Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clairer86

VIP Member
i have botox in my forehead, i also have 2 ml of filler in my lips, my chin done, my nasolabial lines, my cheek bones, and a little extra filler on my right side of my face.
It is honestly the best thing i have done for myself in such a long time. I go to an actual doctor though, and not a beauty therapist- i had face surgery as a child so its quite a complex thing for me and i needed someone non judgemental, and who understood, had experience etc- and she worked in reconstructive surgery before she went into aesthetics so she has a really good understanding of my needs, and i trust her. Im not a snob at all, and my issues partly stem from my childhood surgery but i couldnt go to a beauty therapist to get my work done. I have my next appointment at the end of the month and i cant wait for my top ups.

Reactions: 7

wizardora

My husband doesn’t even know I get it! I still have movement but a lovely smooth forehead

• Heart
Reactions: 6

penny1992

Chatty Member
I got Botox in June for my frown lines and whilst I really liked it, I haven't had it done again yet. I just don't feel the urgency which is a good thing I guess. The full effects didn't wear off until November.
I've been using retinol and taking collagen supplements and my skin looks the best it ever has. I'm using the ordinary retinol 1% with squalane 2-3x a week and of course a high spf. And then taking Webber collagen and biotin supplements.

Dizzy

VIP Member
There are different types of botox so one could react quicker than another or give slightly different results.

My OH isn't a fan either but fails to see the correlation between how I look and me having work done! He often says "I think you look really good, why do you have stuff done" - because if I didn't, I wouldn't look like this sweetheart! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

To cat lady

Chatty Member
I absolutely love Botox! I’m pregnant and I can’t have it and the feeling of the forehead unfreezing and the lines coming back is horrible! Can’t wait to go back. Don’t worry about lip filler you would need a lot to end up looking like a duck! Even 1ml would be natural

• Heart

Bluetomato

Just thought I’d come on and say I went ahead and got Botox about 3 weeks ago, and I absolutely LOVE the results! I really wish I had done it sooner 🙂

• Heart

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Top tips;
Don’t buy a “cheap deal” off groupon or such like
Shop about
Talk to people you know
Look at people’s insta pages
Don’t take ibuprofen or aspirin leading up to it. It’ll make you bruise
Same goes for vitamins etc.
take arnica

ginger tea

Chatty Member
Iv been getting Botox for almost 20 year and nobody has ever asked me if iv had anything done 😊 iv always went for a more natural look with some movement 👍🏻 iv had a few compliments saying I look good for my age 😊

• Heart

plainandsimple

I can only describe it like you'd imagine how you would wake up looking if you'd had the best night's sleep ever! 👌🏼
I'd be surprised anyone would regret it but if anyone is sceptical, do your research and definitely go with someone who is medically trained, you might pay a bit more but like anything, you get what you pay for!

KM857

Just make sure you find a good healthcare professional to do it, look at reviews, get recommendations etc
Dont go for the cheapest.
Most importantly just go for it, they don’t last, just get it done and if you don’t like it then don’t get it done again. I’ve had my lips, forehead, cheekbones and jawline done. I’ve only continued with the forehead botox as that’s what I really liked and felt the most benefit from.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

4tuhju

I've been grinding my teeth as a symptom of ptsd for the past 6 moths and after my nxt dental treatment I'm going to have botox in my jaw muscles. Apparently it can help relax them and stop teeth grinding, but apparently is one of those things that only works for some people. I'll post again in this thread once I've had it done if anyones interested or has had the same problem.
About 12 years ago I had botox in my feet (hate wearing socks so wanted to stop them sweating) it was great for that, and I could wear killer heels with no pain. My friend had it in her armpits at same time to stop sweating and it worked

I have a forehead wrinkle between my eyebrows which does bother me and I have been tempted to get Botox for so long but I keep talking myself out of it 😂 I’m only 28 but I think it’s down to me squinting when I was younger and didn’t want to wear my specs! The wrinkle is only obvious when I have make up on, just now when I’m wfh with no make up on it’s not so much of a big deal but it’s still there. I’ve tried serums and creams but nothing gets rid of it! I think when life goes back to normal and I’ll just book in and get it done.

My face is really asymmetrical and one of my cheeks is bigger than the other if that makes sense. My left cheek bone and jaw line is much more defined than my right. So I’d like someone to look at that too - I guess filler? Wouldn’t mind a little filler in my top lip too.

Brianbadonde

Had my first sprinkling of Botox today (I’m 35) excited to see what happens over the next week.. just had frown line and forehead as those lines have suddenly got a bit deeper and don’t go away anymore. Pretty sure staring at a tiny laptop for a year while wfh hasn’t helped 😬 went to a lady who was an a&e nurse for many years and has been injecting for 20 years so trusted her completely ☺

veevee04

VIP Member
I had my first baby Botox today at 28 , I was starting to get a line on my forehead I just want my makeup to go on smoothly , I had 0.5 ml filler in my smile lines and 0.5ml in my top lip my other half didn't even notice a change when I got home 🤣 . I'm having it for preventative reasons I'm going to go every 5 months or so. I like the slight tweaks not the fake look I think people get addicted .

Bae56

I love botox. I've had 2 areas on my forehead done but next time I'm only going for one. I don't like how it makes my brow/eye area look when I get two.
I cannot stress enough how fresh it makes your skin look & how beautiful makeup sits on top.

Lips, love it too. As I get older I feel I want less. I haven't needed them done in years. Next time I only want 0.5ml but my favourite filler doesn't come in this & it's expensive.

Not everyone doesn't know when to stop with these kinds of procedures & they're great for an enhancement.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Do you think getting Botox in the first place has prevented lines for you or at least prevented them from getting too deep? I'm contemplating to start getting a tiny bit of Botox in some areas, I know my genes and where I likely will get deeper lines than I want, but like you, I also don't want to look "done" and completely smooth when it doesn't match the rest of my appearance anymore.
Oh definitely and I'm still a big fan of botox done well but as we age, I think it's important to revaluate what is working and what isn't. For me, as the rest of my face is ageing, I want it all to match up if you see what I mean. I think as you get older, good work is more about volume, texture and luminosity of the skin rather then eliminating all the wrinkles. Stands to reason that what worked at 35 probably isn't going to get the same resuults at 55.

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
My lips have settled down overnight and I’m really pleased with the way they look. Makes me look younger 🙂

Secretadmirer

VIP Member
I’m exactly the same as you and am considering it over the next few years. I don’t think I need it right now but I’m noticing some lines getting deeper that I know will only get worse over the next few years. It seems it’s quite a normal thing to get now and I think why not?! If do your research before going somewhere and its just a natural look you want that helps you feel good about yourself then go for it.

• Heart

openbook1

VIP Member
I started having Botox at 21... it wasn’t about looking old, it was about not liking the movement in my face for me
A lot of people are starting preventative now. I am going to be 29 this year and will be booking myself in. I am only just seeing the slight indent of an 11. Getting it done now, means less product will be needed so less expensive 😁. In my mind, I would rather start early than wait til I have very deep lines that will take a number of treatments to go away.

• Heart
Reactions: 4