Breast feeding

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad the two people above me have said they just didn’t want to. That was me! Never mind breastfeeders, we are the stigmatised group. I’ve got a very healthy smart 3yr old
I didn’t want to either. Simple as 🤷‍♀️ Ha x

Im really pro breastfeeding - fed my daughter until she was 2 and 13 months in with my son. What no one really tells you is the total exhaustion you will suffer feeding a new born baby every 2 hours around the clock. What I find really frustrating is the number of women I’ve met who seemingly just use “I didn’t produce enough milk” as an excuse. It’s supply and demand - the more you feed/express the more milk you make. Honestly in real life I’ve not even met a single mum who has actually been honest and has said I just didn’t want to breast feed as it’s always veiled with an excuse.
I didn’t breastfeed because I simply didn’t want to, no excuses!

Reactions: 3
What I find unnecessary here is this insinuation that because someone chooses to breastfeed that they’re some sort of hippy dippy earth mother who will co sleep and breastfeed till their kids are teenagers etc. 🙄

I had trouble at first and it was a really emotional issue so I can understand why mothers might keep trying even if to outsiders it might seem ‘selfish’. I did end up giving some formula in hospital as my baby had a medical requirement but I kept trying to feed as well and it worked out. But if it hadn’t I would have just used formula. Just my own strong preference was to breastfeed if I could as to me it’s pretty cool that our bodies can do that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Evening , good to see the debate has kept going all day 😊.

First of all , I’m so sorry to you Kate for the loss of your precious child, I cannot even begin to understand your grief😢.

I just want to say that raising a happy ,healthy intelligent child isn’t down to breast or bottle .

It’s about talking to your baby , interacting with them , playing and reading with them and stimulating them and building that bond , regardless of bottle of breast .

I work in an early years setting , at no point is how they were fed as a small baby ever considered.

Reactions: 8
This!

I was in a care unit after my child was born and a couple came back in with their daughter. I've never been so angry I don't think. Readmitted to hospital, taking up a bed, screaming all through the night with at least 2 midwives at a time with them. Why? Mum was determined to breastfeed and couldn't. The kid was miserable, and just needed feeding but she flat out refused any alternative. They were in for days, absolute waste of resources and money for the worlds most selfish mother. Purely disgusting.
What a disgusting post 😡

It was deffo less fun for those around her, and the already stretched to the max midwives. So yes. I would use the word selfish. Poor baby was starving and unhappy. In this case mum was putting her needs before the childs. A bottle was the solution ffs
I expect you made her feel uncomfortable also? I was told people were complaining about my baby crying as I was struggling to breadtfeed. The midwife said ‘can I give her a bottle’. I said no and rightly so.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
What a disgusting post 😡

I expect you made her feel uncomfortable also? I was told people were complaining about my baby crying as I was struggling to breadtfeed. The midwife said ‘can I give her a bottle’. I said no and rightly so.
What exactly is your problem here????

What a disgusting post 😡

So you put your own stubbornness over your crying, hungry child.

And I'M the disgusting one? Please! 😂

Reactions: 4
So you put your own stubbornness over your crying, hungry child.

And I'M the disgusting one? Please! 😂
As previously posted this happened to me within an hour of giving birth. I was left alone, still in the delivery suite with my husband and baby and was attempting to breastfeed. My baby cried for a little while when a Midwife walked in and told me other mothers were complaining about my baby crying and could she give her a bottle.

This disgusted me that not only did other mothers complain but that a Midwife spoke to me in such a rude way rather than help me to latch my baby on.

People say Midwives push breast feeding but I experienced the opposite. I got very little support.

You assumed a lot about that other couple.

It seems to me this is not a thread about breastfeeding. It should be renamed the bottle feeding thread.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Personal opinion.

If you type out a message that’s going to hurt or attack someone else on the thread.
Press “preview”
Then delete it.
That way you feel like you’ve got your point across without being a twit. 😐
We’re not here to argue. 😬
I just got whacked with a boob ffs 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Where is the fun and piss take in this... like I said before ... it’s a gossip site.. not a breastfeeding forum. So bloody boring :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If your post has been deleted.....
Ya Should have used the “preview” 😬

There is a line.
This is The line.

No arguments passed the line 😬
Thank you. 😘

• Haha

The leaders of the world... breast is best

Suck that tit like your life depends on it !!! Suck, suck... suck

• Haha
  • Sick
Where is the fun and piss take in this... like I said before ... it’s a gossip site.. not a breastfeeding forum. So bloody boring :rolleyes:
Why do you keep coming into the thread then? It’s quite clearly named breastfeeding. So if you’re not interested - stop coming in here? Just a thought like

• Wow
Reactions: 1
What a disgusting post 😡

I would have squirted these morons in the face with my milk!!!!!

I dont judge formula mums but when people post stupid tit like that its like they want an argument and debate.

Can't argue with stupid as they say!!!!

Mine was based on letting my husband have a more active role. I never really wanted to bf but also couldn’t say why I didn’t want to... just didn’t want 2 🤷🏽‍♀️
So refreshing reading this. Your baby your choice, nice to read some honesty behind the decision making.

Im really pro breastfeeding - fed my daughter until she was 2 and 13 months in with my son. What no one really tells you is the total exhaustion you will suffer feeding a new born baby every 2 hours around the clock. What I find really frustrating is the number of women I’ve met who seemingly just use “I didn’t produce enough milk” as an excuse. It’s supply and demand - the more you feed/express the more milk you make. Honestly in real life I’ve not even met a single mum who has actually been honest and has said I just didn’t want to breast feed as it’s always veiled with an excuse.
The statistics for women who physically can't breastfeed (inverted nipples, medication, mastectomy, supply issue) is ridiculously small, round 2% I believe)

I personally I do feel alot of mums are not supported to breastfeed and due to this may feel their supply isn't good enough.

Add to that lack of education relating to cluster feeding which makes you feel like baby isn't getting enough milk.

Then baby may not gain as much weight as his formula fed peer....more mummy doubt.

So many factors lead to breastfeeding not being established in those early days, and to those mummies I feel so sad for.

I do agree far too many mums will say I didn't produce enough milk so formula fed just to ease the judgement of others/ease their guilt/appear as though it wasnt their choice.

Breastfeeding is bleeping hard work.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Why do you keep coming into the thread then? It’s quite clearly named breastfeeding. So if you’re not interested - stop coming in here? Just a thought like
Actually, i'm very interested.... as a relatively new dad I like to learn from every source available...my wife B F our two until after the age of 2... yes I'm lucky, I've never had to make a bottle of formula up at 2:56 in the morning!!!! My point is.... this thread should have been closed down ages ago, it will never end as people have different opinions.... statistics and experiences....

please post bitty again 🤣
Also prodcon21, i was asked to lighten the mood a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Last time I will say this...I had 0 milk..0 milk. You couldn't have made a weak tea with the amount! Not an excuse..I couldn't produce a drop..I didn't even know that,that was possible. I tried long and hard.. I've actually No idea why I feel the need to justify myself again.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Last time I will say this...I had 0 milk..0 milk. You couldn't have made a weak tea with the amount! Not an excuse..I couldn't produce a drop..I didn't even know that,that was possible. I tried long and hard.. I've actually No idea why I feel the need to justify myself again.
And I'm sure you're doing a great job

wonder what the royal baby is drinking right now.... breast or bottle?

Breastfeeding is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, and I’ve had a lot of medical treatment, surgeries, bad health... and here’s the controversial statement... it did not fit in with our lifestyle.

I have mentioned a few times before that my son was born 11lbs at 37 weeks, he had tongue tie, dropped weight very quickly and midwives weren’t happy. We took the decision to bottle feed after 10 days, then I expressed 6 times a day for 10 weeks and then I combifed until he was 9 months. BF just didn’t suit either of us, my son used it for comfort rather than food and expressing milk is a form of torture. I’d rather have bamboo put under my nails than sit with breast pumps on at 2am in the morning, only to express 1oz.

Sarah is no means a failure, she’s given Jace a good start but it’s just not working. Bottle feed and top up with boob, or vice versa. I can’t imagine sarah quitting dairy if Jace has an allergy, can anyone else?

I'm a devoted supporter of informing mothers to make the right choice as regards breast or formula feeding of babies. Here is a podcast interview with the obstetrician who convinced me of this view. It will sum up all the problems with the lactivist arguments and why it's wrong to put down formula.