse.
I didn't want to breast feed. No excuses, no bullshit, I just didn't want to. I had it put on my maternity notes not to even approach me about it. I even made a polite notice for above my hospital bed that no one is come over about it. I just simply didn't want to do it.

• Heart
Im really pro breastfeeding - fed my daughter until she was 2 and 13 months in with my son. What no one really tells you is the total exhaustion you will suffer feeding a new born baby every 2 hours around the clock. What I find really frustrating is the number of women I’ve met who seemingly just use “I didn’t produce enough milk” as an excuse. It’s supply and demand - the more you feed/express the more milk you make. Honestly in real life I’ve not even met a single mum who has actually been honest and has said I just didn’t want to breast feed as it’s always veiled with an excuse.
I never had any milk..I tried to the point of exhaustion..I expressed every 2 hours and tried inbetween. I had a 4 nurses at one point prodding and poking! It is not an excuse, If I had chosen not to, I'd say so!! It is no business of anyone else! No-one should have to make up any excuse...ever! Must be great to sit on the moral high ground! 4 kids no milk... end of!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I never had any milk..I tried to the point of exhaustion..I expressed every 2 hours and tried inbetween. I had a 4 nurses at one point prodding and poking! It is not an excuse, If I had chosen not to, I'd say so!! It is no business of anyone else! No-one should have to make up any excuse...ever! Must be great to sit on the moral high ground! 4 kids no milk... end of!!
This!

I was in a care unit after my child was born and a couple came back in with their daughter. I've never been so angry I don't think. Readmitted to hospital, taking up a bed, screaming all through the night with at least 2 midwives at a time with them. Why? Mum was determined to breastfeed and couldn't. The kid was miserable, and just needed feeding but she flat out refused any alternative. They were in for days, absolute waste of resources and money for the worlds most selfish mother. Purely disgusting.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
This!

I was in a care unit after my child was born and a couple came back in with their daughter. I've never been so angry I don't think. Readmitted to hospital, taking up a bed, screaming all through the night with at least 2 midwives at a time with them. Why? Mum was determined to breastfeed and couldn't. The kid was miserable, and just needed feeding but she flat out refused any alternative. They were in for days, absolute waste of resources and money for the worlds most selfish mother. Purely disgusting.
I was young and hate to say it..I let them persuade me to keep going..I was knackered, he was hungry and losing weight. My mam said at the point of those 4 nurses prodding and poking " get that baby a bottle"! I was so greatful to her! These people who ram breastfeeding down your throat really need to pipe down! They of course can have their opinion, but when they use it to try to belittle others or insinuate they're lieing about why they didn't. That is uncalled for and too far!!

I was young and hate to say it..I let them persuade me to keep going..I was knackered, he was hungry and losing weight. My mam said at the point of those 4 nurses prodding and poking " get that baby a bottle"! I was so greatful to her! These people who ram breastfeeding down your throat really need to pipe down! They of course can have their opinion, but when they use it to try to belittle others or insinuate they're lieing about why they didn't. That is uncalled for and too far!!
Absolutely, comes a point when you have to put yourself aside and do what's best for baby- even if that is a bottle!

Well bully for you Hun. Its none of your business what way any mother chooses to feed her baby so why does it matter to you. And if you think motherhood is "difficult and exhausting" when they are babies - boy do you have a treat in store when they are teens and older and making their own decisions in life. These are the easy years lol.
Its a looong way down from that high horse you are sitting on. 🙄

This!

Do you think it was fun for the mother desperately trying to feed her baby? I don't think selfish is the right word to use, quite the opposite.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Do you think it was fun for the mother desperately trying to feed her baby? I don't think selfish is the right word to use, quite the opposite.
It was deffo less fun for those around her, and the already stretched to the max midwives. So yes. I would use the word selfish. Poor baby was starving and unhappy. In this case mum was putting her needs before the childs. A bottle was the solution ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It was deffo less fun for those around her, and the already stretched to the max midwives. So yes. I would use the word selfish. Poor baby was starving and unhappy. In this case mum was putting her needs before the childs. A bottle was the solution ffs
You've been there apparently - tried but it didn't work out. How did you feel? I know I would have felt stressed and emotional. However other babies crying on a ward - not pleasant to listen to but it wouldn't affect me the same way. This mum was outing her baby's need for her milk first , not the ears of others on the ward or her own body.

This!

Imagine the shoe was on the other foot - God forbid your child had a minor illness and needed medical treatment or a prescription paid for by tax payers and somebody said to you "waste of resources that could have been prevented if you had breastfed." Your comment is unacceptable either way and "purely disgusting."

Last edited:
  • Wow
You've been there apparently - tried but it didn't work out. How did you feel? I know I would have felt stressed and emotional. However other babies crying on a ward - not pleasant to listen to but it wouldn't affect me the same way. This mum was outing her baby's need for her milk first , not the ears of others on the ward or her own body.
Rubbish. I felt relieved my baby was fed and happy. If she was putting her childs need first she would have given him.a bottle. Do you think it would know the difference or care?? And the only time I ever felt bad was when some earth mother like you made me ashamed that I didnt breast feed my babies.

Reactions: 1
Rubbish. I felt relieved my baby was fed and happy. If she was putting her childs need first she would have given him.a bottle. Do you think it would know the difference or care?? And the only time I ever felt bad was when some earth mother like you made me ashamed that I didnt breast feed my babies.
Earth mother - thanks that's a huge compliment! 😆
I have no issue and actually a lot of sympathy with mums who tried but couldn't feed their babies for whatever reason. It would break my heart.
I do have a problem with the lack of support for breastfeeding mums - people complaining about crying in a hospital ward or who have opinions on when babies should be weaned when it's nothing to do with them and they have no clue about breastfeeding.

If you actually read the research comparing breastfed and bottle-fed babies in the developed world… almost all of it finds the health benefits of breastfeeding to be non-existent, marginal, or impossible to disentangle from other aspects of a baby’s life
I'd be interested to read this research. Can you link it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Let’s face it - most bf mothers I know only do it because it’s free and easier than prepping sterilising bottles etc (I reiterate bf mums I NO not evry1)

• Haha
Earth mother - thanks that's a huge compliment! 😆
I have no issue and actually a lot of sympathy with mums who tried but couldn't feed their babies for whatever reason. It would break my heart.
I do have a problem with the lack of support for breastfeeding mums - people complaining about crying in a hospital ward or who have opinions on when babies should be weaned when it's nothing to do with them.

I'd be interested to read this research. Can you link it?
And I have to disagree there too. There is lots of support for breast feeding, sure its all thats pumped at new mums. I note you say you have nothing but sympathy for mums "who TRIED but couldn't feed"? So the others who decided not to ,are not worth mentioning. They aren't proper mothers? Whats your view on natural v caesarian birth? I suppose women who dont give birth naturally are not in your mummy brigade either, or couldnt possibly bond the same way?