Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope so. I'm also hoping Cummings has some fairly spectacular recordings and it's not all hot air.

Reactions: 3
It’ll be bleeping Gove.

My brother’s claim to fame (with a huge dollop of chinny reckon) is that he beat him up at school.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Why on earth would they choose Gove? Seems like a mental idea, I can't think of anyone who wants him as PM, one of the most unpopular politicians around.

At least Boris had some sort of fanbase (though I don't like him at all).

Reactions: 4
It’ll be bleeping Gove.

My brother’s claim to fame (with a huge dollop of chinny reckon) is that he beat him up at school.
I would bet my left ball it'll be Gove. It's pretty clear how it all pans out.

Gove is the worst of the lot.

Reactions: 5
Why on earth would they choose Gove? Seems like a mental idea, I can't think of anyone who wants him as PM, one of the most unpopular politicians around.
Scuttlebutt is that he's tremendously affable and helpful to his fellow politicians and has built up a lot of goodwill. So although the general public think he's a fish-faced doorstop, the Tories want to give him the rub since he's a jolly good sort and Keir is doing his level best to make sure Labour is absolutely 0 threat.

• Haha
Scuttlebutt is that he's tremendously affable and helpful to his fellow politicians and has built up a lot of goodwill. So although the general public think he's a fish-faced doorstop, the Tories want to give him the rub since he's a jolly good sort and Keir is doing his level best to make sure Labour is absolutely 0 threat.
Plus he will have the support of the Murdoch press and of the Daily Mail.

People should see Boris as the rather rough unskilled bit of foreplay before we are all brutally f*cked by Gove.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Will all the people who voted for ‘lovable scruff’ Boris vote for ‘slimy backstabber’ Gove? I think they are in trouble if they pick him unless they boot him before the election.

Next election is 3 years away.

Plenty damage to be done by then. Time to get the biggest psychopath in to completely decimate the NHS and welfare state.

And we have an opposition that still seems keen on tearing shreds off each faction of themselves - which only benefits the Tories, of course.

We are completely and utterly buggered.

It's the thought of Gove's shovel-faced hag of a wife standing smugly on the Downing Street doorstep one day that does for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Will all the people who voted for ‘lovable scruff’ Boris vote for ‘slimy backstabber’ Gove? I think they are in trouble if they pick him unless they boot him before the election.
The gammons will not like him at all so maybe he'll be gotten rid of fairly quickly as well?? It's impossible to say but the only certain thing is that things are really bleeping bleak.

Reactions: 2
Could Sunak not lead?

It is like a soap opera playing out ... terrifying to think this is our actual country and leaders.

Could Sunak not lead?

It is like a soap opera playing out ... terrifying to think this is our actual country and leaders.
Sunak is caught up with the Cameron/Greenhill scandal, plus it's rumoured that Cummings has info on him too.

It's the thought of Gove's shovel-faced hag of a wife standing smugly on the Downing Street doorstep one day that does for me.
She won’t be moving into that skip.

There untouchable and unaccountable attitude stinks. Hancock today was vile.

I don't understand the cognitive dissonance of people in this country when it comes to Boris and how he is excused for absolutely everything.

Either he is a no nonsense renegade who would march straight up to Angela and Ursula and tell them where to go on Brexit, or he is a feeble, henpecked fool who can't tell his partner they can't afford £800 wallpaper. Which is it?

That's putting aside the ridiculous and pretty sexist fact that it's Carrie's decorating that has caused outraged headlines over the billions his government has handed out to his pals.

• Heart
I don't understand the cognitive dissonance of people in this country when it comes to Boris and how he is excused for absolutely everything.

Either he is a no nonsense renegade who would march straight up to Angela and Ursula and tell them where to go on Brexit, or he is a feeble, henpecked fool who can't tell his partner they can't afford £800 wallpaper. Which is it?

That's putting aside the ridiculous and pretty sexist fact that it's Carrie's decorating that has caused outraged headlines over the billions his government has handed out to his pals.
I agree with what you say,but I couldn't care less about how it's been decorated, but for me, I'm concerned where the money has come from when he is supposed to be broke, and IF the money came from a donor, what does he have to do in return.

I agree with what you say,but I couldn't care less about how it's been decorated, but for me, I'm concerned where the money has come from when he is supposed to be broke, and IF the money came from a donor, what does he have to do in return.
Oh yes I'm not saying there's nothing dodgy going on, just curious as to why this particular, seemingly minor dodgy thing has gained so much traction with people who have ignored all of his other corruption scandals, and I can only think it's because the papers love the Jezebel, Carrie Antoinette narrative too much.

Oh yes I'm not saying there's nothing dodgy going on, just curious as to why this particular, seemingly minor dodgy thing has gained so much traction with people who have ignored all of his other corruption scandals, and I can only think it's because the papers love the Jezebel, Carrie Antoinette narrative too much.
I think a lot of it has being stoked at their own end. It started off as them saying it was a donor, then a CCHQ payment, then it was a loan, now it’s being fully paid off 🤷🏻‍♀️The whole saga should have just being answered a week ago. They obviously know it’s immoral and possible illegal but once the media have a whiff of blood, the sharks are out. Plus the civil service, and DC seemed to have said it was a stupid idea,but it seems one of entirely BJ’s .

I also believe he probably did say the bodies piling up comment, but that doesn’t bother me as much tbh. It was distasteful but in private and if no one will go on the record and there is no audio it’ll disappear.

This is a well sustained attack on BJ, I think there is more coming down the line.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.