Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished reading the push, which was brilliant, and the last thing to burn by will dean which was also brilliant, my heart was in my mouth the whole time reading both these books, highly recommend!

ive seen My Dark Vanessa mentioned a few times too, this is also well worth a read

Reactions: 4
I'm mid way through 29 seconds and finding it a little drawn out. Hope to finish it over the weekend, life's been getting in the way of my reading this week 😅

Reactions: 1
I am now reading interview with the vampire. It's not too bad but I don't find it easy to read so it'll probably take me some time to finish it.

My Dark Vanessa was 99p on Kindle yesterday. Might still be. I bought it after seeing it recommended here.

Reactions: 5
MDV was harrowing but exceptionally well written. I thought the first half was far better than the second though.

Reactions: 3
just finished this as well!

about to start Find You First by Linwood Barkley I think.

I think this is my next read! Worth it? Agree I usually enjoy his books a lot.
i really loved the book! it is slightly different pace and style to his usual books but without spoiling anything i thought it was a perfect mystery/thriller and with a few twists! hope you enjoy

i really loved the book! it is slightly different pace and style to his usual books but without spoiling anything i thought it was a perfect mystery/thriller and with a few twists! hope you enjoy
looking at the blurb it seems very different to his usual, but he’s a very clever author and it sounds right up my street! More so than his usual type. I’m excited now 😂

MDV was harrowing but exceptionally well written. I thought the first half was far better than the second though.
I really didn’t like it 🙈 read it last year when it was first released

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve just started reading Red Dragon from Thomas Harris’ Hannibal Lecter collection. I enjoyed the screen adaptations, The Silence of the Lambs in particular is one of my favourite films of all time so I’m interested in reading the series.

I've finished The psychology of time travel by Kate Mascarenhas. I loved it! It was free on prime reading and I'm so glad I gave it a go. 5 stars from me :)

Finished 29 seconds last night and was glad to be done with it. Don't understand all the hype around the book personally, I thought it was poor. Lots of unnecessary details about how the children were behaving which was just padding to a ridiculous and unbelievable storyline. Could have been so much better.

Finished 29 seconds last night and was glad to be done with it. Don't understand all the hype around the book personally, I thought it was poor. Lots of unnecessary details about how the children were behaving which was just padding to a ridiculous and unbelievable storyline. Could have been so much better.
Ah I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it that much!

What are you reading next?

no but it’s on my list! It sounds creepy, would be interested to hear if you enjoyed it or not
It’s on my list too! Will be interested to see what you think of it!
Already finished it.

It’s ok, yes a bit creepy but not too much, short chapters.
I was a bit disappointed, I had wanted to learn more about the sanatorium and thought there might be a separate story line.

It is still a good read but I don’t understand the hype

My Dark Vanessa was 99p on Kindle yesterday. Might still be. I bought it after seeing it recommended here.
I loved it!

Has anyone read The Glass House by Eve Chase, have started it but finding it hard to get into.
Recent reads are where the crawdads sing by Delia Owens which was good , Us three by Ruth Jones which was great.
I came across this post a few days ago and I wanted to ask, how are you getting on with The Glass House? I started it on Thursday and I am actually quite enjoying it. I think it is well-paced and I like that the alternating characters that narrate each chapter. The chapters also all seem to end on a cliffhanger so I find myself reading more to find out what happens.

Last edited:
I’m still listening to it so appreciate you didn’t use spoilers. I agree about the kids. They are annoying, badly behaved, demanding little brats as well, like almost every child that appears in a book or a tv show these days!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.