Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m currently reading Where the Crawdads Sing but finding it very very slow. Want to stick with it but I’m struggling, did anyone else find this?

Reactions: 3
Hi, i love reading so I thought i'd join in - if anyone likes historical fiction, i just finished 'the Librarian of Auschwitz'; it was an easy read, with a great story and surprisingly uplifting for a book about the holocaust.

Reactions: 1
I'm currently reading The Haunting of Thackery School by Skylar Finn on my kindle. It was free on Amazon so why not?! It's a ghost story. Not overly scary but I quite like it.
I'm also listening to 29 seconds by TM Logan after seeing others post about it here. It's okay, a little cliché but interesting

I’m currently reading Where the Crawdads Sing but finding it very very slow. Want to stick with it but I’m struggling, did anyone else find this?
I definitely did, but stick with it I completely fell in love with it and didn’t want it to end, by the end.

I love reading but struggle with it due to cognitive issues.

My local library offer free audiobooks via the Borrowbox app and I'm so happy to have an alternative.

I'm listening to The Prisoner of Azkaban at the moment. I've never read the books or watched the films and I'm met with shock and horror whenever I mention I haven't, so thought I finally should! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Already finished it.

It’s ok, yes a bit creepy but not too much, short chapters.
I was a bit disappointed, I had wanted to learn more about the sanatorium and thought there might be a separate story line.

It is still a good read but I don’t understand the hype
I thought it was a clear debut novel and pretty tit 😂 I loved the sound of the blurb but the book was a solid “meh”

Reactions: 2
I’ve just started reading The Nightingale, I’m only one chapter in so can’t really comment on it yet but have heard good things.
Before this I read Shuggie Bain which was truly heartbreaking but amazing for a debut novel.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just started Lethal White by Robert Galbraith/Jk Rowling

so far so good but it’s bloody huge.

I just spellchecked my post and realised I was about to tell you I was reading a book called Lethal Shite- now that would be a tale.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Interview with the vampire is a bit too serious for me at the moment. I've downloaded the sample of the bear and the nightingale for kindle so will read that and possibly purchase.

Interview with the vampire is a bit too serious for me at the moment. I've downloaded the sample of the bear and the nightingale for kindle so will read that and possibly purchase.
i didn't like it either!

I’m currently reading Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton. Not loving it so far but it has such good reviews so hoping it picks up. Anyone read it?

I read a book in 2 hours yesterday. It’s the Jaycee Lee Dugard story “A Stolen Life”. It’s been out a few years now, but I’d never heard about her until I watched a Kendall Rae video that came up on my recommendations. This amazing brave woman was kidnapped at the age of 11 by a sex offender called Phillip Garrido and his wife, and spent the next 18 years being their prisoner. She got pregnant at the age of 13, and gave birth to her first child at 14 years old, another baby followed 2 years later. Has anyone else read this book? Or knows about Jaycee Dugard’s story? I know it was a huge story in the states, but as I said, I’d never heard about her until recently.

I’m currently reading Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton. Not loving it so far but it has such good reviews so hoping it picks up. Anyone read it?
I read it earlier this year. It’s been my favourite book that I’ve read so far this year. I was completely hooked in by it and loved the twists and turns. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more as it goes on.

Finished 29 seconds last night and was glad to be done with it. Don't understand all the hype around the book personally, I thought it was poor. Lots of unnecessary details about how the children were behaving which was just padding to a ridiculous and unbelievable storyline. Could have been so much better.
I just finished this today. I really enjoyed it! Only started it last night and I just couldn’t put it down. There was a few unbelievable aspects to the story but I just let myself get sucked into it and was carried along for the ride.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what’s currently on Prime Reading?

I read it earlier this year. It’s been my favourite book that I’ve read so far this year. I was completely hooked in by it and loved the twists and turns. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more as it goes on.

I just finished this today. I really enjoyed it! Only started it last night and I just couldn’t put it down. There was a few unbelievable aspects to the story but I just let myself get sucked into it and was carried along for the ride.

Does anyone have any recommendations for what’s currently on Prime Reading?

His Wife's Sister by A J Wills is on Prime and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another one was The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock, totally out of my usual reads and I'm glad I took a chance on reading it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.