Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I agree. I don’t think people actually have a problem with BF. It’s completely normal.

However I really find it uncomfortable when women post pics of them BF or do it in public. It’s awkward. I don’t want to see a strangers big veiny boob being flopped out. And I think that’s how others feel. It’s not that they think BF is wrong it’s the fact they don’t want to see it.
So you think babies shouldn't eat in public?

Just look away.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Cleanoutyourpockets

Chatty Member
Gonna sound thick here, why is it illegal?
Theres a few reasons why and leaving aside the Breast is best reasons, one of the main ones is because shady companys with questionable ethics (sound familiar!) In the 70s.

Nestle sent reps into hospitals in 3rd world countries dressed as nurses advertising formula to new mothers. This new amazing product that would feed baby keep them fuller for longer and sleep better etc the usual formula stuff you still hear from people today.

They gave the formula free to the mothers. The mothers then went home with no breastmilk and very quickly couldn't afford the formula anymore. They had no access to clean water and sterile bottles etc. They started watering down the formula a d babies became sick and died directly because of Nestle (SMA)
What other Nestle products do we see MH advertise. Smarties? Milkybar Yoghurts? Nesquick?

She most definitely had a payment by Nestle previously and it's very suspicious to me she would include Nestle Formula brand in her poll.
Formula Companies advertised it as a solution to hungrier babies, gave leaflets out that branded BFing as a negative thing and again free tins of formula were given (just incase) HCPs were paid by formula companies to suggest using their brand of formula.
So all this going on women started to be shamed for Breastfeeding and received no support from either medical professionals or friends and family and turned to formula. Which given the breast is best information was not the best choice for babies.

Aptamil got into a lot of trouble for their their campaign which stated closest to breast milk (all formula is basically the same thing they have a legal standard so one is not superior to the other and none is closer to Breastmilk)
However this slogan is again something you here from women all the time regarding Aptamil. They had another few ads that caused trouble too. One started with a bfing mother and then said when you decide to move on from Breastfeeding...
This implied their formula was as good as breastmilk and didnt say 'at 6 months' so if you decided to stop breastfeeding in the first 3 minutes you could reach for aptamil because it was just as good as Breastmilk. They used to have an immunofortis claim again they got in trouble for that.

All shady advertising by formula companies who just want to make money at the end of the day.
Cow and gate and aptamil are made by the same company. They are like all formula basically the same, but 2 different brands targets two different sections of the market and increases profit. Last year they changed the main ingredient from Demineralised whey to lactose, as it was cheaper to produce. The whey:casein ratio is now 50:50 instead of 60:40 it caused a lot of babies to get sick as.

Follow on milk however if you check ingredients are basically the exact same as first stage milk. It was introduced by Formula companies as a way around the banning of advertising Breast Milk substitutes. Its from 6 months onwards which is when babies are recommended to wean.

I am not anti formula. I was formula fed as were some of my nieces and nephews. Some were breastfed and they're all happy healthy children. However shady advertising should always be called out and not just swept under the rug, which ironically seems to happen all the time. Just remove it and it will go away seems to be a mantra.

Sorry for the huge post 😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 63

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I don't thing that's what was meant. We all know it's a matter of getting used to it. However, there are people who somehow cover it. If i'm feeling hot for some reason, I'm not gonna get naked, right? Even though I feel like it. And a baby being hungry is as legit as me not feeling well because it's too hot.

This said, I really don't have that much of a problem with breast feeding in public. But we should find a middle ground. My mom has told me she didn't have a problem breastfeeding me in public, but she always carried some sort of cloth to cover the boob, so she could have some privacy, even though she was in public.
This is the last I'll say on it, but would you like to eat dinner with a blanket over your head?

The problem is, some people cannot separate the sexualisation of the breast with its natural function. That's on them, not on breastfeeding mums to appease them.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

MrsEvil

We've got an especially brainwashed one here 🤦 one is a comment from a particular sponge company's page and the other is from the book signing. Then again she looks to be a bit of a funny one as she mentions in one post that she's still breastfeeding the one kid who looks to be 3 or 4 😶
I’m sorry this is off topic but your comment on breastfeeding is extremely ignorant. Natural term breastfeeding is natural and no one should be shamed for doing it or made to feel like some kind of weirdo 🤬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

jazyblu

Chatty Member
I agree. I don’t think people actually have a problem with BF. It’s completely normal.

However I really find it uncomfortable when women post pics of them BF or do it in public. It’s awkward. I don’t want to see a strangers big veiny boob being flopped out. And I think that’s how others feel. It’s not that they think BF is wrong it’s the fact they don’t want to see it.
Gross.
If you think women shouldn't breastfeed in public and you think lots of others agree with you then BF isn't normalised and you do have a problem with BF :rolleyes:

Plenty of breastfed babies feed every 2 hours or more in the early months, should those women be chained to their houses?

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Toppsie

Enough with the breastfeeding chat yeah? This ages old debate won't be solved on a Tattle thread (as amazing as this place is let's be honest) so go start another thread and stop derailing the Hinch one. Not all of us give a flying monkeys.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Aint no time for this

A fed baby is a happy baby!!! Who gives a flying fiddlers fuck how he is fed???? Its noones bastard business. My two where bottle fed, and that was my choice never wanted to BF didnt even try it, not my thing, wasnt for me so shoot me 🙄🙄🙄 they are still alive healthy and very smart kids! Jesssus

Reactions: 37

nineteenninety3

This is a gossip website to be fair, you'll probably find thousands of things on here that offend you. Just my opinion.
That article mentions that breastfeeding up to the age of 7 is normal. Oh I just can't even [emoji1751][emoji1785].
Seven is believed to be natural human weaning age, when kids lose their milk teeth. Obviousky this is going way back and most people don't do that anymore but nursing a 3/4 year old isn't weird. The NHS and WHO both recommend nursing for two years and beyond.

This isn't a breastfeeding board so we're probably best getting back on track but Im an IBCLC so if anyone has questions I'm happy to dm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Madams139

This is a gossip website to be fair, you'll probably find thousands of things on here that offend you. Just my opinion.
That article mentions that breastfeeding up to the age of 7 is normal. Oh I just can't even 🤦🤢.
It’s not offensive: it’s just an uneducated opinion from someone who doesn’t know shit about breastfeeding.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Missoula18

Chatty Member
I’m sorry this is off topic but your comment on breastfeeding is extremely ignorant. Natural term breastfeeding is natural and no one should be shamed for doing it or made to feel like some kind of weirdo 🤬

That article mentions that breastfeeding up to the age of 7 is normal. Oh I just can't even 🤦🤢.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

NotSherlockHuns

Enough with the breastfeeding chat yeah? This ages old debate won't be solved on a Tattle thread (as amazing as this place is let's be honest) so go start another thread and stop derailing the Hinch one. Not all of us give a flying monkeys.
Phew! Thought I'd fallen into a forum hole and ended up at mumsnet for a moment then! Yes please bore off back there with the infant feeding arguments

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Han___

Im really pro breastfeeding - fed my daughter until she was 2 and 13 months in with my son. What no one really tells you is the total exhaustion you will suffer feeding a new born baby every 2 hours around the clock. What I find really frustrating is the number of women I’ve met who seemingly just use “I didn’t produce enough milk” as an excuse. It’s supply and demand - the more you feed/express the more milk you make. Honestly in real life I’ve not even met a single mum who has actually been honest and has said I just didn’t want to breast feed as it’s always veiled with an excuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry but we are all entitled to our opinions. Each to their own - but if the Child can drink from a cup and has teeth then it doesnt need the Breast lol. And its a change from the breast is best brigade guilting Mums who decide to bottle feed for whatever reason 😉
This Is so ignorant 🤦🏻‍♀️ a child will go to the breast for countless reasons aside from thirst. My child had teeth from 4 months and a cup at 6 months with solids so you think what - time to give him the breastmilk of a cow Instead? WHO and NHS recommending breastfeeding until 2 years and beyond.

The lack of support in the UK and western world for breastfeeding mums is horrific when it IS what is BEST for baby.

It baffles me to think of bringing a child into this world and not wanting to give them the best start. Give them immunity from thousands of viruses and bacteria. Help them through any bugs they do pick up quicker with comfort the way nature intended. Why would you say no to this and shove a piece of plastic in their mouth instead?

How much money could our NHS save if more women breastfed- lower rates of Ovarian cancer, breast cancer , osteoporosis for mum, lower risk of childhood obesity , mental health problems for children, lower risk of SIDS .... I just can't comprehend why people don't give it a shot. Or is this information not widely known?

My heart aches for those who tried and couldn't for various reasons. However something like less than 5% of women are not able to produce enough milk. More often than not is lack of support/knowledge/pressure from family that means we have so many mums giving up. We need a huge shift in attitudes in this society , formula shouldn't be the go to or the norm.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

hereforthetea543

Chatty Member

Wow .. breastfeeding shouldn’t be done in public?? It’s people like you that contribute to the stigma with comments like that. No mum should be made to stay home or go hide to feed their baby. Maybe just don’t look if it bothers you!! I’ve never known a mum to get her full on boobs out anyway, once baby is latched on you can’t even see anything 🤣 if anyone came up to me whilst I was breastfeeding in public and told me to stop I would tell them where to go!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Homely92

If people don't want to breast feed its their choice no one should feel ashamed or embarassed to admit it. Coming out with stuff like 'everyone should try it rara' is what is wrong with society now a days.

FFS as long as the kid is getting fed it doesn't matter how.

Reactions: 24

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Im really pro breastfeeding - fed my daughter until she was 2 and 13 months in with my son. What no one really tells you is the total exhaustion you will suffer feeding a new born baby every 2 hours around the clock. What I find really frustrating is the number of women I’ve met who seemingly just use “I didn’t produce enough milk” as an excuse. It’s supply and demand - the more you feed/express the more milk you make. Honestly in real life I’ve not even met a single mum who has actually been honest and has said I just didn’t want to breast feed as it’s always veiled with an excuse.
Ever thought that it’s not an excuse? That is miseducation? Lack of support?

Worried they’ll be judged if they don’t give a reason? Despite choosing not to being a personal choice?

As for having not met a single mum who has been honest - you know that how? How do you know if her reasons are genuine?

To me - It speaks volumes that women feel they HAVE to give a reason as to why they didn’t breastfeed. And even when they do - they’re accused of making excuses anyway!

I could tell you the reasons I didn’t. But you’d probably think it was me making excuses. Probably not even the fact that I exhausted myself physically and mentally for 9 weeks pumping because he wouldn’t latch would be good enough for you.

Patronising, judgemental women really make my blood boil.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

RubyShoe

Sorry but we are all entitled to our opinions. Each to their own - but if the Child can drink from a cup and has teeth then it doesnt need the Breast lol. And its a change from the breast is best brigade guilting Mums who decide to bottle feed for whatever reason 😉

• Angry
Reactions: 23
One thing I am really passionate/obsessed about is children safety. I will not pick on a mum that can’t bond with her baby or is struggling with certain things but I will pick on someone who will feed her baby too early. Baby’s tummy is ready for real food between 4-6 months however you can’t be sure the exact time. Some babies might be ready at 4 months but how can you be sure. So to be on the safe side you are supposed to wean at 6 months. Yes yes 20 years ago there was a different advice but we have evolved, science and all that. So it’s bad to wean too early because you run the risk of you baby having gut problems all their life. I was weaned early and I have had tummy problems. There is really 0 rush! They don’t need anything but formula or Brest milk until they are 1

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So much nope on this thread. Breastfeeding IS hard. It’s hard whether baby takes straight to it or not. She shouldn’t just give up because it’s hard if she wants to do it. ‘Just express’ isn’t an easy option either. Being Hooked up to a pump every three hours for 30 minutes day and night isn’t an easy option. She’s allowed to complain. She’s allowed to show women that it’s normal for it to be difficult. The NHS tells us it’s natural and easy. I’m definitely not her biggest fan but telling a woman how to feed her baby is not appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Jdimlet

Chatty Member
I haven’t said you feed just milk however milk should be their main meal until really close to 1. Weaning should come more natural. I did baby lead weaning with kids I looked after and my own child and find filling up a baby with baby rice or rubbish cereal it’s really not a good idea

I suppose it’s up to parents to feed their kids whatever they want. Hey why stop at baby rice and not feed them pies at 4 months. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Also ruining your kids gut it’s dangerous it might not kill them but they will suffer their whole life. IBS is one of the things can happen to kids weaned to early. I for one was not prepared to take that risk with my baby. For an extra month or two of just milk?
The only people who would have a problem with anything you’ve said are people who have acted against the most recent feeding guidelines and act defensive (either because it didn’t seem to negatively affect THEIR child or perhaps out of feeling guilty that they knew no better, even though as has been pointed out...guidelines change!).

There are updated guidelines based on decades of continued research and an ever expanding knowledge of what has caused so many awful digestive problems among our society, things many of us here likely suffer with. It baffles me why some are getting so defensive because they fed their child things they perhaps wouldn’t now (given the information that is now available).

Anyone can and will feed their child whatever they want, that’s obvious. But nobody here has the influence and reach that Grinch does and the fact she is so blatantly feeding Reggie (😆) so soon is a huge issue and rightly been picked up by those who are worried. Add it to the list of other ‘wtf’ behaviours (e.g. spraying paint while he’s RIGHT there, filling the home with chemicals his tiny lungs shouldn’t be exposed to, etc.)

Everyone agrees it’s messed up that his cot seems to be full of tat because that goes against SIDS advice and I guess we worry how many of her sheep will think ‘oh that looks pretty, I’ll copy’ without realising how terribly dangerous that is.
Hinch probably knows this (and hopefully removes the risks when he goes to sleep) but like with ALL of her dangerous behaviour she doesn’t address it. That’s the problem. She knows when something is ‘dodgy’ and she keeps 🤐...just like she is doing with feeding a baby who isn’t supporting his head WHICH IS THE GUIDELINE OF WHEN TO CONSIDER STARTING WEANING 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 21