Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hope77

Mine lasts 3 months max :( I must frown too much! ;) Im trying to have a break now until after summer plus is so expensive its hard to justify at the moment :(

Reactions: 4

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I've had botox a few times on my 11 lines on my forehead. I've got one brow lower than the other so I go to a qualified Dr to get it done because he knows exactly where to put the injections so I don't end up uneven. I used to have it done every six months, which stopped the lines but also meant I didn't end up with a frozen head.

I had it once on my crows feet but didn't like it, I have high cheeks and it made my smile look strange to me, nobody else noticed it. The Dr said I could have baby botox there in future but I've never been tempted again.

Botox is a great preventative too, my frown lines are nowhere near as pronounced now as they were 5 years ago, even though I haven't had botox since September 2019

EmerH88

Got mine about 8 weeks ago (2 areas - frown line and 11s) and I'm OBSESSED 😂 when I go back for top up I wanna get crows feet done and even contemplating smokers lines around my mouth

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I’ve had it once just before lockdown so haven’t been back for a top up - I had my forehead done and needed a lot as I have very strong forehead muscles apparently 😂 At the time I loved having a smooth forehead and didn’t have to worry about photos or how I looked, but It did make my eyebrows a bit “straight across” and I had even more of a RBF than I do usually! I’m not sure if it was just the technique the lady used, but like I said at the time this didn’t bother me! The harsh botox look lasted probably 2/3 months and then it gradually faded back to normal within 6 months.

I wouldn’t actually get it again at the moment, with masks the only part of my face that I can express myself with is my forehead/eyebrows!

• Heart

Had for the first time back in April and it’s so subtle it I love it. I was terrified I’d look frozen but I can still move my eyebrows and it’s just given me a boost. No one else has noticed (which I’m pleased about). It’s a lot of money for a little boost (I had 3 areas) but for myself, I’d say it’s worth it!

derbyshiregirl

I love Botox, not gonna lie. I’ve had forehead lines as long as I can remember and having a massive forehead I was always unhappy with them. Best thing I’ve done.

I’d love lip fillers but I just can’t accept having a needle in my lips it makes me go all funny. So annoying because i’d love it.

Honestly, go for it

• Heart
i have botox in my forehead, i also have 2 ml of filler in my lips, my chin done, my nasolabial lines, my cheek bones, and a little extra filler on my right side of my face.
It is honestly the best thing i have done for myself in such a long time. I go to an actual doctor though, and not a beauty therapist- i had face surgery as a child so its quite a complex thing for me and i needed someone non judgemental, and who understood, had experience etc- and she worked in reconstructive surgery before she went into aesthetics so she has a really good understanding of my needs, and i trust her. Im not a snob at all, and my issues partly stem from my childhood surgery but i couldnt go to a beauty therapist to get my work done. I have my next appointment at the end of the month and i cant wait for my top ups.
I see a doctor as well who is gmc registered with a masters in aesthetic medicine etc. I pay £250 for 1ml, the girl who I work with pays £90 for 0.5ml, but her lip looks like a sausage. The white part of her lip bulges and looks awful.
I won’t lie, though, the temptation is hard to resist to go cheaper.

Mamacita

VIP Member
A lot of communication is through facial expressions/body language, but when someone has Botox it is like their face is frozen, no movement, no expression, no frowning etc. Just my opinion. I wouldn't get it.
I guess depends how much you get, I've had it done twice now and my eyebrows still move fine

101d

VIP Member
Going to get my first dose of botox tomorrow! In between my brows and in the masseter muscles

Whilst I'm there I'll maaaaybe get a touch of lip filler...

catscradle

I would be careful with injecting anything in the lips. I know someone who's had it done and it went hard and lumpy and years later she still sort of has a lump there (sorry not very technical!) and 99% of the time it's super obvious. Even people who haven't had problems stopped because they took so long to settle.
This is why it's really important to research as there are sadly practitioners out there who aren't qualified. Juvederm fillers are the go-to ad they can easily be dissolved and reversed with hyaluronidase though.

• Heart

smurphette

VIP Member
I have been swithering about Botox for my 11s/forehead for a while but decided 2023 is the year I take the plunge!

In the meantime, has anyone ever tried those wrinkle face patches? My work is really busy in January and I know I will be scowling at a screen for 60+ hours a week! Or any tips for not scowling so much 😅
I tried them during lockdown when I was glowering a lot and couldn't get Botox, but didn't think they did much! Hadn't had Botox in a while and there was no comparison. But I've never regretted the 11s/glabellar Botox - have been getting it on and off since around 2010!

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I've had lip fillers (very small top lip and always been an insecurity of mine) if you go to a skilled practitioner they can recommend how much you need and where to set it based on your wants/needs and you really won't look like a duck :ROFLMAO: the first few days the lips will be very swollen and you'll probably think oh dear god what have I done but when it's settled down it should look natural. I've mentioned it to a few people and they were shocked as they had a very stereotypical view of fillers and agreed it was well done.
Botox I've had one time in my forehead and it feels really weird but definitely smoothed out the fine lines. Again, good practitioner and don't go nuts of you want it natural, I think it's a good confidence boost that gets a bad rap personally!
Thank you, I agree, I hoped it would help my self-esteem but my husband is worried it will be the start of a slippery slope and I'll end up looking like Katie Price or something! I do like my face but as I approach 40 this year I am noticing my age and it gets me down :(

• Heart

KM857

How long did everyone’s Botox last after the first time they had it done? Where did you notice movement in your face first?
I start to notice movement at 2 months. By 3 months I’ve got enough movement that lines are coming back. Everyone is different though.

Reactions: 3
I had first had Botox just after my 30th back in 2018, it was the best decision I made. Researching your practitioner is key like everyone has said.
I had really deep frown lines that had creased my forehead even when I wasn’t frowning.
initially I didn’t want the full frozen look but I found I looked so much fresher with it, so I went back every 3 months for a while.
Nobody noticed at all, it just gave me a more fresh faced look. With out the extra creases my make up went on much better too.
I haven’t had any now for a year with the pandemic and I’m in desperate need of a top up.
One time I had it done I did get a bruise around my one eye as the practitioner must have hit a vein. It didn’t last too long though.
For me I just wish the effects lasted longer! Although I have heard the more you get it done the longer you can leave between treatments.

MrsLucas

VIP Member
I have quite deep lines on my forehead. Does that mean it is too late for me to have botox? 😬 🤔😣
No not at all!! the only thing with Botox though it that it is addictive just like any other filler especially if you do have deep lines once they start to appear again you’ll need it asap 😅.

• Heart

sushimama

Chatty Member
I'm intrigued why he doesn't know?
I didn't tell my husband when I first got it just because I was curious if he would notice anything's different or if he would find me strange looking. I figured if he never notices it then there's no chance anyone else will as he spends the most time with me. :D

He never noticed, however one morning when we woke up and were still in bed he did comment that I look really cute and "youthful" (in our language it sounded cute not creepy hahaha). So I guess it was working. 😂

Now I just tell anyone I talk to about skin / skincare.

Mamacita

VIP Member
Devil’s advocate, if your partner/other close family members don’t notice it, doesn’t it make you question why you get it? I have friends who get loads of different treatments and I can never tell the difference or see an “improvement “. I got cheek filler last year twice and liked it at first but then no one mentioned it/after a week or two I couldn’t see much difference… just an interesting thought!
No, because especially with Botox there is definitely a difference but if you don't know you won't necessarily be able to put the fresher look down to Botox, which I think is ideal. I did get my lips done once, no one noticed apart from me and I didn't like it as the main difference I was seeing was a mustache shadow lol. So never got it done again

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Sorry if this has already been asked but has anyone had a Botox “brow lift”? I have a slightly drooping eyelid and brow and in some photos it looks quite uneven. My brows are also relatively straight and I naturally have a heavy eyelid. Keen to see what the results are like.

Has anyone had any issues with it not really working? I’ve had it twice now, about 3 months apart and really not seen the effects I expected - the first time I had to have two top ups because it just didn’t seem to do anything and the second time was slightly better but not much to be honest. The girl I’ve gone to is a qualified nurse so I’m comfortable she knows what she’s doing
I have it done and it looks amazing for about two to three weeks but then it just wears off so quickly. I have had to have multiple top ups but it just doesn’t last.

I guess I’m slightly different from you in that I do see the results just not for long

LittleBirdie

VIP Member
I had Botox for the first time last Wednesday, on my forehead, crows feet and between my eyebrows. The lady who did it said that it could take up to 10-14 days to get the full effect. She also said that sometimes you need a top up.

So my question is, on my forehead, the middle part definitely looks a lot smoother, but on the edges of my forehead above the outer edges of my eyebrows the lines are still there. I’m wondering will I need a top up on those bits or is it just that it hasn’t completely worked yet?
There’s no way of knowing if you’ll need a top up until the tox has taken full effect so wait the full two weeks. Patience is key! x