Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gary Neville is my Prime Minister!!! At the very least, he's my leader of the opposition because that seat appears to be vacant.
LOTO is a very difficult job. Virtually all with the exception of Blair have been criticised as being useless. LOTO can't start doing policies too early otherwise the government nicks them (as Brown did with several of Camerons ideas).

Reactions: 2
😡
He is such a bleeping liar. The only thing he’s unified are the bloody racists who think it’s OK to be racist because he is.
Why don’t any of the so-called journalists ( apart from Beth Rigby who seems to actually have some bloody integrity) call him out on his lies?

Reactions: 10
LOTO is a very difficult job. Virtually all with the exception of Blair have been criticised as being useless. LOTO can't start doing policies too early otherwise the government nicks them (as Brown did with several of Camerons ideas).
It should be the easiest job in the world right now. I'd happily get in the despatch box on a Wednesay and just scream at the twerp for an hour. The country is absolutely desperate for an attack dog right now and Keir Starmer ain't it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It should be the easiest job in the world right now. I'd happily get in the despatch box on a Wednesay and just scream at the twerp for an hour. The country is absolutely desperate for an attack dog right now and Keir Starmer ain't it.
The problem is that most people don't watch PMQ's. Johnson is beaten by everyone every week (even by Corbyn ffs), but with an 80 seat majority he knows he can get away with anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
😡
He is such a bleeping liar. The only thing he’s unified are the bloody racists who think it’s OK to be racist because he is.
Why don’t any of the so-called journalists ( apart from Beth Rigby who seems to actually have some bloody integrity) call him out on his lies?
This annoys me too. When it’s so blatant as well. Journalists never confront him with a simple “that’s not true”.

I remember when the US election results came in and all the anchors (in America and here) said clearly that Trump was wrong to say the election was rigged. It was one of the first times they didn’t blindly report what he was saying (including pre-2016). It just goes to show they can refute leaders when they want to! The media will turn on Boris like they did Trump, but they’re giving him a free run for now 🙄

Reactions: 6
This annoys me too. When it’s so blatant as well. Journalists never confront him with a simple “that’s not true”.

I remember when the US election results came in and all the anchors (in America and here) said clearly that Trump was wrong to say the election was rigged. It was one of the first times they didn’t blindly report what he was saying (including pre-2016). It just goes to show they can refute leaders when they want to! The media will turn on Boris like they did Trump, but they’re giving him a free run for now 🙄
It really makes me doubt the media and what they report. I know that during Cummings's rule of terror that if any journalist went after them they would be denied access which explains why Kuenssberg and Peston just turned into No 10 scribes. Ch 4 is very critical and they often struggle to get anyone from the government on their programme and they (the government) are clearly going after them now. It's a sickening and very flawed system.

Reactions: 3
It really makes me doubt the media and what they report. I know that during Cummings's rule of terror that if any journalist went after them they would be denied access which explains why Kuenssberg and Peston just turned into No 10 scribes. Ch 4 is very critical and they often struggle to get anyone from the government on their programme and they (the government) are clearly going after them now. It's a sickening and very flawed system.
Cummings has pretty much admitted that he was feeding Kuessberg warm bullshit for most of his time in Downing Street, and she was reporting them as scoops.

Reactions: 7
You really have to wonder what planet Boris is on after his u turn this morning, how is this man our PM? I despair!

Reactions: 5
You really have to wonder what planet Boris is on after his u turn this morning, how is this man our PM? I despair!
I shall stick my neck out here. I think you will find every European leader has been in the same boat during this epidemic. Macron has changed his mind so many times I have not idea what they are up to over there. However, we are now at a stage where the lying to the electorate has to stop. We all want the same thing at the end of the day if we had simply been given a year lock-down at the beginning we would be out of it by now. But it has been the Hokey Cokey non-stop. I have grave doubts that we won't be going back into lock-down again in the very near future. The Tories don't look good in all this but with an opposition that just simply says it would do the complete opposite but without quoting any actual plans or figures it doesn't help.

Cummings has pretty much admitted that he was feeding Kuessberg warm bullshit for most of his time in Downing Street, and she was reporting them as scoops.
I honestly don't know how she could keep her job after that but the BBC is a total disaster when it comes to political reporting right now. At the very least, she should not be allowed to tweet the way she does without fact checking.

Good luck to everyone shielding by the way. I'm not but still anxious as hell.

Reactions: 5
I honestly don't know how she could keep her job after that but the BBC is a total disaster when it comes to political reporting right now. At the very least, she should not be allowed to tweet the way she does without fact checking.

Good luck to everyone shielding by the way. I'm not but still anxious as hell.
It was said that she got the job as they DG of the BBC wanted a woman as Political Editor, but if so, there were better women out there than her.

It was said that she got the job as they DG of the BBC wanted a woman as Political Editor, but if so, there were better women out there than her.
Who was the DG at the time? David Cameron installed all his chums into top positions at the BBC (Robbie Gibb ffs!!!) so I'm pretty sure she was chosen for a reason and that reason was not because she's a woman!

Reactions: 1
Who was the DG at the time? David Cameron installed all his chums into top positions at the BBC (Robbie Gibb ffs!!!) so I'm pretty sure she was chosen for a reason and that reason was not because she's a woman!
It was Tony Hall, the one that missed off about Bashir antics, the BBC NI scandal, gender pay gap, etc.

Looks like Cummings has struck again!

I haven't watched it yet as I worked a late last night but he's not giving up is he? I wonder if any of it will stick. I also wonder if this is just going to be a steady drip drip leading up to a bombshell. The man is an utter snake and I'm convinced he's just trying to get Gove in so that he can also get back into Downing St.

I think Dominic Cummings may be a Psychopath . He intimated he wants a one party country (obviously with himself directing everything ). Which is what Hitler did.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.