Breast feeding

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed it's not. And the support information and advice is not as it should be.
I'm not against formula feeding at all, I'm glad it is there as a plan B. I just don't understand when it is used as plan A without a drop of breastmilk.

😂 yes he will do soon no doubt.
Lucky for you I'm not here to name call.
Lucky for you Im not either. 😉😉 But you have asked for it lol.

There could be a plethora of reasons, someone might not want to divulge. It's a very personal choice. One of many we make as a parent. We can only ever do our best. While for you it means breast feeding, for others it doesn't. Parenthood is wonderful but bloody hard aswell. We navigate it the best we can. We should support others desions, and accept our opinions and ideals aren't always shared. By all means if someone asks you, your veiws, share them. If not then perhaps don't? If it's an open debate, be prepared to listen, you still may not agree but atleast you may understand better why some choose differently.
I think this thread seems to be a place for open debate where opinions are shared wether asked for or not.
I am listening , or reading carefully. Especially to an earlier poster asking out of interest why some have chosen while pregnant not to breastfeed. I still can't comprehend given everything I know about the benefits of breastfeeding, or rather - what babies are born expecting. Sharing these facts in the hope of raising awareness.

Reactions: 3
I think this thread seems to be a place for open debate where opinions are shared wether asked for or not.
I am listening , or reading carefully. Especially to an earlier poster asking out of interest why some have chosen while pregnant not to breastfeed. I still can't comprehend given everything I know about the benefits of breastfeeding, or rather - what babies are born expecting. Sharing these facts in the hope of raising awareness.
Can I ask, what the possible long term adverse effects of not breast feeding are?

Can I ask, what the possible long term adverse effects of not breast feeding are ?
Id rather not use the term adverse affects , don't want to be accused of vilifying! Rather - - benefits of breastfeeding. There are many but the most published research shows breastfed babies/adults have higher IQ, are at lower risk of many physical diseases and improved mental health. Mums health risks are also lowered with regards to many cancers and other diseases.
Google will give you all you want to find. 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Id rather not use the term adverse affects , don't want to be accused of vilifying! Rather - - benefits of breastfeeding. There are many but the most published research shows breastfed babies/adults have higher IQ, are at lower risk of many physical diseases and improved mental health. Mums health risks are also lowered with regards to many cancers and other diseases.
that didnt answer the question

Reactions: 2
Because it is their body and they have the right to utilise a perfectly good alternative. You have no right to question another woman’s decisions on what to do with her body.

How do you know if a woman is breastfeeding? Don’t worry she’ll tell you. Worse than vegans 🤣

P.S I’m currently breastfeeding, literally as I type this (see I told you, worse than a vegan).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ok Thankyou. I can only comment on my own experiences. I can't prove or disprove any of the above. I can only say, my children have all had to have formula. As explained, I had no milk with all 4 pregnancies. So far my eldest is heading to 6th form and my others are doing well. My youngest has autism..But that isn't connected. I'm thankful for each of them. My nan breastfed 7.They're all so different, intelligence and healthwise. Lots of factors contribute to our health and maybe some of it is fate?

Reactions: 6
that didnt answer the question
If you can read between the lines then it does. Maybe you're not capable
Because it is their body and they have the right to utilise a perfectly good alternative. You have no right to question another woman’s decisions on what to do with her body.

How do you know if a woman is breastfeed? Don’t worry she’ll tell you. Worse than vegans 🤣

P.S I’m currently breastfeeding, literally as I type this (see I told you, worse than a vegan).
In my opinion formula is not "prefectly good." If it made no difference to baby's health then whatever, but it potentially has a huge impact. This is the part I don't get.

It is perfectly good it keeps babies alive, helps them to grow and satisfies hunger.

Ok Thankyou. I can only comment on my own experiences. I can't prove or disprove any of the above. I can only say, my children have all had to have formula. As explained, I had no milk with all 4 pregnancies. So far my eldest is heading to 6th form and my others are doing well. My youngest has autism..But that isn't connected. I'm thankful for each of them. My nan breastfed 7.They're all so different, intelligence and healthwise. Lots of factors contribute to our health and maybe some of it is fate?
Absolutely, breastfeeding will not prevent lots of conditions , it's just risk lowering. Genetics/fate probably play a bigger role.

Absolutely, breastfeeding will not prevent lots of conditions , it's just risk lowering. Genetics/fate probably play a bigger role.
The benefits are grossly exaggerated, it’s been suggested it’s playing a part in the Anti vax movement (the over exaggerated claims). It’s good but it’s not greatly better than formula. Minuscule in the grand scheme. It’s like when the NHS says “obesity is crippling the NHS, cardiovascular disease on the rise” more than half of people with cardiovascular disease are not obese so the numbers suggest thin people are crippling the NHS. Doesn’t make a good headline though. I work in statistics, I like the numbers not the theories and carefully selected data.

Reactions: 7
So you ARE capable of accepting that genetics fate and lifestyle have a bigger impact then? 😁 "its just risk lowering".
And I say again. All 4 of my children are happy healthy functioning adults lol. I was not breastfed either btw...

In a country with social health care, there are scapegoats and villains.

WHO had guidelines and suggestions. The NHS pushes it.

Doesn’t mean formula is bad.

So you ARE capable of accepting that genetics fate and lifestyle have a bigger impact then? 😁 "its just risk lowering".
And I say again. All 4 of my children are happy healthy functioning adults lol. I was not breastfed either btw...
Yes - never said otherwise.
I only signed up to Tattle after weeks of browsing silently tonight after your shocking comment about removing the breast when baby can hold a cup. As I said for me this would have been at 4 months and would have been very damaging to my baby emotionally and physically - why would you think this is okay?. It also insinuates that breastmilk is only for thirst which is completely untrue.
Breastfeeding is not a golden ticket to a healthy happy life of course there are other factors involved but it will certainly play an important role and contribute so why would you not attempt it - you did yourself so you obviously agree and I'm not sure why you keep trying to argue with me.
Have made my point and hopefully shared some valuable information, i won't keep going on. I should be sleeping!

The benefits are grossly exaggerated, it’s been suggested it’s playing a part in the Anti vax movement (the over exaggerated claims). It’s good but it’s not greatly better than formula. Minuscule in the grand scheme. It’s like when the NHS says “obesity is crippling the NHS, cardiovascular disease on the rise” more than half of people with cardiovascular disease are not obese so the numbers suggest thin people are crippling the NHS. Doesn’t make a good headline though. I work in statistics, I like the numbers not the theories and carefully selected data.
I would have to disagree after seeing the short list of ingredients in formula versus the thousands of live, ever changing and adapting and number unknown "ingredients" in breastmilk.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes - never said otherwise.
I only signed up to Tattle after weeks of browsing silently tonight after your shocking comment about removing the breast when baby can hold a cup. As I said for me this would have been at 4 months and would have been very damaging to my baby emotionally and physically - why would you think this is okay?. It also insinuates that breastmilk is only for thirst which is completely untrue.
Breastfeeding is not a golden ticket to a healthy happy life of course there are other factors involved but it will certainly play an important role and contribute so why would you not attempt it - you did yourself so you obviously agree and I'm not sure why you keep trying to argue with me.
Have made my point and hopefully shared some valuable information, i won't keep going on. I should be sleeping!
Whats shocking is that you have been dwelling so long on a flippant comment made by a stranger on Tattle. And whether I , or anyone, chooses to breastfeed or not should be of no real concern to you. Frankly Im amazed by the time you have invested tonight arguing with me about this. And yes I agree you should be sleeping, or maybe spending time with your child.

Reactions: 1
Whats shocking is that you have been dwelling so long on a flippant comment made by a stranger on Tattle. And whether I , or anyone, chooses to breastfeed or not should be of no real concern to you. Frankly Im amazed by the time you have invested tonight arguing with me about this. And yes I agree you should be sleeping, or maybe spending time with your child.
Flippant to you yet damaging to me and lots of other breastfeeding mums. Maybe a lesson. For you.
Child in bed and I'm away to join him - yes we co sleep I'm sure you will be DELIGHTED to hear. Good night.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Flippant to you yet damaging to me and lots of other breastfeeding mums. Maybe a lesson. For you.
Child in bed and I'm away to join him - yes we co sleep I'm sure you will be DELIGHTED to hear. Good night.
Now why doesnt that surprise me ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You need to lighten up a little.
Goodnight 🤣🤣

Now why doesnt that surprise me ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You need to lighten up a little.
Goodnight 🤣🤣
Snowflake 😉😁

Fed is best.
I BF my oldest for almost a month before I stopped because he wasn’t gaining weight and it just wasn’t working. I felt so guilty but once I got over the guilt I felt so much better mentally and he was happy and was gaining weight.

Literally got told in a Facebook group tonight that by formula feeding my son I gave him the leukemia that killed him when he was 4. Because apparently FF increases risk of leukemia which is completely BS. So bleeping over mum groups and mum shamers.

• Sad
Reactions: 8