Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kindle friends - Why did you not warn me that the kindle would be so addictive? 😂 I abandoned my paperback I heart Hawaii and started reading John Marrs - What lies between us. I don't think I have ever read a book this quickly whilst juggling everything else!

It was good - a few twists and turns. Would definitely recommend. Better yet it was free as part of prime reading.

Next on my list is T.M Logan's - 29 seconds. Has anyone read this one?

I've just downloaded 29 seconds, thanks for the recommendation. Prime has some brilliant books at the moment, including I heart New York by Lynsey Kelk if you like that series. I noticed that a few of Sheri Lowe' s books are also on Prime, her books are really good and have doses of humour to boot. One book I'd highly recommend, Prime or otherwise, is Verity by Colleen Hoover brilliant, just brilliant.

Reactions: 3
What are your favourite books set in the UK? Can be romance, thriller, any genre really.

Reactions: 1
I've just downloaded 29 seconds, thanks for the recommendation. Prime has some brilliant books at the moment, including I heart New York by Lynsey Kelk if you like that series. I noticed that a few of Sheri Lowe' s books are also on Prime, her books are really good and have doses of humour to boot. One book I'd highly recommend, Prime or otherwise, is Verity by Colleen Hoover brilliant, just brilliant.
Oooh I LOVED the I heart series. Might give them a re read!

I do love this thread - thanks all for the recommendations.

I’ve just finished Skint Estate by Cash Carraway. Has anyone else read it? Be interested to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: 2
Just finished 2 books
The couple next door- found it predictable at the beginning but got twisty at the end and overall had a good ending
And
Where the crawdads sing- such a beautiful read, one of the best books I have ever read . I adored the way it was written and found it very therapeutic and calming. Loved the main character

I do love this thread - thanks all for the recommendations.

I’ve just finished Skint Estate by Cash Carraway. Has anyone else read it? Be interested to hear your thoughts.
I haven’t read it but it was on my list to read. Would you recommend?

Kindle friends - Why did you not warn me that the kindle would be so addictive? 😂 I abandoned my paperback I heart Hawaii and started reading John Marrs - What lies between us. I don't think I have ever read a book this quickly whilst juggling everything else!

It was good - a few twists and turns. Would definitely recommend. Better yet it was free as part of prime reading.

Next on my list is T.M Logan's - 29 seconds. Has anyone read this one?
kindles are dangerous....doesn’t feel like you’re spending money when you just click a few buttons for new books 😂

Wow 29 seconds has left me like :eek::eek:. It was so good! I really recommend to anyone looking for a new read. The second book read within 24 hours... Either I have too much time on my hands or this kindle is making me read more 😂

@Tit4Tattle Thankfully this was on prime reading so not spent any money yet. I know it will be a slippery slope once I start though!!

Not sure what to start next. Might give it a break so I don't confuse myself haha.

Just finished 2 books
The couple next door- found it predictable at the beginning but got twisty at the end and overall had a good ending
And
Where the crawdads sing- such a beautiful read, one of the best books I have ever read . I adored the way it was written and found it very therapeutic and calming. Loved the main character
I hated where the crawdads sing - it’s so dull

The authenticity project is brilliant

I read half of Just My Luck by Adele Parks last night. Really loving it, can’t wait to read again later. I even made a cuppa at 1am because I was so engrossed 😂

Reactions: 5
I read half of Just My Luck by Adele Parks last night. Really loving it, can’t wait to read again later. I even made a cuppa at 1am because I was so engrossed 😂
I’ve recently read this and really enjoyed it....full of twists!!

Wow 29 seconds has left me like :eek::eek:. It was so good! I really recommend to anyone looking for a new read. The second book read within 24 hours... Either I have too much time on my hands or this kindle is making me read more 😂

@Tit4Tattle Thankfully this was on prime reading so not spent any money yet. I know it will be a slippery slope once I start though!!

Not sure what to start next. Might give it a break so I don't confuse myself haha.
I have that lined up to read tonight. I stayed up way too late last night and read The Chalet by Catherine Cooper in one sitting, great book 👌

I haven’t read it but it was on my list to read. Would you recommend?
It’s definitely worth a read and some of the political points are salient. The writing does seem self-conscious at times and it can be uncomfortable as a reader. I’ve since learnt that there has been a lot of ‘instamum’ drama with the writer so some of you may know more than me!

It’s definitely worth a read and some of the political points are salient. The writing does seem self-conscious at times and it can be uncomfortable as a reader. I’ve since learnt that there has been a lot of ‘instamum’ drama with the writer so some of you may know more than me!
I’ve heard bits and pieces....apparently she’s a bit of a fantasist? It’s a shame really I used to enjoy her Instagram posts and then she started kicking off and disappeared off the face of the earth!

I read Matt Haig - The Midnight Library. Thought it was okay but not amazing.
I read The Silent Patient in a few hours yesterday. It was pretty good.

I've just read The Dark Side of the Mind by Kerry Daynes and it was really good. Well written. It wasn't at all dark and grim, just really interesting. I would have probably named it 'Life of a Forensic Psychologist'. It was also only £3 on Amazon.

I just finished firefly lane. A really enjoyable book and I flew through it. I've heard the series is entirely different though but may give it a go.

I just finished firefly lane. A really enjoyable book and I flew through it. I've heard the series is entirely different though but may give it a go.
I really loved the book but gave up on the series half way through. I think I will order the sequel as haven't read that yet - I think because I loved the book so much, and after how it ended I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the sequel.

I'm reading this at the moment

I really loved the book but gave up on the series half way through. I think I will order the sequel as haven't read that yet - I think because I loved the book so much, and after how it ended I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the sequel.
I didn't know there was a sequel....! I'll do an investigate now and see if it intrigues me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.