Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
I'm getting my second time botox tomorrow in my jaw for bruxism, I clench and grind my teeth terribly at night. Can't wait for it, it's the best thing ever!
My doctor also puts a bit into the chin area and the really nice side effect is that it's doesn't "crumple" anymore after and generally looks a bit smoother. You couldn't tell I've had it but it makes a big difference to me. I might ask her to put any leftover, if there is any, in my forehead. Last time, there's wasn't any leftover, she had to go back and get a second vial :rolleyes: Jaw muscles need a lot of product....

Reactions: 3

Death2unicorns

Chatty Member
I know a lot of good advice has already been given, so I’ll just say that I absolutely love Botox, haven’t been able to get it for nearly three years now due to pregnancy, breastfeeding for 2 years and now I’m pregnant again, pregnant and breastfeeding, a double whammy of ‘no Botox for you’! And not being able to get it is bloody killing me, I love it so much I was seriously considering weaning my baby off the breast and not ever having any more kids, just so I could resume getting Botox, lol

Dizzy

VIP Member
Good stuff! Mine are settling too - really pleased with the results, she did a great job.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Have you had it? Do you get it regularly? Any regrets?
Considering having botox on the fine lines on my forehead. Possibly a very small enhancement to my lips as well. More worried about the lip as I really don't want to end up with a mouth like Daffy Duck. All advice welcome!
Sorry I can't help but I've been wondering this too, (apart from the lips as nature was kind enough to bless me in that department at least), but I'm definitely interested in having my forehead and smile lines doing. Also, the skin under my eyes is quite thin and crepey, I hate it. Can anyone say if this something botox can help with too?

HarryToby

I had lip fillers and was going to go back for botox, I decided against it as I'd already spent a fortune going back time and time again for my lips. It was addictive and I'm poor 😂

Has anyone had botox in the jaw muscles to narrow the jaw down?
I'm actually due to have this in a few weeks, not for cosmetic reasons though. I have something called TMD (tempromandibular jaw dysfunction) which affects the muscles in my face and causes chronic pain. I'm having it at the hospital. I didn't realise it had any aesthetic affects when done there as I always associated botox to the forehead and around the crows feet. I'll come back and report if you like?

MissTeddy

VIP Member
What age did you ladies start getting Botox? Or would you recommend someone gets it? I want to prevent any lines/wrinkles. Is baby Botox or preventative Botox a thing? I’m 24 🙂

I have lip fillers but always wondered about Botox
I was in my 40s -but it didn’t exist in my 20s.
Personally id say, save your money, live your life and enjoy your youth - maybe revisit the idea in your 30s ?

Reactions: 2
Did they settle?
I’m having mine done on Friday for the first time and worried about this happening.
Just seen your other comment 😂 it did settle, but it took 3 days for it to look normal. It was the first time I’ve had teoxane, so I’m guessing my lip reacted differently to that kind of filler.

101d

VIP Member
Has anyone had success with botox to help symptoms of bruxism (jaw clenching)?

Columbo

VIP Member
Thanks so much for all your fab advice guys, I think I'm convinced. My botox fund starts now 😂 still a bit unsure about the lips but I think I'm definitely going to go for the forehead. My husband thinks I'm mad and tells me I don't need it but I think it would give me a little boost.

Also random question but I know 2 ladies who have botox in their forehead and the skin in that area looks perfect, no pimples or spots ever, is this just something that happens with botox?

• Heart

penny1992

Chatty Member
I’m thinking of getting Botox for the first time for fine lines on my forehead/frown line. I’ve been considering it for a while but I think now I am really starting to need it - I’m 34. The rest of my skin is good, no crows feet or anything

I’ve found a high end skin clinic with really good reviews right near my house, and a free initial consultation so I can get a feel for it before I go. My only hesitations are I really still want to look natural, I definitely don’t want the frozen face look, and I don’t want it to be obvious I’ve gotten Botox. I also don’t want it to be a slippery slope - I’ve seen what that can do to peoples faces. Does anyone here maintain a really natural look with Botox? Or is it always going to be obvious/result in a frozen forehead over time? And I’ll just keep needing more and more to keep the skin smooth?
I got Botox last year at a plastic surgeon's office. I had 30 units in my frown lines and still had some movement so wasn't frozen. It's quite a high amount of units though as my muscles are strong.
The injector told me that when it is someone's first time getting Botox she will recommend doing frown lines only to see if they like it.
When you get your forehead done you have to have frown lines done too so there's no drooping.
She said Botox in the forehead is more obvious than frown lines as it gives you a lift even with low units. Having frown lines and forehead done as someone's first treatment can be more "shocking" for them lol.

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
How must does a good person usually cost roughly?? I know it’s gonna differ massively round the country just an average?

Have you had it? Do you get it regularly? Any regrets?
Considering having botox on the fine lines on my forehead. Possibly a very small enhancement to my lips as well. More worried about the lip as I really don't want to end up with a mouth like Daffy Duck. All advice welcome!
Do you mean filler for the lips, not Botox? . If the lines above the lip are fine , a small amount of filler can make a difference, but if they’re very noticeable, filler would make the area thick and heavy, and you might end up like Felicity Kendal! Usually filler is put in the lips themselves and that makes the lines aboveless noticeable, but there is always some swelling at first and that would put me off. With filler, it can have a very good result, but less is more! Certainly helps improve marionette lines. Re Botox, another poster said about it lasting for a year- i thought it lasted much less than than that, about 3-4 months, and it’s expensive.

smurphette

VIP Member

This guy also has a few videos about fillers. Not scaremongering so much as saying that they won't necessarily just be completely vanished after a year. They may linger for a looong time. So to be aware. For some people that might be a bonus!

London123

How do you find someone good? All the websites I’ve looked at all look great so not sure how to tell the good from bad!

elliebee27

VIP Member
Getting my crow's feet done this morning. I've had in my forehead - not only have the deep genetic lines gone but no more menstrual migraines which is a wonder. I go to a nurse who trained at a plastic surgeon's office. Very against the fake frozen look. She wants her patients to look like humans! I had gone to a different person first to get a consult but they all had the Nicole Kidman plump frozen face.

I'm interested in filler but the idea of it never going away kind of scares me (just a bit in my lower lip to fill them out)...

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Another point to mention is that if you go to someone who isn’t medically trained (e.g a beauty therapist) then they should have a nurse practitioner to prescribe the Botox.

I also had Botox in my underarms for hyperhidrosis a few years ago and I had two separate appointments - one with a doctor first who asked me lots of questions and looked at my medical history, before prescribing it for the therapist to carry out.

I follow a lot of salon pages on insta and I saw someone ask the question about “would I need to see a prescriber first” to someone who has just trained in Botox. Her reply was “no we’ll sort that out our end before your appointment”. That sort of thing would put me off.

• Heart

Cameforalook

I am also 28 and researching Botox. I think this has been discussed the other way around, but does anyone know if you have to have the 11s lines done if you just want the forehand done? I basically have 3/4 strong lines in my forehead that bother me but no 11s lines so wouldn’t want to pay for that area if I don’t have to xx
I’ve just turned 28 and I’ve had my forehead done and my crows feet . I was the same I had deep lines in my forehead.My injector said normally people get the frown in between the eyes done aswell but it was my first time and wanted to stick to the forehead and crows feet and was happy to just do the two areas ! I absolutely love it my face just feels fresh and hydrated and make up sits lovely ! You Defo don’t need to the get the 11s with the forehead unless your injector obviously says otherwise but I’m glad I didn’t I didn’t need to . Good luck you will love it x

tspnwn

Botox. Do you like to get full on frozen forehead or a bit of movement?
I'd love to have a frozen forehead but neither of the ladies I've been to will do it! 😂 I get where they're coming from though, a bit of movement makes it so much less obvious you've had it

Best thing I have ever done. I get a brow lift with it so just the forehead and the pay off on it is brilliant. I’ve tried filler in the past but for what I paid it didn’t make that great a difference and no way near as a good as Botox.

• Heart