Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

openbook1

VIP Member
I am booked in for my consultation in a few weeks. I did a lot of research of where to go to get it done and picked a plastic surgery office that has very high reviews and a properly trained injector.
I am quite excited. I don't have any deep lines but have a little indent in one of my 11s and a little line in the middle of my forehead. I want to get Botox in them now before they get deeper and would require more units / be more expensive. On my mum's side of the family, 11s are quite deep so I want to get ahead of them. I also feel like I frown in my sleep (LOL).
Anyway. I want to get enough done to be preventative but still want to be able to have expressions - just less deep lines when I frown or raise my eyebrows. I don't want to be completely frozen. I think it looks strange when someone has so much botox that when they are crying their face doesn't move, like Kim Kardashian, haha.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Dizzy

VIP Member
Well after probably 15 years of getting it, I've stopped having botox! I've started using an LED mask everyday and the condition of my skin has definitely improved. I'm older so it was looking weird to have a smooth area around my eyes and then aged skin elsewhere on my face so I'm concentrating on keeping my skin well hydrated and in as good a condition as possible using a strong retinoid and the mask. I still have fillers on my cheeks every 18 months (thin face) and yesterday I had my smokers lines (I don't smoke, just the way I speak) done for the first time and a tiny bit of filler in my lips. I look comically swollen today and quite sore - really want them to chill out a bit! For me, as I get older I don't want to look "done", I just want to look as well and fresh as possible.

Lollypad

VIP Member
I’m starting to consider it for forehead lines... is it one of those things where you HAVE to keep having it once you start?

LucilleBluth

Has anyone had it for a frown line? I have such a deep dent there but it’s not really a wrinkle, if that makes sense. It’s more like a valley. I think I need filler but my dermatologist who I mentioned it to said he’d never put filler there as it’s so close to the ocular nerve. I don’t know if Botox will do anything for it though.

ETA should have checked entire thread first, just read some others with similar descriptions. If anyone has any experience to share I am all ears ☺

Last edited:

Brianbadonde

Does anyone else get a shiny forehead? How can I make it less shiny?! I don’t have particularly oily skin but since getting Botox for the first time 1.5 weeks ago (which I’m loving, yay for this thread!) it just looks so shiny. Even though I went to a good place, she didn’t put too much in and I can still move etc.
The shine happens because the smoothness causes light to bounce off the skin in a different way than it did before (when there were crevices/lines etc).. nothing you can do about it really and it will calm down as the Botox wears off

mandc

had it done once a couple of months ago and cannot wait till it's time to go again. Ultimate glow up. I had a couple of appointments booked with different doctors/dentist in London, but with all of the restrictions I ended up cancelling. Then I thought, if I am going into London (30mins away on the train to waterloo) maybe I will just find a dentist near me. And I did. and it is perfect. I don't have to travel, dentists are well trained (but not all of them do it) and she put me at ease and did very little and then I went back for a check up and a slight top up. No one noticed I had it done. But I did as my 11 lines (between the eyebrows) really were annoying me.

• Heart

jensss25

It’s literally just a smaller amount but the product is the same. I started baby botox when I was in my late twenties and I’m now 35 and have zero wrinkles (with top ups every 4 months)

Baby botox gives less of that frozen look and is really preventative rather than for treating set wrinkles.

Kitty4321

I’m fairly slim but was considering a few areas, but for now I’ll probably go with one, jawline/chin, hips or thighs. Which would you recommend?
Out of the 2 I’d say I’d say the chin if you’re pretty slim already you’d probably get a nice result from just the one! Then book in for a second after depending on how you feel. Let me know how you get on ❤

Those who have had Botox how many weeks/months did it last for?
Depends on quite a few factors life style metabolism etc I find mine usually starts to wear off at around 12-16 weeks but probs get it re done maybe 5/6 months? I do like quite a frozen look though ha some people I know only have it every 8 months? X

• Heart

penny1992

Chatty Member
I’m booked in for my first ever Botox on Tuesday! I had a consultation and it’s with a nurse (who also works in ICU) so I feel I’m in good hands.

Just wondering if anyone knows how common bruising is? And are they bad bruises if it happens? Could I cover it with makeup? I’m meant to be meeting up with a new guy that night (around 7pm ish), appt is at 10:15am. I’ll definitely follow the aftercare instructions of no exercise and staying upright for 4 hours etc, and no alcohol or ibuprofen, but I bruise easily, so I’m worried I’ll look awful afterwards!
I never got bruising. I had red marks that looked like little bee stings that lasted maybe half an hour.

openbook1

VIP Member
Has anyone had it for a frown line? I have such a deep dent there but it’s not really a wrinkle, if that makes sense. It’s more like a valley. I think I need filler but my dermatologist who I mentioned it to said he’d never put filler there as it’s so close to the ocular nerve. I don’t know if Botox will do anything for it though.

ETA should have checked entire thread first, just read some others with similar descriptions. If anyone has any experience to share I am all ears ☺
Yes Botox is used for 11's. I have a little dent on my right one. My mum has very deep frown lines and I fear I may get the same. I am going to have some preventative Botox done there and my forehead this year.

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I get botox for the first time on Saturday and so nervous at what to expect, I'm not too fussed on my forehead as its not that bad but I hate the areas around my eyes. I will let you know how I get on. My main reason is to just feel a bit better in myself, I always feel self conscious when it comes to my skin.

• Heart

TJ90

VIP Member
Whatever you do just please do your research.
I have my forehead and crows feet done. Also think about the look you want. I wanted to be completely frozen! Some prefer a little bit of movement but I like no movement whatsoever on me. I had a long consultation with my practitioner and asked so many questions. He also lifts my eyebrows with the Botox to to give me the effect I desired.

• Heart

Rubysue123

Chatty Member
Could anyone recommend a good doctor for Botox based in Manchester? I’ve had bad experiences in the past so no idea where to go!xx
I have just booked into Consultant clinic in Manchester. I haven’t been before but I will report back! Booked for 21st may. Bit nervous but I’m sure I won’t look back as my forehead lines have been an insecurity for a while now and like people have said on this thread, if I don’t like it it will wear off! Thanks for all these comments on this thread it’s made me feel a lot better about booking, it seems like 28 is a common age to go for it xx

Last edited:
  • Heart

sixdinnersid83

Chatty Member
I have Botox every six months from a plastic surgeon, I had the nurse once and she was just as good but I have also seen a few local ‘hooligans’ advertising locally and I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

I get my forehead done, my ‘11’s are really prominent otherwise.

openbook1

VIP Member
Soo can you still move your face? Just wondering, I would still like to retain some movement but equally want the treatment to do what it should 🤣 I think I'd probably do forehead and frown lines, but I'm not even sure if I'm a good candidate for it as my eyebrows are quite low, heard botox can make this worse 🤔
Do your research when it comes to injectors... don't just cheap out. A good one will know where NOT to apply botox so you do not get droopy eyes.
Facial movement depends on how many units you get... if you still want movement, you tell the injector that and less units will be used.

Bluetomato

I got it done over 5 weeks ago now and can't see any results at all 😑
You really should have seen some sort of result by now - was it your first time going? Most clinics near me offer another appointment after 2 weeks to see how it is, topping up if necessary. I’d call your clinic and see what they say.