Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
I would love to get Botox, it’s something I have thought about more and more tbh. Kids and this past year have aged me....😂😂

I would also love to get lip filler too. My lips are so thin and I would like just a bit of a confidence boost

Reactions: 2

Clickbait

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a good botox practitioner in Hampshire or London or Cambridge? Thanks xx
Viva Skin Clinics - Dr Rupert: he’s a trained doctor and very good. Personally I wouldn’t have anything injected in my face but anyone but a medical professional.

wizardora

Had it done 4 weeks ago - just my crows feet and between my brows. Love the results. I had to have a top up between my brows after 2 weeks - those lines were pretty bad.
She said I’d likely need to have it every 5-6 months. Next time I’ll definitely get my forehead too

Snowjoke

VIP Member
I’m thinking of getting Botox for the first time for fine lines on my forehead/frown line. I’ve been considering it for a while but I think now I am really starting to need it - I’m 34. The rest of my skin is good, no crows feet or anything

I’ve found a high end skin clinic with really good reviews right near my house, and a free initial consultation so I can get a feel for it before I go. My only hesitations are I really still want to look natural, I definitely don’t want the frozen face look, and I don’t want it to be obvious I’ve gotten Botox. I also don’t want it to be a slippery slope - I’ve seen what that can do to peoples faces. Does anyone here maintain a really natural look with Botox? Or is it always going to be obvious/result in a frozen forehead over time? And I’ll just keep needing more and more to keep the skin smooth?
I got Botox on my forehead and 11 area. Ive never done my eyes as like you I don’t have crowes feet… yet lol No one knows I’ve got it done 😂 definitely research a good place so you can get the look you want! And also someone that will be honest with you about what you want to achieve. I personally don’t like the totally frozen look so I’m glad my Botox lady is able to achieve a natural look. It definitely can be done

Mamacita

VIP Member
Yeah that’s not right, did they have you go back after a couple of weeks? I did when I got mine and needed quite a bit more because I had very strong forehead muscles apparently! Give them a ring.
No, but she did say if there are any issues to just let her know so might ask if I can come for review.

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Does anyone ever find that some times it just doesn’t work as well? I’ve had it about four times, about four months apart, and this time it just doesn’t seem as good. Same Dr, same amount (as far as I know anyway). My forehead is frozen but my main issue, frown line, doesn’t seem as improved as it usually does!

I’m praying it’s just a one off…

Mamacita

VIP Member
I’m beginning to worry my forehead has built resistance against it now! The first time I had it done, I could tell that evening! I was amazed. I had it done for the third time on Friday afternoon and there’s barley any change whatsoever.
I’ve read it can take up to a week to notice a difference, but why did it work so quickly the first time?! 🤔
It can take up to two weeks for full effect, I never see anything on the first day,maybe only after a week

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Sat doing my make up for tonight and forehead lines are appearing again. I last had Botox on 5th November. Is there anything stronger than Botox?! 😂 no lines when I scowl, though.

For reference, I had my first ever lot on 13th aug and then more in my follow up on 3rd September. Then I went back in November because it seemed to be wearing off. Arghh 😤
Oooh that does seem to be wearing off quickly 😌 I got mine done in October and still not back to wrinkleville. It’s definitely addictive lol

Ninetiesbitxh

Recently had Botox for the first time and I must say I’m so happy with the results but lord I felt like I had a headache for days afterwards! Then I stared at my face for too long and convinced myself my eyebrows had completely changed and gone straight 😂, over that now and love my smooth forehead. I had two areas - forehead and 11’s (between eyebrows) as you can’t have just forehead as it can make your eyebrows droop. I’d not considered how strange it would feel afterwards, like someone said above it feels like there’s a plank of wood on your forehead 😂

Nugget11

Has anyone had any issues with it not really working? I’ve had it twice now, about 3 months apart and really not seen the effects I expected - the first time I had to have two top ups because it just didn’t seem to do anything and the second time was slightly better but not much to be honest. The girl I’ve gone to is a qualified nurse so I’m comfortable she knows what she’s doing

milkywaymelon

I couldn't find a thread on filler so just putting this here. I got chin filler yesterday in a very highly recommended and expensive clinic. They didn't numb me at all. I almost fainted and it's pretty sore today. Is this standard procedure?

First time over had filler but had Botox a few times.

• Wow

Snowjoke

VIP Member
Ah feck I do think it was my own fault for not going back. But I ended up on the wrong side of the country. I also have very powerful forehead muscles and a very expressive face so she did warn me not to expect it to last too long. But I figured that meant three months rather than six

Thanks all!

I do believe that the more you get it done, the less often you need to do it? or is that just filler?
Botox doesn’t build up so it will always wear off regardless. Don’t think if you get it done more often it will build up and last longer because it won’t… all it will do is drain your wallet lol

ETA I get mine done twice a year normally around the start of summer and then the start of dec.

MrsLucas

VIP Member
I'm seriously thinking of getting botox, however want i want to do is fix a droopy eyebrow. One of my eyebrows has a droopy eyelid compared to the other one. I can notice it and one of my eyebrows looks higher than the other. Is this something that botox can fix?
couldn’t you ask for a brow lift when you get your Botox? Im hoping to hold out for my next top up until December for Christmas. I absolutely love having it done it’s magic!!

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
So would frown lines between my eyebrows count as 1 area and then for my whole forehead I’d book in for 2?
You can just get frown lines done, for both areas it would be 2. My Botox doctor said they shouldn’t offer to just do forehead on its own, you need to do both forehead and frown line or the opposing muscles in your frown area will get stronger and you’ll frown more. I’m not sure if that’s exactly what she said but it was basically saying you need to cancel out the opposing muscles or something to prevent imbalances!

candyland_

VIP Member
The swelling has gone after my lip fillers on Friday and I already want to book in another 1.1m. I loved them for the first couple of days but they are smaller than I’d like now.

Clairer86

VIP Member
I had teoxane which is meant to last the same as vobella. Maybe it’s because I look at my lips everyday, but it’s been 2 months and I already feel like they need doing again.
Sometimes i feel like that, but i do think its because i look at them every day and other people all tell me they havent gone down. and when i take a picture, they do still look plump.
I think some people fall in love with how they look when they first get them done and when they are swollen and then feel disappointed when it calms down. I did as well at first lol. But saying that, i am getting 1ml put in my lips at the end of the month- i last had 2 ml back in october. :) But thats only if she will let me- she can be quite strict and wont just put loads in because her clients want them done. So im hoping for 1 ml, but she might only put 0.6 in.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Has anyone had it for a frown line? I have such a deep dent there but it’s not really a wrinkle, if that makes sense. It’s more like a valley. I think I need filler but my dermatologist who I mentioned it to said he’d never put filler there as it’s so close to the ocular nerve. I don’t know if Botox will do anything for it though.

ETA should have checked entire thread first, just read some others with similar descriptions. If anyone has any experience to share I am all ears ☺
I’m not an expert by any means as I’ve only had Botox once! From what I know it relaxes your muscles completely, so if you relax your face and look in the mirror that’s what it will look like and it won’t move... so if your wrinkle is still there it might not completely get rid of it, but it will stop it getting worse and it won’t be more visible when you make expressions (because you won’t be able to 😆)