Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SO, the position of Mistress is now open again. Any takers? :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations Alexander and Carrie, on their recent "secret" wedding.
Got it in just in time before the next inevitable lockdown? :unsure:
Was Zak in attendance ;)

1622387960244.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The absolute bloody state of him.
She’s either gaggingly desperate or as much of a scumbag as he is.

Reactions: 29
I think her dress is lovely but hardly suited to the highest Catholic Church in the land. How that was allowed when he isn't a Catholic is beyond me. The hypocrisy continues.

They look very mismatched in the photo though. Bojo isn't exactly a planet loving hippy. His idea of relaxed is no jacket or tie 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
SO, the position of Mistress is now open again. Any takers? :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations Alexander and Carrie, on their recent "secret" wedding.
Got it in just in time before the next inevitable lockdown? :unsure:
Was Zak in attendance ;)

View attachment 596519
No wedding ring on Boris, I see? I suppose that would make it harder to pull birds....

The absolute bloody state of him.
She’s either gaggingly desperate or as much of a scumbag as he is.
I suspect it’s option b). She’s Sloaney looking and the teeth are a bit unfortunate but she’s an attractive enough girl; Boris is weird AF looking, old enough to be her dad and basically a medical midget in real life (so I gather, a friend is in-in-know). If he wasn’t who he is, she wouldn’t have given him a second look.

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Wonder if they went for a special licence to avoid banns/posting intention to marry to keep it a secret?

My parents got married by special licence but purely because, thanks to their jobs in the Royal and Merchant Navies, they weren't going to be in the same country long enough for banns, wedding, and honeymoon.

Reactions: 4
Especially since they've suddenly woken up illegitimate!
What a horrible betrayal. Honestly, the man is just disgusting. I just can't understand how anyone with a sense of decency could put their children through what he has. And that's just the ones he has acknowledged. My dad very nearly got a scholarship to Winchester and I am so grateful he never got sent to a place like that - they just churn out emotionally dead sociopaths.

Reactions: 23
Wonder if they went for a special licence to avoid banns/posting intention to marry to keep it a secret?

My parents got married by special licence but purely because, thanks to their jobs in the Royal and Merchant Navies, they weren't going to be in the same country long enough for banns, wedding, and honeymoon.
There hasn't been any requirement for banns in the Catholic church for decades.
Probably the only mention of an upcoming wedding these days will be in the section of the parish bulletin that lists this week's services!

Reactions: 5
I think her dress is lovely but hardly suited to the highest Catholic Church in the land. How that was allowed when he isn't a Catholic is beyond me. The hypocrisy continues.

They look very mismatched in the photo though. Bojo isn't exactly a planet loving hippy. His idea of relaxed is no jacket or tie 🤷‍♀️
Only one member of the marriage needs to be Catholic to have a sacramental wedding in a Catholic Church - and I presume Carrie is. They would just need a dispensation (permission) from the local Ordinary. They would also need to promise to raise their children in the Catholic Faith, which I'm assuming Boris has agreed to given their child had a Catholic baptism.

Not that I like these two. At all. He looks dreadful in the photo too. That hair is horrid. You're spot on they don't really 'match' outfit wise. He looks like he's come straight from the House of Commons.

Edited to add: For him to get married they would have also needed to ensure his previous marriages were annulled, or perhaps they were not considered valid by the Catholic Church in the first place. But neither the Diocese or Downing Street has confirmed the particulars on that https://www.newsweek.com/boris-john...es-questions-about-previous-marriages-1596191

Last edited:
Oh! the DM may have the answers. Because Boris was baptised Catholic (even though he was confirmed CoE while at Eton), his previous non-Catholic marrriages aren't considred 'valid' and so he didn't need annullments. Convenient for the PM! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Boris-Johnson-able-marry-Catholic-church.html
How convenient. I've been reading comments under newspaper articles I wouldn't normally (just to see what the general public think) and it's been overwhelmingly negative. Time will tell if this has taken the heat off of his various leadership failures.

Reactions: 6
Probably the only mention of an upcoming wedding these days will be in the section of the parish bulletin that lists this week's services!
Don't you have to post a notice of intent to marry at the local registrar office for that time though? Certainly I remember that Madonna and Guy Ritchie had to for three weeks before their marriage at Dornoch.

A friend discovered that her Catholic wedding wasn't legal because the certificate hadn't been signed by the registrar at the time when they went to register their firstborn; she and her husband were falling about laughing, her mother was having hysterics about Living In Sin, and the priest was talking about Being Married in the Eyes of God. Luckily the relevant registrar was tracked down in retirement to sign the papers so they didn't have to have a quicky civil wedding to tidy the mess up 😁.

I have no idea what the English rules are.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I don’t believe for a second that Boris is a Catholic and she can’t be much of one either. Aren’t sex before marriage and adultery frowned on in the Catholic Church? And as for her getting married in white… 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think it depends on the church. I got married 12 years ago so not recently in a Catholic Church. We had banns, we had permission to marry from the priest who visited us at home (yes!) we had to promise to procreate and there’s absolutely no way either Boris or Carrie would have met the criteria with neither being practicing Catholics.

I don’t believe for a second that Boris is a Catholic and she can’t be much of one either. Aren’t sex before marriage and adultery frowned on in the Catholic Church? And as for her getting married in white… 🙄
You can go to confession and you're absolved of your sins after 10 hail Mary's and an Our Father 😂 ...of course you can get married in a church /chapel for those things but I always thought a divorcee could never marry in a catholic church ceremony unless his previous marriages were anulled ,even if they weren't catholic ceremonies .I also don't think there's a get out clause in the catholic church you may be a lapsed catholic but still counted as one if you're baptised into the faith,you're free to practice again at anytime.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.